Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bet365 under fire for not paying out on legitimate bet in Australia

• 28-08-2012 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like "the world's largest betting company" are coming under some pressure in Australia for not paying out on a $73k winner...

There may well be more to this story than what the above shows, but the fact that they have not responded to Today Tonight (quite a big show in Oz) doesn't reflect very well on them.

Anyone ever heard of anything similar on this side of the world? I've seen them called Bet£3.65 plenty of times, but any examples of them not paying out on a legitimate winner?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

There's loads of examples this side of the water but nothing like that.
    Changing the rules is bad enough but backdating it to before the guy had his bet is worrying?
    His stakes were around Aud 5k and the payout was 90k.
    Don't understand why they didn't just pay it and change the rules after?
    They have offered him 1/4 of his "pending" payout and have closed his account :eek:.
    Not great PR from Bet365.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭JHet

:eek: Thats an absolute disgrace. They should be kicked out of Austraila and never let back in with carry on like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

The regulator here is much stricter than in the UK/Europe and much friendlier to the customer.

For example, in Victoria, companies can restrict customers accounts on racing bets but you have to lay them to win at least $1000 on a horse if they ask for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

I'd be fucking snapping if I had won a bet that big and wasn't getting paid.

Imagine how delighted you would be when it won!

I can't understand if he was betting 5k in stakes, why didn't they pay him?
    He's trying to cover all the permutations from a selected number and for a stake of 5k a pop, sounds like a mug ounter to me.
    Mind you didn't know there was a quadcast in Oz dogs (out of 8 runners)!

I have heard Bet365 called Bet £3.65 as that's all they will lay you!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

No surprise really, i played online blackjack with them about 2 years ago and i won a hand with 20 and the dealer had 19 yet i never got credited the amount, when i went to live help they said i had lost:rolleyes:
    Closed my account have never bet with them again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I hope there license is revoked, to anybody that knows anyone of there friends that has a account with them please forward them this story, i just cant stand bookmakers that act like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

okidoki987 wrote: »
    I can't understand if he was betting 5k in stakes, why didn't they pay him?
    He's trying to cover all the permutations from a selected number and for a stake of 5k a pop, sounds like a mug ounter to me.
    Mind you didn't know there was a quadcast in Oz dogs (out of 8 runners)!

I have heard Bet365 called Bet £3.65 as that's all they will lay you!

I have found them to be alright regards laying. The worst is Hills by a mile. PP can be ridiculous also. Yesterday the max amount i could put on Messi with PP for top-scorer in this seasons CL was €200 - tossers. He was 3-1 ffs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

I'm sure they'll pay out, some good publicity for them too?

Messi with PP for top-scorer in this seasons CL

The interest alone will cancel any winnings!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

The regulator here is much stricter than in the UK/Europe and much friendlier to the customer.

For example, in Victoria, companies can restrict customers accounts on racing bets but you have to lay them to win at least $1000 on a horse if they ask for it.

This is exactly what I've been calling for over the last few years. The amounts I (and friends) have won to make an account restricted has been nothing short of pathetic in some cases

IMO if a bookie offers a market they should have to offer a minimum amount they will lay to lose on that market & they can't knock back a request for a bet to win that amount no matter who you are or how restricted you are

The amounts should be independently set depending on the size of the firm & the amount of their turnover coming from that sport (eg you could get a bigger bet on a premiership game than on a obscure rugby game). Companies would be free to INCREASE these limits but not DECREASE.

If they refuse to sign up their reps are no longer allowed pollute the airwaves spouting ****e about the massive bets they've laid to shorten a horse (Leon Blanche this is almost exclusively directed at your annoying self)

The amounts I (and friends) have won to make an account restricted has been nothing short of pathetic in some cases

+ 1

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭famagusta

theres more to this than meets the eye!!!!!!!!! from racing post

Betting coup sparks investigation in Australia

By Graham Green 6:47PM 4 SEP 2012 A MAJOR investigation has been launched into a suspected betting coup targeting bet365 that is making headlines across Australia.

The probe centres on an exotic tote bet that involved selecting the first four greyhounds in a race in the Queensland city of Ipswich on July 27 in which the other two dogs, including the favourite, refused to chase the lure.

Darwin-based punter Steve Brunker created a furore after appearing on television to castigate bet365 for failing to pay his First4 bet winnings of $73,163 (£47,000/€59,000), but while the global audience to the YouTube posting of his tirade threatens to damage the reputation of the Stoke-based world leader in internet sports betting, the news programme omitted to mention that Racing Queensland stewards were conducting in-depth examination into the integrity of the race.

That investigation continues but has indicated that the two greyhounds which effectively refused to race were kennelled at a property in Sydney run by Matthew Brunker, and officials are seeking to establish whether he is related to Steve Brunker.

The Northern Territory Racing Commission, which licenses bet365 in Australia, has also started scrutinising betting surrounding the race.

Following a stewards' inquiry at the track, both dogs, favourite Finished Forcer and Octane Moment, were suspended for 28 days for ‘failing to pursue' when veterinary checks found no apparent injuries.

Steve Brunker, who invested five units on the successful combination that paid a dividend of $14,632.60, told the Northern Territory News it was the biggest wager he had ever placed. He said: "I'd just got a tax return and thought I'd have a good bet. I was lucky. I thought I had fluked a windfall."

Although bet365 earlier made him a settlement offer of $25,000, Brunker refused, and the company has since closed his account.

Racing Queensland chief steward Wade Birch confirmed to the Brisbane-based Courier-Mail that the race had been put under the official microscope and said: "Our investigations with Greyhound Racing New South Wales lead us to believe both of those greyhounds are kennelled at the registered property of Matthew Brunker."

Following heavy criticism on racing forums over its handling of the affair, bet365 has responded by issuing a statement in a bid to defuse the potential impact unfavourable publicity could have on its business.

The company said: "Bet365 has been the subject of various media comments relating to the claim by a Mr Steve Brunker that he was not paid out properly for his bets on a greyhound race that took place in Ipswich, Queensland on July 27, 2012.

"Following a stewards' inquiry immediately after the race, the two dogs in question, including the favourite, were subsequently disqualified for 28 days for failing to pursue and Racing Queensland are conducting an integrity enquiry into the race.

"The Northern Territory Racing Commission is also conducting its own inquiries in respect of all betting activity on the race.

"Bet365 does not know when these integrity and betting reviews will be completed, but will be providing assistance in connection with each of these inquiries and with any inquiry conducted by any relevant racing, sports or other body."

The statement concluded: "Pending the outcome of these inquiries, bet365 will, unfortunately, be unable to comment any further on this matter."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

okidoki987 wrote: »
    The interest alone will cancel any winnings!

Please tell us where you are getting 300% interest, I might be interested :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 aleksikirov

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows what is going on with Betrockit since I have my money in my account and I have no access to it so basically I cannot withdraw it? Is there anything I should do I someone I can contact to help me with that?

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

No point in digging up an old thread on a different subject totally.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

Seeing this thread again I googled to see if there was an update. There is - Brunker lost his case

https://www.bookmakersreview.com/bookmaker-news/nt-racing-commission-rules-against-steven-brunker-dispute-bet365-australia/48709

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Didn't 365 offer him €25,000 as an ex gratia payment?
    "Bet" he's sorry he didn't take it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,020 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    any examples of them not paying out on a legitimate winner?
    :rolleyes:
    Didn't 365 offer him €25,000 as an ex gratia payment?
    "Bet" he's sorry he didn't take it now.

They offered him just under $5k, basically his stake back.
    Had to have a good laugh at the above comments.

Advertisement