Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penney's gotta whole lotta things for Christma

• 22-10-2013 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭

Was in Penney's yesterday and noticed their Christmas decoration section. Great value - nine flat sparkly hanging ones for trees in silver/gold for two euro (will sparkle when light is reflected on them). Little boxes of LED heart shaped wire lights or round silver ones for six euro. Wooden wicker hearts with led lights for 8 euro. All battery operated. Very very good value for lighting up your house. Also, they are not just for christmas - they can be used anytime - the heart shaped ones during valentines, etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Awwww - I wish they had an online store with international delivery :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

the are extremely light - if you knew somebody they could post some to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hufflepuff

They have mens christmas slippers - Elf boots with bells that jingle ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

On a related note, do they not realise that there are internet campaigns to find the original 80's early 90's Penneys Christmas jingle. Primark in the UK.

Bring the original Jingle back and not some re-imagined bollix and its a marketers dream. First time it plays on TV a few million heads in these isles turns to the TV at once, "OMG!! I haven't heard that in donkeys years!!" They get a warm fussy good humoured glow come over them remembering their childhood Christmas' in the 80's. "Penneys, Gotta whole lot of things for Christmas, got a lot for de family, Tra la la, la la la la la......"

Is there some reason they don't want that Demographic with the most disposable income assosciating that warm happy nostalgic feeling with their brand??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I don't know! But it's really weird how nobody can find a copy of that advert anywhere!

Maybe they will bring it back this Christmas as a big surprise. I can dream. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭roughneck

sweat shop crap ,but at least im supporting them ,im a union man /woman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Calibos wrote: »
    On a related note, do they not realise that there are internet campaigns to find the original 80's early 90's Penneys Christmas jingle. Primark in the UK.

Bring the original Jingle back and not some re-imagined bollix and its a marketers dream. First time it plays on TV a few million heads in these isles turns to the TV at once, "OMG!! I haven't heard that in donkeys years!!" They get a warm fussy good humoured glow come over them remembering their childhood Christmas' in the 80's. "Penneys, Gotta whole lot of things for Christmas, got a lot for de family, Tra la la, la la la la la......"

Is there some reason they don't want that Demographic with the most disposable income assosciating that warm happy nostalgic feeling with their brand??

They have the shorter version playing on the screens in Henry Street, Dublin all year round. No sound though. Still, it's not the same

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

You can dress head to toe in Christmas attire from penneys! Hats, scarves, gloves, jumpers, skirts, knee socks, leggings, slippers! It's all tack and I love it! :pac:

I love Penneys. They have a great selection of jumpers for the winter. And it's usually where I buy all my socks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭washiskin

I made the O/H buy a Christmas Pudding beanie hat there yesterday. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

They posted the ad on their Facebook page last year or the year before, but i think it was slightly different to what I remember.

http://youtu.be/athHodH_nis

That's the one they posted, but the song is different isn't it?

And don't they play the jingle on the radio ads?! The fast version?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭teacherhead

Cherrycola wrote: »
    http://youtu.be/athHodH_nis

That's the one they posted, but the song is different isn't it?

The original was better had little elf people working in Santa's workshop as far as I can remember.

Possibly actual footage from one of their manufacturing sites in the far east... Either way, being it back.

Cherrycola wrote: »
    And don't they play the jingle on the radio ads?! The fast version?
    My mother heard the 'old' fast version on the radio last year. I nearly cried with jealousy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

Calibos wrote: »

I know, it was a great christmas ad..wish they would bring it back - so nostalgic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Had another look in yesterday. Christmas bras, Christmas sheets and blankets! Need all!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

The Classic Penneys Ad!

Not sure if anyone found it since but it's the first time I've heard it in years

Yes, Karsini found it on YouTube and posted it here in 2014!

Advertisement