Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine [Fox]

• 08-08-2013 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84,817 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Its all kicking off!....citing! :)
    The upfronts are upon us, fans bite their nails to see if there fave show is renewed or axed. Most of the results are in, but NBC and especially ABC have yet to drop official word.

Today Fox has ordered four pilots to series: http://tvline.com/2013/05/08/fox-new-series-fall-2013-tv-shows-jj-abrams-almost-human/

Brooklyn Nine-Nine (previously the untitled Dan Goor/Mike Schur comedy)
    Logline: Revolves around a diverse group of detectives at a New York precinct and what happens when a detective who doesn't take anything seriously gets a new by-the-book boss who wants him to grow up and respect the badge.
    Cast: Andy Samberg, Andre Braugher, Terry Crews, Melissa Fumero, Stephanie Beatriz,Chelsea Peretti, Joe Lo Truglio
    Team: W/EP Dan Goor, Mike Schur (Parks and Recreation); EP David Miner; P Andy Samberg; D Phil Lord, Chris Miller (21 Jump Street)
    Studio: Universal Television, 3 Arts
    Format: Single-camera

Kinda reminds of the underrated show The Unusuals if done by the SNL crew :P but the casting of Andre Braugher is interesting plus Crews and Samberg can be very funny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭squonk

Like the look of that! Braugher is good casting actually. I just hope all the good bits aren't in this trailer! I'm getting a kind of Chuck vibe off it, though obviously quite a different show and it has elements of Sledgehammer also which is no bad thing!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

This looks pretty darn good. I will be watching this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

i actually thought this was gonna be an hour long drama cop show, but im delighted its a half hour cop comedy show, and i must say it looks pretty damn good,

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

First episode quite good. Has a real Parks and Rec vibe (given the same show runners) and now we've gotten the characters out of the way, I'm hoping it's gonna go up in quality!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

I really liked the pilot - could be one that I stick with.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Defo liked that, will be waiting for the next episode to air.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

Pilots are always tricky things to judge but this has huge potential judging from it.

Samberg has had a couple of false starts in his career but there's no doubt that he's incredibly talented and I think this is a role that could be his making. A really likeable supporting cast as well.

Can't wait to see how this develops.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I liked this. It sort of reminded me of Scrubs (wacky guy, and everyone else is slightly more serious), but I prefer this show a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

its ok

• Advertisement

Really enjoyed the first episode. It was a by the book pilot but there was quite a bit of inventiveness to how it unfolded. Loved how Terry Crewes explained each character to the new boss. It poked fun at many of the cop genre cliches while at the same time providing some good laughs and telling us everything we need to know about each character.

The episode wasn't laugh out loud funny but it did raise a lot of smiles and there's genuine potential there for it to evolve into one of the weeks highlights. It's certainly leagues ahead of trash like Dads

I'm really enjoying this, it's one if the better new shows and has a quiet charm that you really warm too. I'm hoping that subsequent episodes will see a loittle more action out side of the station but for tea time TV you can't go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm really enjoying this, it's one if the better new shows and has a quiet charm that you really warm too. I'm hoping that subsequent episodes will see a loittle more action out side of the station but for tea time TV you can't go wrong.

For me it was probably the new sitcom of the season I've been most anticipating, but so far it has disappointed me. I'm gonna give it until episode 8 or 9, because it's far from awful and I think sitcoms can sometimes struggle to find their feet, but so far I think CBS and ABC are way ahead of the game with the sitcoms this season... Fox and NBC, not so much with the winning combinations...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Think it's very good actually.. kinda still getting a bit of a Scrubs vibe off it, but I like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 84,817 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Full season pick and super bowl slot Source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Caught up on this over the weekend and enjoying it, my favourite new comedy so far, Samburg is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

gah, flew through the first 5 episodes of this way to quick. Need to wait a week now for a half hour episode. Its very good, with the amount of US sitcom junk out there its good to get something quality like this. Great casting as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The only problem I have with the show is Chelsea Peretti... horribly unfunny!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭ceegee

Another very funny episode this week, loved the sex tape titles.

Imo, only IASIP has surpassed it in terms of sitcoms so far this season. Great ensemble (except Gina - by far the least funny character) who have gelled instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭cena

Has any channel over picked up the show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

cena wrote: »
    E4 has picked up the show, but it isn't been aired until next year as far as I remember.

ceegee wrote: »
    Great ensemble (except Gina - by far the least funny character) who have gelled instantly.

:eek: I love Gina, the civilian administrator, right? The sardonic drawl, complete lack of enthusiam for anything other than modern dance, the hideous jumpers. And she has gelled really well with the Andy Sandberg, they have some great scenes together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

:eek: I love Gina, the civilian administrator, right? The sardonic drawl, complete lack of enthusiam for anything other than modern dance, the hideous jumpers. And she has gelled really well with the Andy Sandberg, they have some great scenes together.

I agree. I was quite surprised when I read here that people didn't like her. I think she's a very good character. More interesting than the Sargent anyway.

Didn't think this week's episode was up to the same standard as the rest of the series.

I agree. I was quite surprised when I read here that people didn't like her. I think she's a very good character. More interesting than the Sargent anyway.

Didn't think this week's episode was up to the same standard as the rest of the series.

Yea, I thought there was a definite lull with this episode. Still, one dud out of 6 is not bad, and I did find the last few minutes fairly funny (from when he was locked in handcuffs on)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Any one still watching this,I have two more to go in this season and i love it,hopefully they can keep the standad or even raise the level,def going to keep watching this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Any one still watching this,I have two more to go in this season and i love it,hopefully they can keep the standad or even raise the level,def going to keep watching this.

Yeah I'm still watching and enjoying it for the most part. There have been a couple of episodes that were only ok but that's to be expected I suppose.

Best new comedy this year for me, really enjoy every episode. They've gotten the balance right for each character. There are some show that take an eternity for a character (or rather the writers) to get to grips with themselves. Not the case here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Agree. All the episodes so far have ranged from good to really good. No duds any way. Very funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Its my favourite new show by far, I thought the Thanksgiving episode was the best so far, loved Boyle Bingo :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,817 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

cena wrote: »

Starts on RTE 2 tonight at 9pm

Advertisement