Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Freemen of the Land

Options
  • 31-10-2013 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭

Any one know where the Freemen of The Land (tir na saor, freemen of the land) etc post their vids.

Had a few encounters with them and would be interested in seeing how i am portrayed in their post edited vids.

Comments

pa990 wrote: »
    Any one know where the Freemen of The Land (tir na saor, freemen of the land) etc post their vids.

Had a few encounters with them and would be interested in seeing how i am portrayed in their post edited vids.

youtube mostly. have they asked you for your oath? if so, ask them do they recognise act? if they answer no then ask how the garda siochana act 2005 is working out for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

foreign wrote: »
    youtube mostly.

Any particular channels ?

have they asked you for your oath? if so, ask them do they recognise act? if they answer no then ask how the garda siochana act 2005 is working out for them?

I'll try that thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭haydar

Can I ask what Freemen of the land are?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Iano_128

haydar wrote: »

I second this question!

basically:

"Freemen" believe that statute law is a contract, and that individuals can therefore opt out of statute law, choosing instead to live under what they call "common" (case) and "natural" laws. Under their theory, natural laws require only that individuals do not harm others,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemen_on_the_land

they use maritime law instead of normal laws that the regular soap adheres to.
    They have deiced to opt out of the laws of the country.. statutes/ acts etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Good thread on the Legal forum about them.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056353782

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Good thread on the Legal forum about them.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056353782

yeah.. i've had a look at that.

but does anyone know where they actually post their vids
    any particular youtube channels/users/ websites that they share them on .

I really hope that they caught my good side :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

haydar wrote: »

Idiots.

pa990 wrote: »
    but does anyone know where they actually post their vids
    any particular youtube channels/users/ websites that they share them on .

I really hope that they caught my good side :)

Think they post them up individually. Do search for them.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=freemen+of+ireland&oq=freemen&gs_l=youtube.3.0.0l5j0i10l4j0.703.1862.0.3959.7.7.0.0.0.0.61.304.7.7.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.dWORyrV6Fg8

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Iano_128

I'm guessing OP is a Guard and has been recorded by them? Had a look at a couple of videos, they seem like a right pain! do they claim or are they entitled to claim the dole if they don't follow any of our laws?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

youtube mostly. have they asked you for your oath? if so, ask them do they recognise act? if they answer no then ask how the garda siochana act 2005 is working out for them?

Do you mean section 16 of the Garda Siochana Act 2005 the one with the Solemn declaration. IE this crack?
    “I hereby solemnly and sincerely declare before God that—

• I will faithfully discharge the duties of a member of the Garda Síochána with fairness, integrity, regard for human rights, diligence and impartiality, upholding the Constitution and the laws and according equal respect to all people,

• while I continue to be a member, I will to the best of my skill and knowledge discharge all my duties according to law, and

• I do not belong to, and will not while I remain a member form, belong to or subscribe to, any political party or secret society whatsoever.”.

msg11 wrote: »
    Do you mean section 16 of the Garda Siochana Act 2005 the one with the Solemn declaration. IE this crack?

Yup. Double standards. Don't recognise acts/statutes when it suits. Plenty have come a cropper in court when they say they don't recognise them. They get fairly familiar with prison cells then.

Yup. Double standards. Don't recognise acts/statutes when it suits. Plenty have come a cropper in court when they say they don't recognise them. They get fairly familiar with prison cells then.

I be fairly sure they haven't decided to opt out of the welfare system either.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

This lad whom I used to know will enlighten you all about Freemen tactics. Chancers all I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtMOEKJeaJI

da_hambo wrote: »
    This lad whom I used to know will enlighten you all about Freemen tactics. Chancers all I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtMOEKJeaJI

Here is another one. At Anglesea Street Garda Station. They are full of crap and committing an offence for recording in a station. Entertaining nonetheless...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19DbPMofoMI

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kevin3

I think the Law Society Gazette summed them up pretty well:

Freemanargument.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

Here is another one. At Anglesea Street Garda Station. They are full of crap and committing an offence for recording in a station. Entertaining nonetheless...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19DbPMofoMI
    I don't have a name or believe in names, but I'm looking for the name of this person!!!

I've a pain in my face from watching that...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Mind boggling that people like that are actually walking the streets. If we were a civilised society we'd be looking after them with room with soft walls and a romper suit.

Having said that the video is very funny... Funny but mind boggling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hill St Blue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19DbPMofoMI[/QUOTE]

The overwhelming feeling, after watching (and encountering) such codswallop, is the desire to stick my head in a bucket of Jeyes Fluid in order to wash away the idiocy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

They are more similar to a cult than a political movement. If you take what they say at face value it is attractive to the disenfranchised and easy to understand for the less well educated. Where someone is facing a dark time in their life it might be nice for them to believe that their mistakes were someone elses fault and all of their problems can be solved by taking the advice of these guys. Unfortunately for them it is a fantasy.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 St.Crusader_G

<del>

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭irishrgr

We have similar dopes over here, same crap, "Freemen of the land", contract law, maritime law, whatever. As in Ireland, it generally doesn't work too well when you tell a judge you don't recognoise his court. That usually ends up with the judge holding you in contempt, and allowing you the pleasure of not recognoising the celsl for a week or so.

Some are more dangerous than others, armed, etc. In Texas, we have the "Republic of Texas" crowd who argue that Texas was never legally annexed into the US, thus they don't recognoise the Feds or state authority. These "seperatists" have gotten violent, especially against the feds. Approach with caution. I helped serve a warrant on one of these lads for non-payment of property taxes and he threatened the county officials who came to evict him. He was well armed, but happily he was arrested without a shot being fired.

Questions: In Ireland is there a law that require one to identify themselves to a Garda?
    And is there a law requireing one to comply with the lawful order of a Garda?

Here we have both and it is an offense to not ID yourself to a peace officer and to not follow a lawful order.

Many of the "freemen" my colleagues have encounterd have run afoul of at least the above.

Curious,

A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

irishrgr wrote: »
    And is there a law requireing one to comply with the lawful order of a Garda?

Here we have both and it is an offense to not ID yourself to a peace officer and to not follow a lawful order.

Yes, various bit of legislation that make it an offence not to comply with a lawful order. (sec 8 public order act 1994 for example)

There is no offence of not carrying ID. However, if you are suspected of an offence your name and address can be demanded. (Sec 24 (2)(a) public order act 1994 for example)

Lads sequel to the above Anglesea Street video. This time no name Leo is attempting to stop outlaws kidnapping Eva the girl he was representing at the station. Spotted this on the freemen megamerge thread. Credit to the o.p. Includes a Sgt talking sense to Eva that Noname Leo and gang are full of crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bZBArIMkF0

Yep, sounds like the laws are pretty much the same. We have no requirement to carry ID, however if a peace officer demands it, you must identify yourself to his/her satisfaction. Practically speaking over here 99% of the population carry a driving license, so it's not overly common to encounter someone without an ID.

Those tend to be the two biggest pitfalls of the "freemen" here when they encounter LEO's.

Another recent phenomen is the filming of LEO's at work. Some of the anti-police organizations even give classes on how to and what to film. It's all legal (90% of what we do is filmed anyhow on dashcam) so long as they don't interfere with us. Had a colleague recently who ended up arresting a bloke who just would'nt stay on the path and film, he insisted in getting into the road to film a traffic stop.

All part of the fun and games. I commend the few gardai I've seen (online) being patient with these plonkers.

Sorry, premature click.....again, my hat is off to the Gardai for their patience with these people. If I were dealing with it, the chap in the red coat would have come close to arrest for interfering with a public servant.

Our rule is generally, go hands on with us and you are going to jail. A byproduct of being armed, is, any contact has the potential to grab my weapon, therefore we're pretty sensitive to it.

Another question: the female who was arrested, I noticed she wasn't cuffed. Is that not normal procedure for an arrest? We have to cuff all arrestee's for everyones protection. I don't want someone going crazy in the back of the car and hurting me or themselves.

Well done lads on that one.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

He must have broadband to upload them videos ! I wonder what's the name on the bill ???

Oh lord,

The HSE is a business like Tesco's run the same as Tesco. Selling children.

Garda outlaws, if they don't recognise the Garda why are they call them Garda

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Has anyone mentioned blue ink yet?

• Advertisement

msg11 wrote: »
    Oh lord,

The HSE is a business like Tesco's run the same as Tesco. Selling children.

Garda outlaws, if they don't recognise the Garda why are they call them Garda

I think Outlaws is a compliment! As in Robin Hood and his Merry Men were outlaws. And they were good guys that helped the downtrodden.

Advertisement