Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Airsoft: Most fun gun?

• 21-09-2013 12:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hello,

Which in your opinion and idea is the most fun gun?. I am looking for something not too heavy and not to light, just something nice.

Something that makes you feel like your in combat, something that is fun. You know?,

Any ideas?, please give your opinion below, it will be greatly appreciated :-)

Waiting for your reply,
    Thank You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

ARWRanger wrote: »
    Hello,

Which in your opinion and idea is the most fun gun?. I am looking for something not too heavy and not to light, just something nice.

Something that makes you feel like your in combat, something that is fun. You know?,

Any ideas?, please give your opinion below, it will be greatly appreciated :-)

Waiting for your reply,
    Thank You.

KWA MAC 11 with the G&P steel kit..........Nuff said. Just my recommendation. Youtube it my good man and you will see.

But there are so many things to pick from but it all depends on what you are looking for, I.E pistol, assault rifles, DMR's, bolt action rifles, Gas blow back rifles, SMG's, LMG's, launchers. We can narrow it down then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭ARWRanger

KWA MAC 11 with the G&P steel kit..........Nuff said. Just my recommendation. Youtube it my good man and you will see.

But there are so many things to pick from but it all depends on what you are looking for, I.E pistol, assault rifles, DMR's, bolt action rifles, Gas blow back rifles, SMG's, LMG's, launchers. We can narrow it down then.
    Ok, great Thank You.

Any other suggestions?, more of a rifle type sort of gun, please?.

Thank You

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

ARWRanger wrote: »
    Ok, great Thank You.

Any other suggestions?, more of a rifle type sort of gun, please?.

Thank You

I recommend getting an AEG (Automatic Electric Gun) assault rifle. Something like an M4 or AK47 etc, along those lines. I reckon they are the best and most useful weapon to have in a skirmish as they have a great rate of fire.

A single shot bolt action sniper rifle is not going to have a chance against one of these because you will have to chamber a round after each shot whereas the AEG can just keep firing out bbs like mad until the mag gets emptied and then you can just insert a new one and drive on again.

Also, all guns are limited to 328FPS (feet per second) muzzle velocity and are tested before all games using a chronometer so a sniper rifle should not be able to shoot any further than a hand pistol or AEG and it is therefore not the advantage you may think to have one unless you plan on being a sniper. IMO, full on combat is more fun than that and you can still ambush the enemy with an AEG anyway :D.

I would also recommend getting a Lonex flash magazine or 2 for whatever (AEG) gun you get. I have 4 of them for my M4 and they are great. 360 rounds fill it up and you open the bottom of the mag and pull on the draw string a few times and it will empty the mag with no need for winding it like the regular hi-cap mags. I believe they can be got for the AK47 as well but not 100% certain.
    The only drawback is that they cost between €25 and €29 a pop but they make life so much easier and I have not heard of any issues with them yet unless someone else can chime in on that.

Also, a sidearm is a handy thing to have in a combat situation where you need to shoot around corners and withdraw quick and a big machine gun is a bit cumbersome for those occasions.

I would prefer (and have) a C02 powered sidearm myself for the outdoor games as the green gas may not shoot so well in colder temperatures outisde. I use my green gas We Hi Capa sidearm at the indoor games and the C02 Taurus PT99 outdoors.

My personal recommendation would be an M4 (cos I love mine) and whatever pistol sidearm you want to go with that as a backup. Batteries can die on the battlefield, it happened to me 2 weeks ago :eek:. I had a spare alright but I was in a serious gunfight at the time lol and would have been totally screwed without it.

Hope this helps :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

A big LMG :D can't be beat for sheer laughs (well you can... try wielding two off them :p).

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

im not sure if ive fired one before but i think i did- a kwc desert eagle, its full+semi auto which is always fun and the pure size of it, ive pretty big hands and the gun still made them look tiny, i guess you could can its just a blast (yes i am aware of how awful that pun is)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

Kwc pt99 for me..... Not a great one but on full auto it always puts a smile to.me face :)

$kilkenny wrote: »
    Kwc pt99 for me..... Not a great one but on full auto it always puts a smile to.me face :)

I actually have one of those. A Taurus PT99 by KWC?

It sounds very powerful despite chronoing out ok but the full auto will drain a c02 capsule in one mags worth of bbs alright and the c02 capsule will be frosty after it lol. Great gun though and it got me out of a tight spot once when my AEG battery died during a difficult defense so a sidearm always has its place when I play after that.

D_murph wrote: »
    I actually have one of those. A Taurus PT99 by KWC?

It sounds very powerful despite chronoing out ok but the full auto will drain a c02 capsule in one mags worth of bbs alright and the c02 capsule will be frosty after it lol. Great gun though and it got me out of a tight spot once when my AEG battery died during a difficult defense so a sidearm always has its place when I play after that.

Yep thats the one :D

I also have 2 WE Hi Capa 5.1 Dragons. One is the 7 inch and the other is a regular one that I bought off a fellow boardsie yesterday (airsoft adverts) and they are both lovely guns.

31 round green gas mags and a lovely feel to them. Also, they make a nice sound when you release the slide after a mag change and they shoot so straight, its unreal.

All of my arsenal has a place in my games, once I decide what pistol Im using as a backup anyway lol :D but while an AEG is vital, I still love having a quality sidearm, even if I dont use it in a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

I've a GBB mp5k with 5 mags and even though I've never skirmished it just plinking and messing around it's great crack and absolutely lethal to fire always makes me smile, that and my 203!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭I Armour I

Most fun, from the Tm's to the innokatsu, from jing gong to g&p the most fun in my opinion is the Tokyo Marui mp7 gbb. My lord. It's everything you need and more :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Most fun is the airsoft gun that is aesthetically appealing to you and does a reliable & reasonable job of getting BBs to where you want them.

So the answer to "what am best gun?" is "whatever you fancy".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Pretty sure the answer to "what am best gun" is still that VFC BAR.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

This is a question which only you can answer in fairness, it's whatever your into!

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

Dan Wesson with a 6 inch barrel, you've more chance of hitting someone if you chuck it at them, but it's a ballbag of fun to shoot

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Miss_Kitami

The one you build yourself, pouring hours of research, and effort in to it, tinkering with it, getting it just so. And then it just works.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭darren ff

KSC auto-9 ,say no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

For pure GRIN factor, I love the kick from my Inokatsu 1911.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Nuke1973

se conman wrote: »

Show off ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

+1 on that, great pistol to shoot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

thermo wrote: »

Show off's ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

All airsoft guns are fun to shoot but some are more accurate/reliable than others. I've quite a few pistols and aegs at this stage and they all have their place, ie
    TM P90, great for close quarters and for going round a corner quickly without having a long barrel sticking out announcing your intentions, but not so great at long distance engagements

STG44 for my Wehrmacht load out. Full steel and looks and fires great but bloody heavy to lug around all day

Marui M14. Probably as close to the real thing as you can get. Great range and accuracy but also very heavy for a full days skirmishing.

I've also got my M4 and Raider for my usual skirmishing. Both great guns and reliable, but common as muck!

However the one gun I always have with me when skirmishing, the one that gives me the "smile" factor, and the one I love plinking with in my garden is the first gun I ever bought, my first love so to speak, which is my Marui Sig Sauer P226E2. Great pistol, utterly reliable, and accurate as hell. As I've stated before, I've won "duels" against guys toting AK's who were spraying bbs all over the joint when my pistol put one bb smack in their chest as it's got great range, as good as any aeg.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭I Armour I

thermo wrote: »

+2 on that, put 8 in the mag just because.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

I Armour I wrote: »
    +2 on that, put 8 in the mag just because.
    show off's +1 ;)

Oh my god.......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭softairu

The most fun is MP40 :)

Advertisement