Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car Alarm Installation Dublin

Options
  • 08-11-2013 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Howya,

Desperately trying to find somewhere or someone (preferably near Terenure) who'll install a cheap car alarm I bought on my 2001 Peugeot 206.

The alarm in question is a Hawk 240 Lite (just needed a cheap one for added peace of mind, nothing more). Installation guide below:
    LINK

Can't seem to find anywhere who will install something they aren't supplying at some mad price...if anyone knows anywhere I'd appreciate it, or if someone would be interested in doing it for a few bob lets talk ;)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Try giving Brendan in MDS in Ballyfermot a call. Im not sure if he will install something that he hasnt supplied though.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Davthalas

djimi wrote: »
    Try giving Brendan in MDS in Ballyfermot a call. Im not sure if he will install something that he hasnt supplied though.

I'm almost certain I gave them a try already, thanks tho!

Problem you face is that there is a fair chance that anyone reputible wont install what they dont supply, and if its not installed right then it may as well not be installed at all. How much are you looking to spend in total? Something like a Cobra (budget brand Clifford I think) should set you back about €200.

Problem you face is that there is a fair chance that anyone reputible wont install what they dont supply, and if its not installed right then it may as well not be installed at all. How much are you looking to spend in total? Something like a Cobra (budget brand Clifford I think) should set you back about €200.

I'm only trying to protect the contents of the car more so then the car itself, just want to be able to leave my new dashcam in it without some twat having a go, or at least being able to hear the alarm go off if some twat does have a go!

I'll be sticking with the cheap alarm I'm afraid, can't afford anything else...first car but I'll have a go at it myself as a last resort :P

Would an alarm stop someone attempting a smash and grab? Maybe in a busy place, but to be honest if someone wants something, especially if they can break a window and grab it in under 5 seconds then I dont think an alarm is necessarily going to put them off. I see car alarms as a means to protect the actual car rather than its contents; if you dont want to lose whats inside the car then dont leave it obvious to anyone looking in!

• Advertisement

Would an alarm stop someone attempting a smash and grab? Maybe in a busy place, but to be honest if someone wants something, especially if they can break a window and grab it in under 5 seconds then I dont think an alarm is necessarily going to put them off. I see car alarms as a means to protect the actual car rather than its contents; if you dont want to lose whats inside the car then dont leave it obvious to anyone looking in!

More for my own peace of mind then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Very few reputable car alarm installation guys will install an alarm they didn't supply, very little money in it and probably not worth the hassle. Your best bet might be to try asking an auto electrician to do it.

Advertisement