Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Incredible Beaches!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Some awesome looking beaches there. Chile and Japan (indoor beach!) are the highlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The Chile one is class! I'd love to go to that Italian one with the rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

The beach at Alang in India is pretty incredible - for the wrong reasons generally.
    Alang,%20India.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Islands

whitehaven-beach-whitsundays.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Of those 15 I've been to 3, Italy, Spain and Gabon, all very impressive.

I've been to over 60 countries and have never seen a beach more beautiful then this one. Some beaches as beautifu as itl, yes indeed, but none more beautiful.

It's the drama of the drive up there, the view over Clew Bay to Croagh Patrick and Clare Island, the fact that just behind it are some of the highest sea cliffs in Europe, still totally unspoilt and the fact that it's essentially what the French or Spanish would call "Finisterre" - "the end of the World".....

Keem Strand, Achill Island........

MAY394_watermark_image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Aquagakka

12_zpsf952df33.jpg

Portsalon, Co.Donegal.

Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Islands

I saw that somewhere during the week and all of that whitesand is Parrotfish poop! They poop white sand. It looks amazing!

Red Kev wrote: »

Keem Strand, Achill Island........

My sister camped there for a couple of nights over the summer. She said that it's gorgeous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I saw that somewhere during the week and all of that whitesand is Parrotfish poop! They poop white sand. It looks amazing!

It could very well be. The origin of the sand is unknown though. Its over 98% pure silica. I've been lucky enough to visit it and walking on the sand is quite a strange sensation at first as its so fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

I have been here, Spiaggia Rosa (Pink beach) in Budelli, a small island in front of the north coast of Sardinia.

The pink color is coming from a microrganism called Miniacina miniacea, similar to coral.

943410_647206135306371_523519767_n.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Mars Bar wrote: »
    My sister camped there for a couple of nights over the summer. She said that it's gorgeous!

It's really amazing. Hard to do it justice in pictures, it's a real 360 experience. You can climb up to that tiny ruined house in the top left corner, challenging but very fun. There's usually a few sheep hanging around, which is nice. It's a complete sheer drop to the sea on the other side of that slope.

I was there all during the heatwave, incredibly lucky to be there on a run of clear days (but it's gorgeous regardless of the weather, just that little bit better!).

MAY400_watermark_image.jpg

934816_10201261911139117_102386581_n.jpg

The second one is my own pic.

And here's one from that tiny house on top of the other cliff

941943_10200189740252558_1887933658_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

90 mile beach in NZ is kinda cool too

It's a national road, 100kph limit
    90MileBeachBus.jpg
    The name Ninety Mile Beach is a misnomer because it is actually 55 miles (88 km) long.Several theories have been advanced for the name, the most common stemming from the days when missionaries travelled on horse back when on average a horse could travel 30 miles (50 km) in a day before needing to be rested. The beach took three days to travel therefore earning its name, but the missionaries did not take into account the slower pace of the horses walking in the sand, thus thinking they had travelled 90 miles (140 km) when in fact they had only travelled 55

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

It could very well be. The origin of the sand is unknown though. Its over 98% pure silica. I've been lucky enough to visit it and walking on the sand is quite a strange sensation at first as its so fine.
    Also because the sand is so white and reflects most heat it is cool to walk on.

Advertisement