Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tetra roof antenna

• 21-10-2013 11:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭

Looking to get a new or used roof mounted tetra antenna for my focus , any one got any for sale or where I could get one ?

Tried a few of the auto factor places but they dont have anything that looks the part .

One other thing are they stick on or do you screw them into the roof .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

hopperdavy wrote: »
    Looking to get a new or used roof mounted tetra antenna for my focus , any one got any for sale or where I could get one ?

Tried a few of the auto factor places but they dont have anything that looks the part .

One other thing are they stick on or do you screw them into the roof .

Why do you need a tetra antenna ?

Are you trying to mimic an AGS unmarked car ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭hopperdavy

Just doing up a car at the moment , a focus , I do quite a bit of photography and attend a lot of areas where the emergency services work or do displays .

Just want to blend in as such .

So yes you want to impersonate an AGS unmarked car !

I discussed this in the vehicle pic thread previously about the numerous occasions recently I have witnessed , motorbikes / vans / cars trying to mimic AGS vehicles.

I find it personally to be a little bit sad.

This thread should be locked as the OP's intentions are clear and illegal.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

It is illegal to impersonate a member of An Garda Siochana. That would include using a vehicle that is designed to look like a Garda patrol car.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2005/en/act/pub/0020/sec0060.html

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement