Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

advice for letter i received

Options
  • 20-09-2013 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

hi guys i just received a letter from some spanish lottery that i can enter in draw obviously its a scam just want to get my card number wondering anybody had experience like that where did they get my house address we went to spain holiday this year hotel booking time i enter the house address we went by ryanair i have no idea where did they get my house address they might my card number aswell what should i do now?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭carol clery

hi guys i just received a letter from some spanish lottery that i can enter in draw obviously its a scam just want to get my card number wondering anybody had experience like that where did they get my house address we went to spain holiday this year hotel booking time i enter the house address we went by ryanair i have no idea where did they get my house address they might my card number aswell what should i do now?

Throw it in the bin and forget about it

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭sajid.ahmed

so no worries they don't do anything still its clicking my mind where did they get my address

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

so no worries they don't do anything still its clicking my mind where did they get my address

Could be anything as simple as phone book. I've had one as well. As Carol says "Bin it and forget about it".

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭sajid.ahmed

Collie D wrote: »
    Could be anything as simple as phone book. I've had one as well. As Carol says "Bin it and forget about it".

thanks but i did not put my address in phone book anyway there should be way to find out hoe did they get my details whats else they knows

• Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭brian_t

Doing this kind of thing might be what caused your problem in the first place.

If you are disposing of any document containing any personal information, it should be properly shredded.

• Advertisement
Advertisement