Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve - Interview/Report-Writing (see Moderator note: POST#1)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭want2b

Does anyone know the start dates for training for the reserves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

If you ring the GR office they may tell you the intake dates for next year. There is an intake this week, or so I'm told, and I believe it is the last class for 2013.

Ok, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

Want2b , If you do find out can you post it on this or mail me i to would like to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rachie26

Hi im new to all this.
    Just wondering dooes anyone have a interview in sligo this thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ZippysNo1Fan

Hi Rachie26,
    I have mine in Sligo tomorrow (Wednesday)
    Nervous wreck!!!!

Hi Rachie26,
    Nervous wreck!!!!

Best of luck guys, don't worry to much just be yourself. Is it long since ye first applied?

• Site Banned Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Raider190

Hi Rachie26,
    Nervous wreck!!!!

You will be grand . Do your research and keep calm. Be honest with them and take your time answering the questions. Dont waffle keep it short and to the point.

Best of luck :D

Hi zippys! No way, I'm sooooo nervous dreading it. Well the interview anyway :(

• Advertisement

RUNNER 1 wrote: »
    just got word that i past the interview . :D

Hi runner 1 what was the interview like.

Zippy! Let me no how ya get on tomorrow! And Best of Luck :)

It was grand dont worry , they just ask you about community work and why you want to be a garda R , if there is anythin specific you want to ask just Pm me .

It was grand dont worry , they just ask you about community work and why you want to be a garda R , if there is anythin specific you want to ask just Pm me .

Doesnt sound bad, but my nerves will get the better of me I'd say :/ I'm not normally a nervous person. Do they ask ya bout "conflict" strengths, or nythn bout da reserve! How long were u in there? :(

Honestly dont worry its really not bad there not out to get catch u out , right this is what i got asked well what i can remember ,community work and my role, conflict resolution , dealing with challenges, teamworking and what would i bring to the Garda R?
    also know about the training involed and would you ever like to join as a full time member , i was in for about 30 mins . but you may get out in 20 depends on what they ask .Hope this is of help to you.

I've most of that covered, its just to answer them correctly? Well try to? When they asked u wat would u bring to the Garda reserve, wat did u say? If ya don't mind me ask in. I really don't wanna ****!

Its not that i dont mind you asking but this is somthing you can only answer, you have to sit down and think what would you bring and just say that because it will be your honest answer, you are reading into to much , when you have it done you will come back on here saying i duno why i was so worried lol.

Its not that i dont mind you asking but this is somthing you can only answer, you have to sit down and think what would you bring and just say that because it will be your honest answer, you are reading into to much , when you have it done you will come back on here saying i duno why i was so worried lol.

Ya I no its so true! I'm just so worried ahhhhhh :/ half da **** I've learned prob won't come up? How was da report writing?

it was grand, ,I thought was very straight foward. :D , when is the interview?

I applied in April. Interview didn't go too good... Written test was ok. The lady was lovely but I knew the ex super so it was a bit awkward :( Good luck to u tomorrow :)

• Advertisement

I think thats a good thing that you knew the super tbh :)

I applied in April. Interview didn't go too good... Written test was ok. The lady was lovely but I knew the ex super so it was a bit awkward :( Good luck to u tomorrow :)

AW no, why didn't it go good? Wat was his name.. wat were da q like. Thank I'm gonna need it :/ ......... a brick.

it was grand, ,I thought was very straight foward. :D , when is the interview?

Runner 1 I've my interview tomorrow at half 11 :/

rachie26 wrote: »
    Runner 1 I've my interview tomorrow at half 11 :/

What was da supers name?

Well very best of luck and really dont worry :D

Well very best of luck and really dont worry :D

Cheers! I'll post how I got on? Or shud I say think I got on... ha!! where did u do ur interview da mind me askn.

Do. :) I done my interview at the start of september in Dundalk,

Do. :) I done my interview at the start of september in Dundalk,

Interview went grand, was very nervous but got thru it, the written wasn't great, didn't get fin at all :( grrrrr

Its about quality of the report dont worry :)

• Advertisement

Sorry Rachie, I only saw ur reply there! Hope u got on well! Think i might have to become a volunteer somewhere else first as im not involved in any groups. Wont let it put me off though- if at first u dont succeed and all that 😉 Laters!

Advertisement