Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Enhancing early morning Prices

Options
  • 28-08-2013 1:54pm
    Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

I'm not a fan of bookies enhancing their own EP for a limited time.
    If they want to enhance the horse, why not just push out the price?
    Boyles & Ladbrokes do them, Paddy Powers don't.
    What do people think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Unless they're going "Best Price", I'm always a bit skeptical about them enhancing their own prices.

I was in Ladbrokes last Friday at around 1pm, and they they were enhancing Pyschometry for the 2.10 Newmarket, 11/10 - 5/4 I think for 10 Minute Lock-In

It went off at 5/2.
    It makes them look a little silly, whereas if they enhance the show price of the horse, it's a fairer market comparison for them to use.

Still, it's a special offer I guess, and you're not obliged to take it. I'd just wonder do/should they guarantee it? (if it was to win at 5/2, pay you at that price, rather than 5/4)

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Only Boyles & Paddy Powers do enhanced horses on the show.
    On average Boyles do 3, PP between 4 and 6 a day, I've never seen Lads enhance a horse on the show.
    Powers deffo guarantee an enhanced price, not sure about Boyles.

Advertisement