Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifehacking pics - Simples.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Stinicker wrote: »
    Thats just a combination of sheer laziness and disgusting

I like a lot of butter with my popcorn. Won't be using this particular life hack.

Edit: Unless I borrow the hoodie of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

110ed45.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

srumball wrote: »
    110ed45.jpg

7K8ujX.png

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

7489_41a3.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭Kat1170

srumball wrote: »
    110ed45.jpg

There is a whole generation who probably won't recognize what that is, actually the same could probably said about the smart phone :):)

• Advertisement

Kat1170 wrote: »
    There is a whole generation who probably won't recognize what that is, actually the same could probably said about the smart phone :):)

Yeah. A friends child asked yesterday, "Why does windows start with the C: drive and not the A: drive?" His/her Dad: "Well A and B are for floppies". Child: Whats a floppy?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

F3Gt10E.jpg

Ujfo4rG.jpg

And yet there is no way to make your life hack pictures into individual pictures which make browsing easier.

syklops wrote: »
    And yet there is no way to make your life hack pictures into individual pictures which make browsing easier.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/En-us/firefox/addon/imgur-uploader/

selective screenshot and pick the part of the image(s) you want

That must be the third time that add-on has been quoted in this thread. Its for uploaders.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Snipping tool in Win7 deserves an honorable mention. Click and drag over what you want. Saved me so many headaches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭dorkacle

I love both spaghetti and garlic bread, but that pic looks like maggots on toast :(

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Cork selfbuild

May not exactly qualify, but posted in a different thread by Hal1 in the Cool Pics and links thread "save some water" here

2d08f7558377ffc1df5bd12931f70631.jpg

syklops wrote: »
    That must be the third time that add-on has been quoted in this thread. Its for uploaders.
    rather than paste N images one at a time you can use it to upload a gallery as a single image

also handy for grabbing captions too

PQQ4Z0y.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Snipping tool in Win7 deserves an honorable mention. Click and drag over what you want. Saved me so many headaches.

Gyazo is the absolute sh*t for this. Select the area you want to focus on, it's uploaded instantly onto the net and you just copy/paste the image URL to wherever you need it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Gyazo is the absolute sh*t for this. Select the area you want to focus on, it's uploaded instantly onto the net and you just copy/paste the image URL to wherever you need it

Free users can't embed though?

Free users can't embed though?

Can't embed onto the likes of Boards, or am I misunderstanding the question?

Just had a try of it, looks to me like you have to subscribe to get the embed code to post here?

Just had a try of it, looks to me like you have to subscribe to get the embed code to post here?

9e8cdf3981213d448d8e3bdaf338724d.png

right click -> copy image url -> paste into the insertimage.gif box, no?

• Advertisement

NINJA!!!!!!!

9e8cdf3981213d448d8e3bdaf338724d.png

Cheers scartissue, its the bomb.

Mods, I know its getting a bit chatty but its interesting to see how other users post.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

dorkacle wrote: »
    I love both spaghetti and garlic bread, but that pic looks like maggots on toast :(

Just use the bolognese (meat and sauce), its lovely with some mozzarella in it too. My Mams been making them for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭red_0007

For anyone using Chrome or (preferably) one of it's safer, non-tracking derivatives, try this combination:

First:
    Awesome Screenshot allows screenshots, editing and uploading, althought not to imgur....

Second:
    Imgur Uploader allows uploading of any images via the context menu (right click for almost everything except a mac)

Use the two of them together to create a screengrab which you can then upload to imgur.

There are other extensions that seem to work in the way Capt'n Midnight's suggested Firefox extension works (e.g. Metronomik's) but they seem to want you to login and I couldn't be arsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

I used adhesive hooks to make a wall mount for my ipad (can be used for any tablet). Great for watching movies
    1186798_10200918453776246_525247853_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

PomBear wrote: »
    I used adhesive hooks to make a wall mount for my ipad (can be used for any tablet). Great for watching movies
    /QUOTE

i done that to hang up my hair dryer and hair straighteners, both fell off the wall :eek: i wouldn't trust them with my tablet!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Yup as above, anytime I've ever used or seen them hooks being used, they have always fallen off randomly. They are not worth **** all.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Since the tablet is really thin there is nowhere near the leverage effect of other items hanging off the same hooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

if its the suction type hook then just stick a bit of superglue on theback and it will stay for longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Advertisement