Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Forklift Licensing Regulations

Options
  • 25-09-2013 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Whilst doing my forklift test in 2011, I heard some interesting (but weird) things about the HSA' s requirements on forklift licensing in Ireland

1. All forklift drivers need to have the proper license for the machine they are driving.

2. It is "recommended " that you renew your license every 3 years. So technically Your license NEVER expires.

3. And wait for it............ The HSA doesn't officially recognise any training organisation or body that issues the licenses.

It's a bit rich having to pay for these courses whether its the individual or the company, when the HSA doesn't officially recognise any of the courses.

I went to England a few years ago for a forklift competition run by the RTITB, and needless to say they found it laughable when we told them this. The rules and regulations are 10 times mor strict and clear over there

Can anybody tell me if any of the above is still the case. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dh0011

I have a cert accredited from the RTITB, which I did in 2006. We wouldnt have been insured if we didnt have it.

The test at the end of the course was very comprehensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Barcafan11

dh0011 wrote: »
    I have a cert accredited from the RTITB, which I did in 2006. We wouldnt have been insured if we didnt have it.

The test at the end of the course was very comprehensive.

I understand the tests are comprehensive but I just find it strange how unclear and vague the actual laws are

• Registered Users Posts: 29 bruce thomas

Hi can anyone tell how long is a forklift refresher course and what’s involved

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Barcafan11 wrote: »
    It is "recommended " that you renew your license every 3 years. So technically Your license NEVER expires.

is that still the case does anyone know?

fryup wrote: »
    is that still the case does anyone know?

Like a truck drive has to do a Cpc course once a year to keep his license active

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

ya but forklift driving isn't as strictly regulated as truck driving, do employers insist on an up to date forklift licence?

fryup wrote: »
    ya but forklift driving isn't as strictly regulated as truck driving, do employers insist on an up to date forklift licence?

Most employers do now days

Advertisement