Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awful Songs From the Past-80s,90s etc....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

darkdubh wrote: »
    Strange.Is it happening with anyone else?

Even more strange is that I was able to view the Japanese Boy video above and other videos before that.But I couldn't view the Life Is Life or the Self Aid videos and others could,so tis hard to know where the problem lies

fryup wrote: »
    Mr T said treat your mother right

Always thought Mr.T was a pain in the arse,but this just makes him look even more ridiculous....music to my ears!!

Remember this one from the Power Rangers movie:

"Uh-oh,we're in trouble,something's come along and it's burst our bubble yeah yeah
    Uh-oh,we're in trouble,gotta get home quick march on the double...
    We were out all night and haven't yet been home,we're walking through the backstreets all alone,
    The party was great yeah we were really thrilled,but when we get home we're gonna get gonna get gonna get killed!!"

Bunch of naughty girls trying their hands at songwriting and coming up with something worse than a fork being dragged accross a plate x-(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Anyone remember this druggie take on the Sesame St theme?And if anyone else casn't view this can they say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

I have the Smart Es track on 7". It's deadly.

• Advertisement

Anyone remember this druggie take on the Sesame St theme?And if anyone else casn't view this can they say?

Still no joy I'm afraid-the link is highlìghted when I get the new post notification by email but it just says "invalid request",and when the link is on the actual forum it is not highlighted.I havent a clue why this is happening-I was able to look at earlier videos you posted and I can view others clips as well.

Anyway,I'll guess that the song is a dance/techno/rave song(or whatever they call that rubbish) called "Sesame's Treats"???

Heard this one blaring from a car radio today and couldn't help but smile:

"It's no good,can't you see,brother Louie Louie Louie....
    Brother Louie Louie Louie,ohhhh she's walkin over to me...."

Pity the car wasn't from back in that day as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,372 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

That doesn't work for me, all the others did.

29 million views, the hair on him is shocking.

rubadub wrote: »

Jeez....I had absolutely no idea that twas a man singing the whole of that song-I genuinely honestly thought that twas a woman singing the verses and a man just joined in for the chorus.Obviously I shouldve listened to the lyrics properly when they were playin it on the radio all those years ago :-) :-) yep,tis me first time seein the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

The neighbours are probably wondering now why I'm playing bad 80s music and laughing my head off while singing along. I'd never seen the video either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Thomas Anders? Did you see his ginormous 'NORA' necklace? :D

"Come on rock me Amadeus,Amadeus Amadeus....Amadeus Amadeus Amadeus,oh oh oh Amadeus"

Does anybody remember a song by Aussie actor Craig McLachlan,who played Grant in Home and Away back then,the song was "I Almost Cried all Night"?

And who was the sleazy little slag who sang "I Touch Myself"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Seasan wrote: »
    "Come on rock me Amadeus,Amadeus Amadeus....Amadeus Amadeus Amadeus,oh oh oh Amadeus"

Does anybody remember a song by Aussie actor Craig McLachlan,who played Grant in Home and Away back then,the song was "I Almost Cried all Night"?

And who was the sleazy little slag who sang "I Touch Myself"?

They were a band called the divynels, the lead singer passed away a few years ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Jayz,fake tans not just a new development for the fellas then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

"

He had one called Mona as well, it was a big hit around 1991 I think.

I used to fancy him!!!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭jdee99

Laurie Anderson - Oh Superman so bad it made number1 in the UK if i remember rightly

Aglomerado wrote: »
    He had one called Mona as well, it was a big hit around 1991 I think.

I used to fancy him!!!!:o

Oh dear!! Now I remember all the girls in my class singing that song-I never knew twas him!

Oh dear!! Now I remember all the girls in my class singing that song-I never knew twas him!

It wasn't really, it's an old Bo Diddley song from the late 50's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

I remember my brother had the 12" inch vinyl of this, 'Hurdy Gurdy Mushroom Man' was the B-side!! God bless the 80's!!

This one was posted recently on another thread,but I think it also deserves to be on this one as well.
    (I hope I have done this properly)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcDy8HEg1QY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭sundodger5

I can't believe that 8 pages of this thread and no one mentions "the oldest swinger in town"
    The line "here you come and there you go with your white wheels, spots and your stereo" always stick in my head.

Not necessarily awful,but annoying-this one by Susanne Vega:

"I am sitting at the counter,I am waiting for my coffee,
    But he pours it only half-full
    And he doesn't even see me
    Cause he's looking at the window
    Looking out at someone else.
    Du du du du du dudu du du du du du du dudu du,
    Du du du du du dudu du du du du du du dudu du......"

^^^ remembers a whole verse, buy can't remember it's called Tom's Diner....bet you loved it! :P

The remix with DNA is very good.

^^^ remembers a whole verse, buy can't remember it's called Tom's Diner....bet you loved it! :P

Even at that I bet I got most of the lyrics wrong......:-$
    That was played a lot during the 90s and initially I thought it was from the 80s.I remember once hearing a sped-up version of that somewhere and I thought twas hilarious-it sounded like she was in a mad hurry!! I'd love to hear that version again

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    The remix with DNA is very good.

I wonder could that be the fast version I've just mentioned...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

You want awful? Remember these monsters?

They did a Christmas Album too! I'd say my sister has it on tape somewhere :D

I wonder could that be the fast version I've just mentioned...?

It first appeared on her Solitude Standing LP in 1987. First track - accapella. An instrumental version closes the album.

The DNA remix came out during January 1990. It was compiled on Now 18.

Suzanne Vega at The National Stadium, December 1986 was my fourth concert.

You want awful? Remember these monsters?

They did a Christmas Album too! I'd say my sister has it on tape somewhere :D

Stop pickin on them!! LOL :-)
    Cheesey and more...

• Advertisement

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    It first appeared on her Solitude Standing LP in 1987. First track - accapella. An instrumental version closes the album.

The DNA remix came out during January 1990. It was compiled on Now 18.

Suzanne Vega at The National Stadium, December 1986 was my fourth concert.

Never my kind of music-but she was one of my favourite female voices,and a good musician too.
    Whatever happened to her?

Advertisement