Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of playing again, few questions.

• 01-10-2013 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, so I quit airsoft like 10 months ago because I had no car back then and it was pain the the ass to get to sites.
    Now I have no problems, so I have few questions:

1) Is it still 328 fps / 1J Max by law?
    2) What sites are still active? and prices for games if possible.
    3) What gun can you suggest? I played before with:
    HK416 (full metal, it was pretty heavy)
    M4, mp5k, I want to exclude those, I want to get something completely different.
    So:
    -Must be reliable.
    -Possibly full metal.
    -No AK47's, M4's, 416's and other standard AEG's.
    -Must be rifle (not smg)
    I was considering AUG or SCAR or FAMAS (not sure how common are they, I haven't seen one in Ireland)
    -Budget only 300 EUR (which I guess automatically discards SCAR)

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

ya 1joule or 328 fps with a .2g bb is still the max
    tigerland in sligo is open once a week for 15e half day or 25e for the full with your own gear
    in terms of guns, im not sure as i dont have much experience with many aegs but i think the ca augs are meant to be okay
    hope it helps a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Forgot to mention: I live in Dublin, so far outside isn't quite an option :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Redbarn and fingal are still going strong, walk on with own kit fee's are approx €25 (ish).
    As for a rifle, the jg aug's are decent for the money body wise not as nice as the CA but good internals. I have a ZL SA 58 (same as a FAL) these are bulletproof maybe change the motor as the stock ones are a little slow. The dboys scars afaik come in under budget and the newer ones have good gearboxs but again the motors are a little slow for my liking and the hop up rubbers are a little hard for the 1J limit.

thermo wrote: »
    Redbarn and fingal are still going strong, walk on with own kit fee's are approx €25 (ish).
    As for a rifle, the jg aug's are decent for the money body wise not as nice as the CA but good internals. I have a ZL SA 58 (same as a FAL) these are bulletproof maybe change the motor as the stock ones are a little slow. The dboys scars afaik come in under budget and the newer ones have good gearboxs but again the motors are a little slow for my liking and the hop up rubbers are a little hard for the 1J limit.

Thanks, any indoor sites still open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Theres is a new indoor site in tallaght (Cookstown Ind Est) called the hive and i believe the other one near it is opening again soon so i heard the other day. As for the gun you will get some nice deals here on scars,augs,famas. unless u would prefer a new one that is.

• Advertisement

brenak47 wrote: »
    Theres is a new indoor site in tallaght (Cookstown Ind Est) called the hive and i believe the other one near it is opening again soon so i heard the other day. As for the gun you will get some nice deals here on scars,augs,famas. unless u would prefer a new one that is.

Who's running that "hive" place?
    Also:
    I saw this FAMAS
    I really like the look of famas, I wonder does fully metal version exist?

I didn't quite have a look into Adverts here on forums yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

They use to run vacant in naas thats all i know i,ve never been up there yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

I'm mad into my g3's and fal's man. They are different to the usual m4 jobbies going around.
    I love how the psg stuff fits the g3 too as they are the same chassis.
    If you want something different you can't go wrong with a g3 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

arleitiss wrote: »
    Who's running that "hive" place?
    Also:
    I saw this FAMAS
    I really like the look of famas, I wonder does fully metal version exist?

I didn't quite have a look into Adverts here on forums yet.

That's a JLS FAMAS, honestly wouldn't bother. And when you say full metal you're asking for a FAMAS with a metal body? in which case no they don't exist.
    You're probably better off saving a bit more and getting a G&G SCAR if you're leaning towards that, it'll be worth it, or a TM AUG but TM, ya know can get pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

There is one thing that you should know about and it is this.

There is a new type of hi capa magazine out there now and they are called Lonex flash mags. I dont sell them lol but I highly recommend them. No more constant winding hi capa mags, with these you just fill them up with bbs like a normal hi capa mag.

These mags have a "trapdoor" at the bottom of the mag that you open and inside is a little drawstring with a plastic grab thingy and you pull on that for 5 or 6 goes or until it sounds scratchy. Then you know the mag is fully wound and it will empty the full mag (or close) without any winding the mags as is usual craic.

From what I have seen, these mags are only available for the AK and M4 series guns so take this into account when you choose a new gun if you return to this game because these mags are excellent in my opinion.

I originally bought one of them and used it at an indoor CQB. I loved it. No more winding while the enemy lads just passed by etc. When I emptied it, I had to go back to my original (with the gun) hi capa winder and I was even wondering why the feckin thing was "emptying so fast", lol.

Of course, it wasnt empty but I had forgotten to wind it after getting used to the Lonex mag. Suffice to say, I went back to the shop the next day and bought a few more of them. €29 a pop is a bit of money alright but these things are worth it when you need to do some serious shooting without interruption.

Make sure whatever gun you buy is compatible with these mags anyway mate cos they do work well.

My top tip for the day :).

• Advertisement

D_murph wrote: »
    There is one thing that you should know about and it is this.

There is a new type of hi capa magazine out there now and they are called Lonex flash mags. I dont sell them lol but I highly recommend them. No more constant winding hi capa mags, with these you just fill them up with bbs like a normal hi capa mag.

These mags have a "trapdoor" at the bottom of the mag that you open and inside is a little drawstring with a plastic grab thingy and you pull on that for 5 or 6 goes or until it sounds scratchy. Then you know the mag is fully wound and it will empty the full mag (or close) without any winding the mags as is usual craic.

From what I have seen, these mags are only available for the AK and M4 series guns so take this into account when you choose a new gun if you return to this game because these mags are excellent in my opinion.

I originally bought one of them and used it at an indoor CQB. I loved it. No more winding while the enemy lads just passed by etc. When I emptied it, I had to go back to my original (with the gun) hi capa winder and I was even wondering why the feckin thing was "emptying so fast", lol.

Of course, it wasnt empty but I had forgotten to wind it after getting used to the Lonex mag. Suffice to say, I went back to the shop the next day and bought a few more of them. €29 a pop is a bit of money alright but these things are worth it when you need to do some serious shooting without interruption.

Make sure whatever gun you buy is compatible with these mags anyway mate cos they do work well.

My top tip for the day :).

I heard of them before, not big fan of these or even winding mags.
    I prefer to have multiple mid-cap which are just spring, so you don't need to wind them or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

arleitiss wrote: »
    I heard of them before, not big fan of these or even winding mags.
    I prefer to have multiple mid-cap which are just spring, so you don't need to wind them or anything.

Fair enough. In that case, any gun will do you so man :).

Advertisement