Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rectify [Sundance - US] *Spoilers*

• 18-04-2013 4:04am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

The first three episodes of this new series is out, i belive Sundance has a deal with Netflix so i assume all the episodes are up for streaming :)

http://www.sundancechannel.com/series/rectify

Rectify follows the life of Daniel Holden upon his release from jail after serving nineteen years on Georgia’s Death Row before DNA evidence disputed the State’s original case. Holden, who was only eighteen years of age when convicted and sentenced to die for the brutal rape and murder of a sixteen year old girl, returns to his family and to his hometown where the murder occurred and where many still believe he is guilty. Daniel spent all of his adult life waiting to die. Now he must learn how to live again or decide if he even wants to while others choose whether or not he will have that chance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

created and written by Ray McKinnon the wierd guy from deadwood and sons of anarchy Ray+McKinnon+2013+Winter+TCA+Tour+Day+2+orz9ojQWHuMl.jpg

first ep was top notch, except that they main guy acts like he's from the 1950's

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Why are more people not watching this...it's quite good so start discussing it folks or else my imaginary modhammer will be coming out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Who thinks he's guilty? Watching the opening few eps I thought we might get flashbacks or the two lads who met in the woods would be revealed to be the guilty party(they still might) but this seems to be a lot more slow burn then that and after that creepy conversation he had with blonde after his baptism I'm not as convinced he is as innocent as I thought. Kudos to the writers for keeping that question alive both in terms of the townspeople and the viewers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

First three eps are on Netflix Canada now with a new one added every week, it's really good show. I think, in a way, though that his guilt or innocence is a bit a of a maguffin, its more about someone adapting to an alien environment and the attitudes in a small town than a whodunnit as such. Someone mentioned his "50s acting" I kind of know what you mean but I disagree, I think he portrays the bewilderment and confusion of someone who went in as a kid and came out as an almost middle aged man very well. Another reason to watch is his sister, man oh man is she fine, especially in those flowery dresses and boots!

so he went in round '94...

Ep 4 on Canadian Netflix now, looking forward to watching it later.

Another great episode in a consistently good series, the cop on his trail is a great character, interesting to see what his reasons for visiting that guy at his house really are. I fear though that its too subtle and intelligent to make it into a second series.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Another great episode in a consistently good series, the cop on his trail is a great character, interesting to see what his reasons for visiting that guy at his house really are. I fear though that its too subtle and intelligent to make it into a second series.

Its already been renewed for season 2....do you not read the posts? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Its already been renewed for season 2....do you not read the posts? :rolleyes:

Oh yeah forgot that, didn't go over older posts, hopefully it will be a success when its broadcast over here, its the sort of quality show that BBC4 usually goes for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Watched the first episode last night - looks like I'll be sticking with it. Very promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

What a great new series - the first 3 episodes have been the best new TV show IMO over the past 2 years. Episode 4 was the only dip in quality for me - just waiting on the cousins to finish sending episode 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Wow, this show is stunning! Finished episode 6 tonight and I'm sad that I have to wait a year for more of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭squonk

I started with episode 1 last night and then moved onto episode 2 and then couldn't stop! Went all the way through to episode 6! It was very late when I finished but well worth it. What an amazing show. I love the subtlety and how all of the scenes are allowed plenty of time to breathe. I ended up more shocked that I should really have been after the events of the last 10 minutes. It is just a testament to how much I was completely drawn into the characters. I can't wait for Season 2, pity it's a year away :(

Just finished watching episode 6. Like most, I started watching and got hooked. It's strange to say, but it might be better than Breaking Bad. It's so incredibly well shot (the scene where he's playing with the feathers was stunning!), acted (
    when his only friend in prison was saying his goodbyes, I shed a few tears
    ), and written. It's crazy to think it might not be as popular as other shows out there, especially when it is better.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Just finished season 1, slow pace but I liked it, good stuff

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

Just finished watching episode 6. Like most, I started watching and got hooked. It's strange to say, but it might be better than Breaking Bad. It's so incredibly well shot (the scene where he's playing with the feathers was stunning!), acted (
    ), and written. It's crazy to think it might not be as popular as other shows out there, especially when it is better.

+1

watched this over last two nights after rjd2's recommendation and thought it was great.

It may be too slow-paced for some, and I can appreciate that, but for me it is a must-see.

The golden age of TV just got goldier!:)

After 6 episodes, does anyone think whether or not he did it?
    It seemed like he confessed to his sister and she said how he was tripping on mushrooms

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

This show must of bypassed my radar, must check it out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Breaking bad didn't become popular in Ireland until season 3-4 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Note to self to check this out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Being shown in the UK or Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Very unique show, in term of premise, tone & pacing.
    It's real easy to get a feel for everything that's happening because of the slower, more deliberate pacing as opposed to the more usual high intensity/full throttle dialogue you'd get from most other popular tv shows.
    It's refreshing. Very well acted by the leads as well.
    I'm looking forward to season 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

I just watched this over a couple of nights thought it was amazing. the scene where his friend was sent to be executed was very touching but not over killed which Is usually the case, just seemed very natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Best new TV show I've picked up in ages. It's a slow paced, beautifully filmed, thought provoking piece of television. Highly recommend it.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Must check this out, is this on netflix guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,921 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The lead actor is very good, plays Daniel very well, he is quite mesmerising

Great show

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Just finished watching all 6 episodes and found it intriguing. Some excellent characters and it was beautifully filmed. It is slow paced but that allows time for the characters to develop and gives you time to appreciate the cinematography. Favourite characters are Daniel's parents, sister and the religious sister in law. Can't make my mind up about Danlel, I'm still not sure if I like him. I do think that he is guilty. Looking forward to season 2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

jos28 wrote: »
    Just finished watching all 6 episodes and found it intriguing. Some excellent characters and it was beautifully filmed. It is slow paced but that allows time for the characters to develop and gives you time to appreciate the cinematography. Favourite characters are Daniel's parents, sister and the religious sister in law. Can't make my mind up about Danlel, I'm still not sure if I like him. I do think that he is guilty. Looking forward to season 2

Guilty of something! He is an intriguing character, though.

Sister, girl from suits, is great but I do get a strange vibe off their characters...not necessarily incestuous...maybe just chemistry between the actors?

It's a really good show, shows there is not always a necessity for huge incidents in every episode to create compelling drama. Obviously writer had a lot of trust from network. Also 6 episodes suits it.

PS yes, sister-in-law is awesome...such a layered character. hope she gets some recognition for the part

Advertisement