Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

and today I bought...

• 29-10-2013 1:00am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So my christmas shopping is well and truly underway.

Todays I was in TK Maxx and saw the most amazing dress up dresses for the 4 year old who only wants more dress up dresses.
    So I bought both of them..1 child down 2 more to go.
    I love being Santa:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

I got a mug, hot chocolate and marshmallows set in McCabes for 4 euro for DS :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭lovelystuff

Not sure if this counts, but today I bought a hotel reservation for winterVille festival in Waterford for myself and the OH to get into the Christmas spirit :-)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

oooh just got my middle girls santa present:)

Got her a tool bench and tools and it is awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Not sure if this counts, but today I bought a hotel reservation for winterVille festival in Waterford for myself and the OH to get into the Christmas spirit :-)

It's really great! You'll have the best time :)

I bought loads of jars and sweet moulds and stuff for Christmas hampers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I got a Christmas Cookie baking tray in Homestore and More! Half price too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Bought my nephew a mike the knight playset yesterday in Tesco's. It was a bargain so I snapped it up. Also have my Bfs nieces bought too. Its so exciting!!!
    And I bought my boyfriends this morning from the internet. Cant say what it is as he reads my posts sometimes:) Christmas shopping is well and truly underway, I can't wait!! I feel like its the only time(except birthdays) that I don't feel guilty for spending lots of money:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I bought my nephew a Talking Tom. I think it's based on an app.

More importantly though, I ordered my advent calender. :)

dark-chocolate-advent-calendar.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Mmmmm... advent calendar. :D

I bought Santa Claus salt and pepper shakers a couple of days ago. Will post a pic later. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Today for two lickle dogs, I've brought their Christmas pressies up to:
    ~ A Santa hat with wrap for around their heads (here)
    ~ Christmas collar that jingles when they move (here)

~ A Christmas fleecey thrown with a Reindeer on, for both dogs (found here)

Think that'll do the two lickle dogs for Christmas for now. Will buy the food and treats closer the time to have them fresher for them :)

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

awww my kids and dog need those throws:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 LadyMeowMeow

I got a Yankee Candle Advent calendar. Every window has a Christmassy tealight behind it. http://www.yankee.ie/shopexd.asp?id=4171

I saw them and fell in love:))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

I'll guarantee you will have the best time! It was awesome last year, really brought out the Christmas spirit, can't wait for it this year :D

A beautiful compartmentalised box in Dunnes to store ornaments. I love it! Same pattern as these but larger, and it was €20. Has two levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,230 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I bought 20 fags. But forgot to get a lighter. When I went back in, the guy behind the counter gave me one for free, saying 'ah sure it's only fifty cent'. It was a spar shop, so he was wearing red, and he was slightly overweight. Not a chimney in sight, but you never know these days...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

We had some vouchers to use up so we bought some decorations today.

A scarf for my cat :pac:

66555AEE4841471E81DC4607F2AC346C-0000317259-0003429086-00640L-36F560E5EB884FE0A5690E7D4A5B13F2.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That cat is the Derek zoolander of cats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Alicat wrote: »
    Can I have your cat? He/she (?) is gorgeous. Look at those eyes and all the cuddly, warm fur!

Back on topic, I didn't get anything today, too early for shopping yet, but am planning on getting presents for my boyfriend this week. Hopefully will have all my presents bought by the start of Dec!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I dressed my cat up as Santa Claws the year before last. He was thrilled.*

*may not have been thrilled

• Advertisement

Lily (a she!) was actually quite happy with it! Wore it all afternoon, even had a nap in it. :D

Brown Thomas scarf for a cat, he's better dressed than me :pac:

Oh no, the scarf is Penneys :pac:

Alicat wrote: »
    Oh no, the scarf is Penneys :pac:

Sshhhhh, he looks so smug next to the bag :P

I bought this guy!

Nowl.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 trades101

Bought myself a grey wooly jumper

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Got my first box of Mince Pies of the season! I usually just go with Dunnes'/Tesco's finiest but given that it's the first box, I got the Mr.Kippling ones. Gonna have the first one for an evening snack later on :)

2 boxes for 3 euro I think it was in Supervalu so I bought a block of ice cream too:) best bit is the kids will not even try them:)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Moonbeam wrote: »
    2 boxes for 3 euro I think it was in Supervalu so I bought a block of ice cream too:) best bit is the kids will not even try them:)

Niiiiiiiice. Yeah it's two for three for the Dunnes' ones atm too. From what I remember that offer stood for pretty much all the season last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/harrowandgreen/product/personalised-christmas-sack-letterpress

Santa Sack for my little boy. It's not that cheap but he's only two so he should get lots of Christmasses out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Anyone got any good places or websites to get cute dog stuff? Like hats, jumpers, blankets and stuff to keep them warm?
    Sorry if that is slightly off topic.

Advertisement