Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Graduation lunch Dublin!

• 25-10-2013 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi!

Just looking for some help to find a place to eat with family and a few others after my graduation ceremony in DCU in November.

Location can really be anywhere from DCU area to city centre.

Looking for good food and drinks in a nice setting, good service and reasonable prices (I was thinking €25-40ish per person if they were getting starter and main).

Thanks!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

Best lunch I ever had was in The Pig's Ear on Nassau street. Really reasonable for the quality of the food (they were running a lunch special at the time). Dining room is on the small side but they may have another room upstairs for larger groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I would recommend checking out Brasserie Sixty6 on Georges St, they have a lovely varied menu, it's 25e for the early bird.

The Exchange Restaurant in the Westin also does a really nice 25e early bird.

Le Bon Crubeen on Talbot St also worth checking out.

Due to the nature of my course I'm about to have two graduations, one with just my class and one with family. Going to go to two of these three places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Le Pont - Fitzwilliam Square is nice, I like the little cordoned off booths.

Off course you can never beat Chapter One

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Have a lunch menu at somewhere like chapter one. I have never heard anyone give out about it. It's expensive but excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

hfallada wrote: »
    Have a lunch menu at somewhere like chapter one. I have never heard anyone give out about it. It's expensive but excellent.

The pre-theatre menu is great value there. The best restaurant in Dublin imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 yornoc91

Thanks for the suggestions, some look like perfect places but I have been contacting a few and some (The Exchange, Le Pont, Chapter One) are not open for lunch/pre-theatre as the graduation is a Saturday! Still waiting on the Bon Crubeen and Pigs Ear to get back to me! :)

I suppose the time I'm looking for is a bit awkward as its kind of between lunch and dinner..some time between 4-5pm is what I was aiming for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Wouldn't reccommend le bon cruben tbh , last time I was there the food an service wasn't that great. Could ave just been a bad day though....

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Wouldn't reccommend le bon cruben tbh , last time I was there the food an service wasn't that great. Could ave just been a bad day though....

I'd say it was a one off to be fair. I've eaten there loads of times and never had a bad experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

tfak85 wrote: »
    I would recommend checking out Brasserie Sixty6 on Georges St, they have a lovely varied menu, it's 25e for the early bird.

Food isn't great in there and the service is woeful. I actively encourage people not to go!

Fade St. Social might be what you're looking for - they're definitely open for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

I had my graduation lunch years ago at Cliff Town House. It was amazing. Great value for the quality of food you're getting. Portion was reasonable too. Check out their lunch menu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 yornoc91

Hey! Just to let ye know had food in Le Bon Crubeen and it was great. Nice atmosphere, service and food! Definitly going to be re-visiting! :)

yornoc91 wrote: »
    Hey! Just to let ye know had food in Le Bon Crubeen and it was great. Nice atmosphere, service and food! Definitly going to be re-visiting! :)

Always nice to have a follow up post, it rarely happens, thanks.

Le Bon is lovely

Advertisement