Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What camo??

• 16-10-2013 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Wel lads, I was want to know what camo you all use and what you think is the best. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Wel lads, I was want to know what camo you all use and what you think is the best. :)

For what environment?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

Personally, I think Digital Woodland is the best. Works well in nearly terrain, especially at a site like Tigerland. I've seen other player's use Tiger Stripe and CADPAT, again, personal opinions.

I'd also look into Italian Veg. Woodland and AOR2 (AOR2 seems to be the best where there's more green plant's/grass).

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Weemassey65

For what environment?.

in common Irish fields.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

i use cadpat and seems to do okay, try not to have one solid colour though as it can really give away your position espically the darker ones
    also flectarn always seemed pretty effictive to me

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Weemassey65

i was just after seeing this and it look pretty good. is marpat and digital wood land the same. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJFj7SvXRQc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Marpat is very popular alright for our environment, there are loads of choices, British DPM, Swedish M90 splinter pattern, good old US woodland Tri-colour. A-TACS foliage green seems pretty good for our wooded areas etc.

Depending on the time of year multicam is alright.

i was just after seeing this and it look pretty good. is marpat and digital wood land the same. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJFj7SvXRQc

Well MARPAT is just short for Marine Pattern, so there basically the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

My preference is for flecktarn. I picked up some very cheap used gear from asmc.de. Its ex army gear so it can be a bit washed out colour wise (esp on the pants) but i think that adds to the realism and effectiveness of it.

You don't want shiny new camo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭backthephilup

Just got a full suit of
    http://helikon-tex.com/#!/Uniforms/CPU/BL-CPU-NR If I can direct your attention to exhibit A
    E8655201-15D2-4A7C-8B49-138BD6D1A152-6131-00000376E36B713B_zps88d481d3.jpg
    you will probably be surprised when I tell you that is me wearing the hat and not just an empty room:) Is it the amazing camo or my natural ninja concealment skills? I don't know........
    Be you on a budget or looking for something different I can't recommend http://www.thecamoshop.ie/ enough

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

What camo? No sudden movement. But for clothing, the one that's got greens and brown.

In short, how long is a piece of string. It'll depend g really on the site & its environs, and the time of year, weather, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Clearly ACU is the superior choice...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

NakedDex wrote: »
    Clearly ACU is the superior choice...

Finally somebody agrees ACU ftw

I agree too, but it only works for couches.....

ACU-couch-web.jpg

On a serious note, only for mountain areas, rocky terrain, etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

I agree too, but it only works for couches.....

ACU-couch-web.jpg

On a serious note, only for mountain areas, rocky terrain, etc.....

who left their boots on the couch again lads.. oh wait :rolleyes:

For irish fields? Irish DPM :p
    I find flat OD works just as well as any actual camo pattern. If you just wear different shades of OD for the tac vest, top and bottoms, seems to do the trick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Ye had to bring out the couch photo..........

Ok back on topic, for close woodland i like to use flecktarn or dpm, for more open ground i use mtp and for urban, it does'nt really matter maybe some grey/ black clothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 adoyler97

Im thinking AOR2 combat shirt ,OD vest, AOR2 bottoms and an OD Fast Helmet Sprayed in a snakeskin pattern or AOR2 Hydro dipped

Question: what's people's opinions of Alpenflage?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

I love it, used it a few times and ya do vanish. Need another set

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Its great stuff.......

Advertisement