Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Pinterest boards!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

May we chat about each others pinterest boards on this thread too? Cos your homemade pressies are to die for! :D

...I am sooo gonna start a christmas pinterest now :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I don't really understand the concept of pinterest. :o I'll have to check it out.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    I don't really understand the concept of pinterest. :o I'll have to check it out.

People upload pictures, links, receipes and you can search by catergory so Christmas for example and any ones that interest you, you can Pin them to your board so you can select the best from other peoples and make your own board.

It's very useful for homemade decorations ideas, layouts and food. Get on it Posy, it's very addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

TommieBoy wrote: »
    May we chat about each others pinterest boards on this thread too? Cos your homemade pressies are to die for! :D

...I am sooo gonna start a christmas pinterest now :)

Hahah, thanks! I like to make a lot of my pressies, and I made a bunch of stuff on that board last year for food gift baskets I made. The white chocolate oreo bark is AMAZING. So so easy and it tastes incredible. The White choc raspberry thing really didn't work, the syrup ended up runny, maybe I did something wrong.

Put up your Christmas board link when you start it!!!

Posy it's great. Like an old fashioned picture scrapbook. You can just use it for pictures for inspiration or you can use it to keep your links to recipes etc organised. I use it a lot for different things- it's been a godsend for planning our wedding, both myself and my gf are on it so it's been cool to keep track of what we like and don't like out of each others tastes... fortunately we seem to overlap more than we differ! ;)

I'm not sure if it's still invite only, if it is drop me a PM with your email address and I'll send an invite. That goes for anyone BTW.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It's no longer invite only and there's an app freely available for it on the App store on iTunes.

• Advertisement

Actually the app is nearly better for re-pinning stuff, it's much less hassle than the PC site. At least I find it better.

Actually the app is nearly better for re-pinning stuff, it's much less hassle than the PC site. At least I find it better.

Same I love the app, so easy to navigate and use.

I use it like a vision board for anything you love or want to do. I am very visual and interested in way too many things, pinterest helps me focus and offers inspiration. :)
    Hahah, thanks! I like to make a lot of my pressies, and I made a bunch of stuff on that board last year for food gift baskets I made. The white chocolate oreo bark is AMAZING. So so easy and it tastes incredible. The White choc raspberry thing really didn't work, the syrup ended up runny, maybe I did something wrong.
    White chocolate OREO bark?!? :eek: Think I just died and went to heaven. I am so gonna try that when I get the chance. :D Thanks for the tips.
    Loughc wrote:
    People upload pictures, links, receipes and you can search by catergory so Christmas for example and any ones that interest you, you can Pin them to your board so you can select the best from other peoples and make your own board.

:o Forgive me in advance, but my board might have a ;) teensy bit of re-pinning from Baby and Crumbles :cool:

I use it like a vision board for anything you love or want to do. I am very visual and interested in way too many things, pinterest helps me focus and offers inspiration. :)

White chocolate OREO bark?!? :eek: Think I just died and went to heaven. I am so gonna try that when I get the chance. :D Thanks for the tips.

:o Forgive me in advance, but my board might have a ;) teensy bit of re-pinning from Baby and Crumbles :cool:

You won't regret the oreo bark. Not much of it made it into my gift baskets last year, shamefully... :o I will say, if you're making it, the lidl 'oreos' and cheap white choc does the trick brilliantly. You can make piles of it for cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I only joined Pinterest two weeks ago so mine is quite small but I really like it! I'm going to steal from B&C :D

Here's mine;
    http://pinterest.com/adonnelly0272/christmas-inspiration/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Followed you both Alicat and Baby and Crumble :-)

I know I don't have much up yet but I think you're my Pinterest Sister, Leahyl :pac:

Alicat wrote: »
    I know I don't have much up yet but I think you're my Pinterest Sister, Leahyl :pac:

Totally!

leahyl wrote: »
    Followed you both Alicat and Baby and Crumble :-)

Me too :)

We can follow other boards? :) Awesome! Will have to check that out... In the meantime, I made a christmassy (mix of stuff) pinterest, but it said it's a private board and no matter how much I click the 'go public' button, t'won't let me publicise it :mad: ...guess I will have to start over.

We can follow other boards? :) Awesome! Will have to check that out... In the meantime, I made a christmassy (mix of stuff) pinterest, but it said it's a private board and no matter how much I click the 'go public' button, t'won't let me publicise it :mad: ...guess I will have to start over.

That's weird. I thought you could make a private board public.

That's weird. I thought you could make a private board public.

Their help center says it's a malfunction they are working toward fixing.

oh yay - they fixed it and I'm following baby and crumble and ali too - awesome stuff you both have!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭cailinardthair

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭AshAdele

I love your board!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭cailinardthair

AshAdele wrote: »
    I love your board!

Thank you. I love Christmas so....so I have loved pinning christmas things

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

I love your board too. Hope you dont mind me following you. I just found Pinterest recently so I am only starting out. Very addictive!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

great pinterest boards - I'm stalkingfollowing ye all

I've finished all the mad stuff at college this week so will be able to look at all things christmassy now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

I'm on Pinterest too!

Just started yesterday so check out if you want:

http://www.pinterest.com/cathalbrennan/boards/

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AnotherGem

Here's mine: http://www.pinterest.com/gemmapower/homemade-christmas/

It's mainly for DIY gift wrapping and decor ideas

Bumping this in case we've any newbies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Followed ye all!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm gonna start following ye too!

I'm hoping to host a small christmas party and pinterest is great for ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭xxXCuteypieXxx

Im a newbie and heres my christmas board on pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/pinkribbonz/christmas/ Cant wait to check out everyone else's boards on here! :D

• Advertisement

Advertisement