Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Freshers 2013

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Couldnt register today, I handed in my FRS2 form a month ago into trinity. Trinity told me they have my form but are still waiting to hear back from my previous college. Surely thats what the FRS2 form was for, once its filled out should that not be sufficient?

Anyone have experience or issues about this form, and anyone know what other days I can register now?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

i had the same problem last year, they just take a lot of time to sort it out, if you go into the office beside starbucks there's a chance they'll take yours out of the pile and do it for you then, that's what i did.

even if you don't get registered straight away it's not too big a deal, you just won't have your student card for a while

is it certain days they hold registration if you missed your original day

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Horsovsky

Pixie84 wrote: »
    lol I know it sounds stingy but it adds up. Will likely just leave it at that but at same time don't wanna be on any mailing lists or anything so is it best to contact them or are they fairly quiet anyway?

Don't cancel membership of any societies, there is no chance of a refund and there is a possibility of some society event during the year you might be interested in. I'd imagine you can unsubscribe to the emails, but they aren't overly onerous tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

fiinch wrote: »
    i had the same problem last year, they just take a lot of time to sort it out, if you go into the office beside starbucks there's a chance they'll take yours out of the pile and do it for you then, that's what i did.

even if you don't get registered straight away it's not too big a deal, you just won't have your student card for a while

Don't think you get to use a tcd email or the blackboard yoke either. I can't register because of the whole student contribution fee and SUSI thing so I'm a bit buggered.

• Advertisement

Yeah i was told I wont have access to email,library etc! Ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sganyfx

Ugh I have no idea what is going to happen now that I have accepted a CAO offer for another course (still at TCD)

might sound like a silly question, but does anyone know how to access podcasts, I have one this week,just wondering how to access it. Do you have to be registered to access it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Prodgey

Anyone having trouble accessing their TCD email? Neither password works; the one I was given, nor the one I changed it too.

• Prodgey wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble accessing their TCD email? Neither password works; the one I was given, nor the one I changed it too.

Apparently if the password is too long for their system you can't use it. It will still let you change it to that password but it will not be valid to log in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭RabbitHearted

ok, so this is kinda an unrelated topic but i'll stick it in here instead of starting a new thread. where does one go to get an 'official college stamp' for a drugs payment scheme form? i know last year i got it stamped in the secretary's office in school so would it be the secretary's office in trinity? if so, where is it? :p or do i just go to academic registry or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Prodgey

Apparently if the password is too long for their system you can't use it. It will still let you change it to that password but it will not be valid to log in

That must be my problem, I'll head to the IT support thing now. Thanks!
    ok, so this is kinda an unrelated topic but i'll stick it in here instead of starting a new thread. where does one go to get an 'official college stamp' for a drugs payment scheme form? i know last year i got it stamped in the secretary's office in school so would it be the secretary's office in trinity? if so, where is it? :p or do i just go to academic registry or something?

I'd assume it's academic registry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

Yeah I'd say it's the academic registry, you used to have to go to the student records office which is now part of the academic registry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tcder

Hey, does anyone know if the swimming pool is free if you're a student. And the open hours? I have a lot of spare time with my timetable!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Has Academic Registry died down a bit? Need to call in to them and have a chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Tragedy wrote: »
    Has Academic Registry died down a bit? Need to call in to them and have a chat.
    Yep. Hardly anyone in there now! :)

i just registered online there and got the form printed so i can pick up my ID card in the morning. Anyone know how i can access blackboards now? Or do i have to get my ID card first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Yep. Hardly anyone in there now! :)

Awesome, cheers!
    Not being on blackboard is already a huge drag, and tutorials start next week (WHICH I CAN'T SIGN UP FOR!)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Tragedy wrote: »
    Awesome, cheers!
    Not being on blackboard is already a huge drag, and tutorials start next week (WHICH I CAN'T SIGN UP FOR!)

Feel the exact same! They told me on Tuesday they'd have to reset my portal but its Friday and they haven't done a thing.. Not great to be fair.

• Advertisement
Advertisement