Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE/TG4 Airsoft Commercial

• 21-09-2013 8:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭

Note:
    This may sound crazy so please try to stay with me.

What if we all donated together enough money to put up an Airsoft commercial on TG4 or RTE, it would be much cheaper on TG4 so that may be a good choice.

What we would need?:
    - A "clan/group", if you would like to participate in this or not.
    - Money!!!! (Donations)
    - Footage,Editors,etc. Example: Go Pro's, cameras,etc.

What's the point and message?:
    - To get more people involved in Airsoft, there are many people out there that have no idea what Airsoft is or need a sign to try it out!

Clearly, this is just a starter post and much more discussion would indeed be needed, so please give your ideas below.

Waiting for your reply,

Thank You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

...and what would this commercial be for?

I don't mean to be pessimistic, but commercials are typically for commercial gain, so wouldn't it be better leaving that to the people involved in the commercial sector? The Airsoft Reloaded lads had ads on Setanta Sports before, and I think that worked for them - MIA have had ads on Radio Nova (at least I think it was Nova...could have been Phantom).

Which aspect of airsoft are you advertising? Skirmishing, collecting, plinking, tech-ing etc? How long is your advert? Who benefits from it? Who is your target audience? Which network reaches that target audience? What time slot is most beneficial?

Personally I cannot see any benefit to an infomercial about airsoft, as adverts typically advertise, so without something to provide instant gratification i.e. some concrete information to go from immediately, the whole thing becomes an exercise in spending money. Although if you want to bank roll it, work right ahead :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭ARWRanger

Inari wrote: »
    ...and what would this commercial be for?

I don't mean to be pessimistic, but commercials are typically for commercial gain, so wouldn't it be better leaving that to the people involved in the commercial sector? The Airsoft Reloaded lads had ads on Setanta Sports before, and I think that worked for them - MIA have had ads on Radio Nova (at least I think it was Nova...could have been Phantom).

Which aspect of airsoft are you advertising? Skirmishing, collecting, plinking, tech-ing etc? How long is your advert? Who benefits from it? Who is your target audience? Which network reaches that target audience? What time slot is most beneficial?

Personally I cannot see any benefit to an infomercial about airsoft, as adverts typically advertise, so without something to provide instant gratification i.e. some concrete information to go from immediately, the whole thing becomes an exercise in spending money. Although if you want to bank roll it, work right ahead :D

And this is in my opinion important to understand another persons point of view, Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

And I think inari expressed his point of view too, maybe you should understand that also.
    He asked many valid questions, that unless answered you won't get much feedback here.
    I personally would love to see it advertised but it is your idea to put forward, you need to look into it and answer these questions for us before we could all agree

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭traume

http://www.irishairsoftsites.com/ should be advertised. On top of that they could make some kind of Calendar which each site can update and small info about site. IMO sites and retailers should come together and make advert for airsoft as sport. That doesn't really mean to advertise something specific, just to say - adrenaline, team work and main part of modern culture - FITNESS/FAT LOSS :D

4 months ago I did not know anything about airsoft. I was looking for pistol to have some fun in backyard, went into Hobbiesairsoft in Rathcoole and my eyes nearly popped out - wtf is that? This is whole new community for me.
    Now 4 months later i have basic gear and can't wait for next Sunday...

I have organized 2 groups of people who never even heard of airsoft and were very skeptical about it, but now asking for next group booking.
    I believe, that there is big bunch of people who have never heard of airsoft and probably will never hear about it if not advertised.

What it gives for average/newbie player like me? Bigger choice, better price. Law of supply and demand! :) Retailers can import in higher amounts, so they can sell at more competitive prices and we wont order from overseas and will support Irish business. Okey, I become ridiculous, but you got the point :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I just strolled by the forum from reading the Soccer one, and saw a number of threads started by "ARWRanger".

"Garda vs Scum"

Epic....lols....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

TheDoc wrote: »
    I just strolled by the forum from reading the Soccer one, and saw a number of threads started by "ARWRanger".

"Garda vs Scum"

Epic....lols....

Let's just say he ate too much 'M&S Chip Sticks' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭The_Outlaw

Why is he starting a bunch of useless posts that clearly make little or no sense?????

I think he was eating Tesco home brand mayonnaise that went off about 10 years ago...... the guy is nuttier then a squirrel dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Thread closed as it has run its course and the OP is no longer with us

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement