Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

• 04-11-2013 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes will be releasing Spring 2014.
    In a press release sent to VG247 today, Kojima said of the ties between both games, “The advanced capabilities of the FOX Engine have allowed me to tell the new story in a new way. There will be a significant difference in what Metal Gear Solid : The Phantom Pain brings to the series, so we want to ease players into the new open world environment and its potential. As such, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes has been designed to introduce key elements, allowing them to fully benefit from all that the new game will offer.”

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes will launch Spring 2014 on PS3 and Xbox 360 as a boxed release at £29.99, while digital versions will cost £19.99., while PS4 and Xbox One digital versions come in at £29.99.

According to the release, Ground Zeroes, “charts a rescue mission as users infiltrate a Cuban prison camp, and sets in motion a series of events that culminate in the stunning plotlines of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.”

excited-baby.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Is this just the prologue bit? The asking price is a bit steep for the prologue.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

In a press release sent to VG247 today, Kojima said of the ties between both games, “The advanced capabilities of the FOX Engine have allowed me to tell the new story in a new way. There will be a significant difference in what Metal Gear Solid : The Phantom Pain brings to the series, so we want to ease players into the new open world environment and its potential. As such, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes has been designed to introduce key elements, allowing them to fully benefit from all that the new game will offer.”

No man has said so much while saying so little. Moar details!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    No man has said so much while saying so little. Moar details!

... :pac: Too true.

€29.99 is a bit much for a prologue. But I guess it depends on how long it will be. Would be a joke if it's just an extended demo.

Guess Kojima is recreating the tanker/big shell element of MGS2. But looking back, the Tanker chapter wouldnt be worth 29.99!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I really want to know when Phantom Pain is out. I don't think I'll play Ground Zeroes when it first comes out. I'll want to play Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain a lot closer, if not ending Ground Zeroes and swapping to Phantom Pain immediately. You just know there'll be a cliff hanger, and I'm not going to enjoy the wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

They could charge full price and i be too much of a fanboy not to purchase it. Btw I still believe david hayter is involved , he just have to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Dunno how legit it is..

edit: nvm found another one done by the other guy.. :(

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'd find it very difficult not to GZ but if it's included with The Phantom Pain I'd be expecting a discount.

Also:
    David Gibson ‏@gibbogame 4h
    Konami saying MGS5 release timing will depend on how Ground Zeroes goes first combined with next generation, then decide if 2014 or 2015

What does that mean? If it sells well we get it in 2014 and if it doesn't we get it in 2015?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,197 ✭✭✭✭Penn

tok9 wrote: »
    What does that mean? If it sells well we get it in 2014 and if it doesn't we get it in 2015?

Likely they'll listen to people's suggestions and improve the game if people are complaining about certain things. I'd say he meant Feedback more so than Sales

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Penn wrote: »
    Likely they'll listen to people's suggestions and improve the game if people are complaining about certain things. I'd say he meant Feedback more so than Sales

Sales can be interpreted as a form of feedback I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Very expensive for a glorified demo, but still cheaper than buying Zone of the Enders just for the demo.

They probably didn't have a game coming up that they could add it to to boost sales, that and they're bleeding money now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Jay Pentatonic

Off topic but, is it just my computer or did the metal gear forum get scrapped? Wast really that unpopular? :eek:

But I too think it's a bit much for just a demo, really thought GZ & PP were gonna be released at the same time :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Varik wrote: »
    Very expensive for a glorified demo

Oh so Kojima told you how long this title would be did he. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

They could charge full price and i be too much of a fanboy not to purchase it. Btw I still believe david hayter is involved , he just have to

I'm the same. The way he was acting was almost that he was putting on a show about not being included in this game. Ill tell you this. If he truly isn't involved in any way. He has definitely gone waayyyy down in my estimations.

What if there was a slight time skip and Snake met Big Boss and Hayter was Snake while Kiefer was BB *dies of a heart attack*

Timmyctc wrote: »
    He has definitely gone waayyyy down in my estimations.
    I wasn't following it that closely, but am aware he wasn't happy about the situation. Why the above though?

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I wasn't following it that closely, but am aware he wasn't happy about the situation. Why the above though?

He frequented Twitter and interviews at Cons expressing his complete disappointment with not being involved. Came across as a bit of a tit and a child throwing his toys outta the pram at times. Alot of sniping and snide remarks too.
    Ah well,

Can't fault @RealKiefer

Great actor, good man. The game will probably still be excellent.

Like New Coke!

(New Coke obviously being Coke's failed product that was a critical failure etc)
    "It’s been fifteen years, nine games, and an enormous blast to undertake. If it were my choice, I would do this role forever. To hear anyone else’s voice coming from Snake’s battered throat, makes me a little ill, to be honest."

Can't find the Con interview but he's a little snide here not too much though tbf

He's always complimentary but then drops in a few snide remarks; here around 1.00-1.20

Just following him on twitter the past year or so he's thrown up quite a few RT's and sarcastic remarks directed at Hideo/MGSV. So its either part of a massive ruse (Which I hope and sorta expect) or its not and he's sorta a douche :P

EDIT: Actually his most recent Retweet on Twitter is this
    @DavidBHayter
    Fantasy: David Hayter
    Reality: Keifer Sutherland
    #RealityFail
    Retweeted by David Hayter
    So its still in his mind :pac:

Yeah, he'll be back. He'll be all apologetic about how he couldn't say anything as it'd give the game away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Guys, it was all a ruse, they want to keep it a secret that we're not playing as Big Boss after the GZ portion of the game, rather we'll be playing as Grey Fox. That's the real reason behind the change in cast; because Sutherland will be voicing Grey Fox. I assume that because now they plan to release GZ well ahead of MGS5, they plan to come out and say as much, because it will be fairly obvious that Big Boss is voiced by Hayter in GZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,197 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Jay1989 wrote: »
    Off topic but, is it just my computer or did the metal gear forum get scrapped? Wast really that unpopular? :eek:

But I too think it's a bit much for just a demo, really thought GZ & PP were gonna be released at the same time :(

Yeah, MGS forum was closed a few weeks ago. There was a bit of restructuring going on throughout the Games Category (forums being closed, merged, relocated etc) and it was decided that a few forums weren't really necessary any more and it'd be better if discussion took place on this main Games forum. MGS wasn't the only one closed, but given the only minor bump in posting when MGR:R was released, we thought it was best to just close the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

I'll lol if Ground Zeroes ends up being great and Phantom Pain ends up crap.

For some reason I'm not too hyped. Just doesn't seem like we need an MGSV.

Have you seen any trailers? I think we definitely need MGS V on the basis of seeing the E3 one. I don't need to see anything new now, it's just waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Have you seen any trailers? I think we definitely need MGS V on the basis of seeing the E3 one. I don't need to see anything new now, it's just waiting.

I'm thinking more storywise. It's just basically explaining a bunch of convoluted backstory from act 3 of MGS4. MGS always looks amazing in previews

snausages wrote: »
    I'm thinking more storywise. It's just basically explaining a bunch of convoluted backstory from act 3 of MGS4. MGS always looks amazing in previews

I think they can still keep making them until the two timelines meet up properly again.

Some of the game mechanic changes sound awful however. Regen health for a start :/ And they are using a focus group for this game (first game in the series to use one afaik) An awful idea imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Kojima is tweeting their be big news tomorrow for ps4

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,080 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Some of the game mechanic changes sound awful however. Regen health for a start :/ And they are using a focus group for this game (first game in the series to use one afaik) An awful idea imo.

You know, I'm typically against focus groups and any sort of interference with a creator's visions. But if anyone could benefit from a focus group saying 'this doesn't work', it's Hideo Kojima whose interesting vision is often perilously obscured by his awful one.

You know, I'm typically against focus groups and any sort of interference with a creator's visions. But if anyone could benefit from a focus group saying 'this doesn't work', it's Hideo Kojima whose interesting vision is often perilously obscured by his awful one.

I think he needs a strong-willed editor more than focus groups. I can't think of anything positive a focus group has achieved, in any medium.

Have to agree with Otacon below. I have a bad feeling that a focus group will end up being a bunch of Kojima yes men than people who can challenge him. Kojima needs someone to really challenge him and make edits to get the best out of the game imo.
    Otacon wrote: »
    I think he needs a strong-willed editor more than focus groups. I can't think of anything positive a focus group has achieved, in any medium.

I can guarantee this game will have my number one pet peeve in games. I HATE when prequel games have superior technology to games made earlier but set in the future. Like the Feckin MGS in Peace Walker is more advanced than Rex, created about 30 years in the future -_-. Batman Arkham Asylum you find a prototype Grappling hook thing. In Arkham Origins you start with the actual Grappling hook -_-. I guarantee Kojima will have Snake with some array of futuristic Tech we could only have dreamt of back in Shadow Moses or even MGS4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

So this new trailer is up for it.

Her outfit isn't very tactical at all...but I'm not complaining :P
    Adding more fuel to the fire about the recent debate with how women are being portrayed in games

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I take it, we still don't have a release date...

How long ago did we see the Ground Zeroes trailer?

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »
    I take it, we still don't have a release date...

How long ago did we see the Ground Zeroes trailer?

They have confirmed TPP is a 2015 game.

Advertisement