Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollystown potential residental?

• 13-10-2013 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

Looking to purchase home in the Alderwood part of Hollystown with my young family... Can any recommend any local schools for that area? What are the amenities like? Also I heard that the noise of the aeroplanes flying overhead were rather noisy can anyone comment?? all comments welcome thanks:):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Hi,

Also I heard that the nose of the aeroplanes flying overhead were rather nosey can anyone cooment?)

I hate nosey planes - they should mind their own business!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wlaffey2005

ongarboy wrote: »
    I hate nosey planes - they should mind their own business!;)

Ha ha thanks ... Edited

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I live in Waterville which isn't that far away....don't hear a plane, train, nothing. Blends into background noise.

You can get used to anything. Next door's dog annoys me more than a plane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I live in Mulhuddart and the noise of the planes does bug me sometimes. A friend lives in Tyrellstown and they regret buying there because of the noise of the planes.

Closest schools would be Kilbride or Tyrellstown schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I live in Tyrrelstown and to be honest, I hardly notice the sound of the planes and as another poster said, the noise of the local yappy dog annoys me more! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

I live in tyrrelstown and when we first moved in the noise did bother us some . Hollystown would be closer to the flight path so it would be worth going up some day and checking it out . What i would say is that once your in and close the door you cant hear them ,

As for schools shops and other such amenities , tyrrelstown is your closest center for all that . Not much in kilbride only a school , i cycle throught there regularly ,

Schools are aplenty in tyrrelstown and surrounding areas tyrrelstown even has a new gailscoile (irish speaking school)

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭annR

I think the noise of the planes in Holystown is too loud. You should spend some time there to check it out yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

You don't hear planes all day every day, it's wind depending. And as been said, you don't even notice them after a short while. I go to a friends who lives near a busy road and all I can hear when I'm there is the constant hum of road noise in the distance, I'm sure he isn't aware of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

My kids go to Tyrrelstown Educate together. Excellent school.

Advertisement