Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fetac CAO offers 2013..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sean1975

Edel666 wrote: »
    I know ya i was half afraid to look at my phone haha when i did i didn't see a message and i went online and accepted it. Where are you doing your course again is it Carlow?

Batchelor degree with honours in civil engineering

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Forever21

Does anyone know as soon as you accept your offer when does the college contact you?

It's around a week before registration . Give the college a ring to find out

• Registered Users Posts: 36 keeponclimbing

Forever21 wrote: »
    It's around a week before registration . Give the college a ring to find out

Anyone know when we should expect to hear from susi? I sent of all required forms 3 or 4 weeks ago but have heard nothing back. Is this normal or has my application not been successful?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Edel666

Thanks Guys :)

Anyone know when we should expect to hear from susi? I sent of all required forms 3 or 4 weeks ago but have heard nothing back. Is this normal or has my application not been successful?

Susi are a pain they say 30 days from receipt of paperwork but that can be longer u can track it on grants online

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭tosspot15

No offers for nursing in round 1 either. 9 distinctions mean nothing :(
    Just going to have to wait until I'm a mature student I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Sinny2

tosspot15 wrote: »

I know the feeling :(

Sinny2 wrote: »
    I know the feeling :(

I think its an absolute disgrace, the FETAC to nursing system. Extremely unfair. Its sickening.

Sorry to say u an have 100 distinctions but they only cout 8 I know this sounds like crap that's because it is max points from a lvl 5 plc is 400 and that's going on the cao page before anyone jumps at me

Sean1975 wrote: »
    Sorry to say u an have 100 distinctions but they only cout 8 I know this sounds like crap that's because it is max points from a lvl 5 plc is 400 and that's going on the cao page before anyone jumps at me

Yeah they only count 8, but still. I got the maximum amount possible. Me and dozens of other people, yet no offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

The route to Nursing via FETAC is very competitive and if you look at the number of places reserved for FETAC applicants it is very low in most colleges. If it is practical check out some of the UK colleges are they accept FETAC.

Yeah they only count 8, but still. I got the maximum amount possible. Me and dozens of other people, yet no offer.

they should do interviews or something! It is sickening we do the absolute most we can and still told were nt good enough to get in :/ someone told me queens have a february intake for nursing, would you be in a position to do that?

The route to Nursing via FETAC is very competitive and if you look at the number of places reserved for FETAC applicants it is very low in most colleges. If it is practical check out some of the UK colleges are they accept FETAC.

Yeah I know how low it is. But thats exactly whats so unfair. You would think the people who didnt get into nursing after their LC, and took an entire year of pre-nursing with placements deserve it more than anybody else.

I got offered 2 interviews in england, went for 1, didnt get in. The other one was offered during my exams and neither side would negotiate unfortantely.

But on the bright side, at least there seems to be a fair bit of job offers for healthcare assistants going.

Yeah I know how low it is. But thats exactly whats so unfair. You would think the people who didnt get into nursing after their LC, and took an entire year of pre-nursing with placements deserve it more than anybody else.

I got offered 2 interviews in england, went for 1, didnt get in. The other one was offered during my exams and neither side would negotiate unfortantely.

But on the bright side, at least there seems to be a fair bit of job offers for healthcare assistants going.

Sorry to hear that but best of luck with your career and whatever decision you make.

Maybe ye should get on to them and find out what the story is.

Maybe ye should get on to them and find out what the story is.

Ah its only because nursing is so competitive to get into especially through fetac :/

Ah its only because nursing is so competitive to get into especially through fetac :/

Its a joke as they want to bring in that all doctors must do a 1 yr pre med course and interviews maybe they should do it for nursing to

Sean1975 wrote: »
    Its a joke as they want to bring in that all doctors must do a 1 yr pre med course and interviews maybe they should do it for nursing to

Ya i really think they should at least do interviews for fetac applicants applying to nursing... Its just really fustrating yano doing the best possible that you could do and even more frustrating knowing you cannot do a single thing to improve our chances next year of getting in :/ i wud happily do a level 6 course this year if it would help me get in but theres no such thing offered in nursing

Ya i really think they should at least do interviews for fetac applicants applying to nursing... Its just really fustrating yano doing the best possible that you could do and even more frustrating knowing you cannot do a single thing to improve our chances next year of getting in :/ i wud happily do a level 6 course this year if it would help me get in but theres no such thing offered in nursing

Look into a level 6 then is all I can say and best of luck

There are no Level 6 courses in Nursing and no Level 6 courses are accepted for entry into Nursing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Forever21

Best of luck tomorrow for all waiting on round 2. Hope you get something :)

Good Luck Guys x

Good Luck Guys x

Are u all prepared ??

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Iopu

How often does it happen that people get offer's for their prefered course choices in round 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭jeddie20

I messed up the CAO for round 1 but luckily got it sorted, howya Sligo round 2 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭currychips

jeddie20 wrote: »
    I messed up the CAO for round 1 but luckily got it sorted, howya Sligo round 2 :cool:

what you doing in sligo :) ?

Web Development and Creative Media, I'll tell ya, the nerves were getting to me the last few days haha are you there?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭currychips

Web Development and Creative Media, I'll tell ya, the nerves were getting to me the last few days haha are you there?

oh congrrats ! :D No ,, didnt got my course :( Got 350 in my plc ,, needed 300 for my course .. STILL didnt get it. Literally depressed!! :(

Ah that sucks :( sorry to hear about that, I know how depressing it is after round 1 :(

• Advertisement

Congrats i'm going to Sligo too :)

Advertisement