Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post season reaction (with some last cup game feedback)

• 23-08-2013 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭

most of the lads who came down have expressed an interest in the winter season :)
    baring in mind that

luke diver red head hadnt played 11 a side in a few years and wasnt a centre mid so looked a bit lost in the centre, you could see when he got on the left he was much more comfortable and was involved in the second goal almost got on the scoresheet himself, hes an excellent passer and will get better soon as he adjusts.

steo mc donald at centre back as solid as you can get won ever header and tackle he went into, desperately unfit hadnt run in months was carrying various injuries broken toe and double shinsplints like myself also picked up a hamstring injury chasing down a through ball on the left back position.

kingsley chimeze - my man of the match gave everything he had good passing good battling took his player on hes not a centre mid but he did a job, he said he wants to come back if hes able to on a tuesday nice lad as well.

on a personal note, 17 goals in 17 games i had a decent season it was very enjoyable every single one of the lads on the team were bang on i know im a moan on the field but most of yas took it in good stride i hadnt planned on coming back for the winter season initially it was a sharperner from the broken ankle i sustained but iv decided to in the end, big thanks to des for the lifts early season defo wouldnt have been able to join up if not for those and for his commitment to the team, various players need extolling but cant do everyone, looking forward to the pre season friendlies, and ill look froward to seeing how our current squad compete with what i think are brilliant additions if the stay on, with more stability within the squad a winners medal is very much on the cards come the next final game.

bring on the pre season friendlies :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DeviantD

Not sure if this was about the season or just to boast about your 17 goals and how well you played. :) but well done you played brilliant and yes you are a moan.
    Looking forward to the winter season to see if you can beat 17 goals, might be worth a bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

DeviantD wrote: »
    Not sure if this was about the season or just to boast about your 17 goals and how well you played. :) but well done you played brilliant and yes you are a moan.
    Looking forward to the winter season to see if you can beat 17 goals, might be worth a bet?
    Can't a guy be happy he scored 17 goals
    :P but no I wasn't boasting just saying how much I enjoyed the season

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

mrDerek wrote: »
    Can't a guy be happy he scored 17 goals
    :P but no I wasn't boasting just saying how much I enjoyed the season

You scored 17 goals against people who may as well of had white sticks. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

You scored 17 goals against people who may as well of had white sticks. :o

shurrup or no medal for ya :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Hi Lads,

Our end of season presentation night takes place next Thursday September 12th.
    All are welcome.
    Full details of winners etc.. next week.

Presentation Night Details
    Venue - Krystle Night Club, Harcourt Street, Dublin 2
    Date - Thursday September 12th
    Time - 8:00pm

Reduced price drinks and free food

Presentations

Winners Best Defence
    Runners-Up Top Scorer
    Third Place Best Goalkeeper

All are welcome.

More details will follow.

• Advertisement

Hi Lads,

Our end of season presentation night takes place next Thursday September 12th.
    All are welcome.
    Full details of winners etc.. next week.

Presentation Night Details
    Venue - Krystle Night Club, Harcourt Street, Dublin 2
    Date - Thursday September 12th
    Time - 8:00pm

Reduced price drinks and free food

Presentations

Winners Best Defence
    Runners-Up Top Scorer
    Third Place Best Goalkeeper

All are welcome.

More details will follow.

AHAHAHAHAH **** me nearly spat our my food at my desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

AHAHAHAHAH **** me nearly spat our my food at my desk.

Why?:confused:

It's laid out very badly, there are 6 prizes per division

Winners
    Runners-Up
    Third Place
    Best Defence
    Top Scorer
    Best Goalkeeper

I keep any team prizes, medals go to everyone, individual prizes go to the person.

I'll be going anyway, if anyone wants to join me, it's usually a decent enough night.

Will send out texts later

Yeah should be out for a bit.

Well done on the season lads I really enjoyed being part of it. Took me a while to get used to playing with everyone and get the confidence back as you may have noticed. Some games I can be amazing and then the next week I will be Emile Heskey, got better as the season went on.

When playing left back shout to Derek for helping with all the shouts etc makes life as a defender alot easier.

Jules & Colly with their attitude every game really makes playing as a team easier too.

Well done on the goals Derek you had a great season, if only you hadn't gotten fat in Lanzarote with the games after haha(joking).

FInal thanks to Des too with all the work he puts in to it.

Hoping to be back after the Dublin marathon anyway so if I don't see you on Thursday will get back in to it then.

• Advertisement

I'll take player of the year as an individual award.

Advertisement