Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Games with Gold

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Swarley9

Allyall wrote: »
    FIFA 2002 next month....... :pac:

Nah, that's way too recent :rolleyes: More like 1999...

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Iano_128

Swarley9 wrote: »
    I guess so.. :p Ah yes indeed! I still find it funny as the only game that has me switching over at the moment is BF4... Maybe DR3.

Can I ask why you're switching?? I had a PS3, sold that and got an Xbox because all my mates were on that so I changed for playing online. Looking at the specs now though, think I'm gonna change back this time around. Price is better, hardware specs are better, and the console specific games aren't that different..

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Swarley9

Iano_128 wrote: »
    Can I ask why you're switching?? I had a PS3, sold that and got an Xbox because all my mates were on that so I changed for playing online. Looking at the specs now though, think I'm gonna change back this time around. Price is better, hardware specs are better, and the console specific games aren't that different..

Sorry, what do you mean? I'm staying with the Xbox brand simply because it's that platform that where my gaming for both online and just in general begun. I plan on purchasing the PS4 someday but only for it's exclusives (Naughty Dog) And even though a lot of people bash on it, the most anticipated game for me on the Xbox ONE currently is Halo 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Swarley9 wrote: »
    Nah, that's way too recent :rolleyes: More like 1999...

I would actually love Road to World Cup '98 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

maximoose wrote: »
    I would actually love Road to World Cup '98 :)

isnt that the one with the indoor football pitch :D id love that :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Rainbow Six Vegas is up.

See here

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Oh please God! There will be one game worth downloading soon. Even the original GTA would be better than some of the drivel on offer:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

ShaunC wrote: »
    Oh please God! There will be one game worth downloading soon. Even the original GTA would be better than some of the drivel on offer:(

You missed that extravaganza?
    I had to make all sorts of accounts, but it was worth it.

Apparently more stuff available elsewhere, but i don't know the rules on mentioning it here, hence the last one wasn't. But someone posted it on BA, so.... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Euh oh

Expecting the backlash over no Halo 3 in......three......two......one......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Euh oh

Expecting the backlash over no Halo 3 in......three......two......one......

Not like Halo 3 is a good game to get for free anyways, its ancient and I'd say most people have it.

I'll take this obscure title, what ever the hell it is, over Halo any day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

The thought of someone that has a 360 and doesn't have Halo 3 at this stage makes me laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Iano_128

The thought of someone that has a 360 and doesn't have Halo 3 at this stage makes me laugh

I have a 360 and don't own Halo 1,2,3 or any of the others that came after it because I've absolutely no interest whatsoever in the game. Can guarantee I'm far from the only person like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

I have a 360 and don't own Halo 1,2,3 or any of the others that came after it because I've absolutely no interest whatsoever in the game. Can guarantee I'm far from the only person like that.

Oh yeah but i mean anyone that would play Halo, already has Halo 3 for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Oh yeah but i mean anyone that would play Halo, already has Halo 3 for sure

That's a bit of silly thing to say. People might try stuff and like it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Traded it in years ago, still looking forward to playing it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur.

Yup. I've never played any Halo or Gears of War.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

That's a bit of silly thing to say. People might try stuff and like it.

I see his point. It's a 6 year old highly acclaimed game that for the last few years could be picked up for next to nothing second hand. Yeah there will be some people giving it a go for the first time now that it's free, but majority of people who would be interested in it are more than likely to have played it already.

(I still have it and love it, looking forward to the multiplayer being busy again :))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

not bothered with Halo 3 to be honest. I've bought it twice over the years and both times it was a fiver or under. It's a good game but I'm not sure I'll bother downloading it again. I'm pretty disappointed with the lacklustre titles they're releasing. Not really a patch on the PS3 offerings.

djkeogh wrote: »
    not bothered with Halo 3 to be honest. I've bought it twice over the years and both times it was a fiver or under. It's a good game but I'm not sure I'll bother downloading it again. I'm pretty disappointed with the lacklustre titles they're releasing. Not really a patch on the PS3 offerings.

bu bu bu buuuuuut you get too keeep themmmmmmm:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

I'm delighted with this one. Its a very good game. Played it on the DS when it came out originally. Well worth the download

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ascend: Hand Of Kul is out tomorrow and it's free for gold subs, played the beta and it's well worth a look. It's not part of the GWG thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

calex71 wrote: »
    Ascend: Hand Of Kul is out tomorrow and it's free for gold subs, played the beta and it's well worth a look. It's not part of the GWG thing.

Isn't it freemium though?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes appears to be the next Games with Gold title for 1. October
    Source: Joystiq

I'll give it a shot, but not inspired by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Originally Posted by Iano_128 View Post

Yup. I've never played any Halo or Gears of War.

I must be the complete opposite to you guys, 4 gears , 6 Halo and 8 COD games :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,320 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

A word of warning - you have to buy all the Halo 3 multi-player DLC to play anything other than the most standard of game-modes. "Social Slayer" "Multiteam" "Loan Wolves" "Team Slayer" is all you get unless you fork out for every piece of DLC.

A word of warning - you have to buy all the Halo 3 multi-player DLC to play anything other than the most standard of game-modes. "Social Slayer" "Multiteam" "Loan Wolves" "Team Slayer" is all you get unless you fork out for every piece of DLC.

doesnt bother me
    the games old, anyone who had the game before and wants to actually play with people will kind of be forced to play the basic modes , so full lobbys for a while sounds good
    can't really say if anyone would give out money for a game this old specialy the dlc haha
    I am looking forward to the campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭beardo81

Anyone played Might and Magic, worth a download?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

beardo81 wrote: »

Played it for a short time before, not bad. I never gave it a good go, but it got good reviews.

Its free, sure give it a shot! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

beardo81 wrote: »

It godamm addictive is what it is! :) "Just one more go... What day is it?..." :P

Reminds me of the type of pattern-matching / puzzle / combat games on the DS years ago (this series started on the DS).

Reviews are quite good too!

Advertisement