Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Please review my site

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 rendy78f9b194

it's error? i get misage like this from your forum

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/home/content/53/11847953/tmp/sess_le1qal8cf8re1ksncsse1tj5t1, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/content/53/11847953/html/wp-content/themes/minigames/Classes/Class_ajax.php on line 3

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

oh no quoth the server 5 oh oh
    Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Apache Server at gamescrown.com Port 80

• Hi There,

Thanks for your message. At this moment just migrating to another server.

Should be back up in a day or so ;)

Hi There,

Thanks for your message. At this moment just migrating to another server.

Should be back up in a day or so ;)

oh it's ok,,,if you fix so in can see your web and you can get review from me :D maybe :P

• still testing guys please any suggestions are highly welcome ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭raher1

Looks crowded. Less can be more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭Archeron

Hi OP
    Looks nice, but a couple of comments if I may.

First glance when I clicked made me think this was just an ad page, as the first thing I seen was an ad. I would have a nice eye catching header or logo at the top of the page so people know at a glance what site they are on, especially when they first land there. First thing that I see is an ad for monitoring software which makes me think spam spam spam.

Under the section where it says "Simply choose from the following categories" there is nothing to choose from. Perhaps merge this with the sections titled Games crown and make your descriptions of each type of game a link to that section. The word game appears there an immense amount of times, but if they were links, it would seem a lot more appropriate.

And if I can say without sounding pedantic, check the grammar of the paragraphs in all of your sections. The wording just seems strange in some places, like it was translated from another language using an online translator. No offence meant in this comment, but perhaps ask some friends to proof it and point out things that they find strange. For example, I don't think biasness is really a word people use.

I would perhaps have favourites and top rated games nearer the top, as these are the ones that will more likely catch the attention of your visitors.

The ad above the info section (currently for Irish payroll) is in a very awkward place and breaks the fluidity of the page.

I like the idea of the site, and I hope my comments help.

Acheron opinion is very detailed and plausible,
    I just gave input to the addition of Shere bookmarking buttons. may be added to the forum? for communication between players (forum.gamescrown.com or gamescrown.com / forum)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭gnolan

I'm a bit late to this but what exactly is this all about? Is this not an almost carbon-copy of Miniclip? From CSS, to menu options, icons, genres and even the privacy policy!

If you're asking how good your ability at copy and pasting is then I'd give you an 8 out of 10.

Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

gnolan wrote: »
    I'm a bit late to this but what exactly is this all about? Is this not an almost carbon-copy of Miniclip? From CSS, to menu options, icons, genres and even the privacy policy!

If you're asking how good your ability at copy and pasting is then I'd give you an 8 out of 10.

Am I missing something?

Couldn't have said it better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement