Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Let's see your Christmas Trees 2013! **No quoting photos: Mod note in Post 1**

• 06-11-2013 9:02pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

New thread in preparation for all of 2013's beautiful trees! :)

cartoon-christmas-tree.svgChristmas_tree-sm.jpgcartoon-christmas-tree.svgChristmas_tree-sm.jpg

The three tree rules:
    • The most important rule! NO QUOTING pics. It's jarring and takes up space. Please don't quote someone's pic. Simply refer to them by name or remove the 'img' tags.
    • Please keep embedded images below 800 pixels wide. If you can't resize, simply post the picture as a URL link and people can click to see. We will be editing people's posts to enforce this one.
    • As previously agreed, minimum relevant discussion is currently allowed on thread, but "Your tree is fabulous" type posts are unnecessary and will just be deleted. If you appreciate someone's efforts, use the thanks button.
    Tree Archive- All this forum's beautiful trees from ye olden times to inspire you:

At the end of this year we will copy/merge 2013's trees back in with the giant tree megathread.

This way we keep all our old Christmas trees in the same place but this year's trees will be easier to find for newer posters. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

FDinzlq.jpg?2

bZAftzV.jpg?1

xvVSRXW.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,316 ✭✭✭VanZan

@mashed: (Keeping this to a minimum) Third pic is very indistinct but the other two are lovely! Can you re-take pic #3?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

FIRST TREES!!! :D:D

I really, really love the pop up tree with the presents underneath it! And I'm not normally a fan of those trees. The lighting presents under it are a nice touch. I seen those in argos I think but I didn't think they would look that nice in real life, so to speak.
    I feel I should explain myself since I am possibly going to shamelessly rip off mashedbanana's look for my kitchen tree and may be posting a very similar picture at some stage! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

Finally finished, my pride & joy, conservatory tree. Forgot to put the skirt under before I too the pic..oh well. Dog tired now, all the garlands are up too. :-)

YCNeW1Vl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Broken Strings

Kitchen tree :)

**Posy would you mind editing my post please to embed the image, I cant seem to do it on my phone**

RrBboOj.jpg?1

Garland tomorrow :) Are we allowed to post garlands in this thread?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

My new favourite thread!
    My tree won't be up until 2nd-ish week of December but it's great to see all your lovely trees!
    Sort of gets me in the Festive mood knowing that some people already have their trees up! :)
    (PS: I hope this post doesn't go against the charter and I'm sorry if it does, just remove it if it does. Thanks.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Took the tree out to make sure it still works think looks good was just testing it

1463130_10151783615350878_1839183749_n.jpg

Will Re post a picture when shes decorated next weekend or so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

vickers209 wrote: »
    Will Re post a picture when shes decorated next weekend or so

As Promised ;)

1426749_693093767376130_841903292_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

The wonky little tree that almost could... :)

pMvvXvt.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

photo2_zpsc2e13ac9.jpg

Nightime image of mine, its a little bare but I like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

EDIT: Thanks to Posy for merging this with the existing thread :) In the past couple of years we've had very adult, colour themed trees, either reds and whites, or silvers and whites.

This this year we wanted our daughter to help us put the tree up and put things where she wanted them, so last Saturday the tree went up and we had a ball.

My YouTube Christmas playlist was played and we spend about 90 minutes putting up our decorations. So here's my tree :)

cKWniJAl.jpg

We bought these two sock decorations from someone who works with my wife and has been handknitting hundreds of these socks since June!! They cost £2.50 each and the proceeds go to a charity helping underprivileged kids in Cambridge by providing Christmas presents for families in need.

UJvwPXVl.jpg

h2bP35Il.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

I just put up 2 one with lights on and off sorry if I haven't done this properly so feel free to edit

I will post tree 2 when I have the energy to put it up

0DbOskal.jpg

tP5bKYyl.jpg

This my more fun kids tree I am wrecked now !

q9IhexJl.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Emcm wrote: »
    This my more fun kids tree I am wrecked now !

Oh wow, I love those mock presents! Where'd you get them? Lovely tree

Oh wow, I love those mock presents! Where'd you get them? Lovely tree

Thanks Alan I got the presents in Argos a few Christmas's ago. Though they are everywhere this year Penneys, Homestore and more so you would have no probe picking them up

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Put my tree up today and put some lights on my Holly tree outside woohoo

jTAxzHVl.jpg

S7aSkz2l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Our sitting room

OAuQp8wl.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 338 ✭✭Crazy Eye

my tree on the left before it got netted up to go in the car , will put it up tomorrow .

9Mv4kfZ.jpg?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

My tree :)

7k87UUs.jpg?1

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

288ctat.jpg

Here's our little tree in our first year in our house and not apartment :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

And a few of my Christmas bits (hope it's okay to post these)

jBPTWQc.jpg?1

dB8giDu.jpg?1

39K5EiD.jpg?1

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Your fireplace is gorgeous:))

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭poppet84

Here's ours!:)

VxLTFGy.jpg?1

1hoMO9R.jpg?1

D8AAa0m.jpg?1

Went up today!

IMG_7803_zps2a1e5d7a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Idrive

Was going to go with clear lights only but when I plugged in one set of colours I just had to go with them.
    It nearly broke my heart looking for warm battery powered lights for the garland, but had sucess in next earlier today.

Santa is coming , whooo hoooo !!!

gRS0coS.jpg?2

1FWG238.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

tree is up! :D I made a fatal error with the lights :( I should have mixed them all up the tree together but I didn't, I started at the bottom and worked my way up a set at a time and the middle lights are duller than the rest :/ it's ok to the naked eye but on camera it's noticeable!!

edit: mods if you could pop the photo up instead of having a link I would be most grateful!

QkdJcAZ.jpg?2

• Registered Users Posts: 34 elmar06

One done, 2 to go ....

yJnL1tR.jpg?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭April O Neill II

elmar06 wrote: »
    One done, 2 to go ....

Oh wow, so pretty and unusual with all the ribbon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Here's ours. It's a b!tch to put up (very complicated fake tree) but totally worth it, love it. There are already about 18 baubles underneath it from the kitten pulling them off :rolleyes:

283113.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

My housemate put up the tree last night, so I decided to have some fun with a Miley Cyrus Wreaking Bauble (via dailyedge).

she has not noticed yet.
    283127.jpg

Advertisement