Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trinity Freshers 2013

• 20-08-2013 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25 theoneguyy

Couldn't find any boards threads for this years freshers so I thought I'd get something started :). Just a thread for general chat and helping eachother out with any worries. My names Ruairi, I'm 19 and I'll be doing BESS this year :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sganyfx

I'm Stephen, 19 and doing BESS :D Currently trying to pick my extra module for first year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25 theoneguyy

What's the story with the extra module? Like does it have any real effect on the degree?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭mulciber

I'm Robert, I'm 18 and I'm doing Computer Science. :)

Has anyone actually heard anything from trinity yet ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

Keep an eye on this webpage for new students - http://www.tcd.ie/orientation/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

John, 18, doing Science! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

I'm Eoghan, I'm 18 and I'm starting engineering here this year.

How many clubs and societies are you guys joining? There's about 15 that I wouldn't mind trying :rolleyes:

theoneguyy wrote: »
    How many clubs and societies are you guys joining? There's about 15 that I wouldn't mind trying :rolleyes:

Wow, you'll be busy! I think I'll only join a small few. I think I'd rather be really involved with one or two, as opposed to jumping back and forth between 20. We'll see though, it's down to personal preference I guess. And it's so hard to choose which ones!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MWick94

I'm Michaela, 18 and doing Computer Science! :)

• Advertisement

Wow, you'll be busy! I think I'll only join a small few. I think I'd rather be really involved with one or two, as opposed to jumping back and forth between 20. We'll see though, it's down to personal preference I guess. And it's so hard to choose which ones!! :P

Yeah I agree, I'd prefer to get really involved in two or three rather than actually do about 15 :). Hopefully we'll get a chance to try most of them out before we really commit to them

Yeah I agree, I'd prefer to get really involved in two or three rather than actually do about 15 :). Hopefully we'll get a chance to try most of them out before we really commit to them

Hopefully! I'll probably try to take up at least 1 sport and then join a few other societies as well. I can't wait to get up there now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sganyfx

What's the story with the extra module? Like does it have any real effect on the degree?

I hope not...I'm probably going to go with Law since I have a number of friends studying Law.

Hopefully! I'll probably try to take up at least 1 sport and then join a few other societies as well. I can't wait to get up there now! :D

I know man I can't wait! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SKeane123

sganyfx wrote: »
    I'm Stephen, 19 and doing BESS :D Currently trying to pick my extra module for first year :(

I thought I had researched the course enough but clearly not :L I'm doing BESS too and didn't know about the language option! German was my only pass for the leaving so kind of screwed, do you know what Polish and Russian are like? or would I be better off choosing one of the other two?

sganyfx wrote: »
    I hope not...I'm probably going to go with Law since I have a number of friends studying Law.

Yeah I heard Law is pretty interesting, plus I kind of hated French in school :pac:

SKeane123 wrote: »
    I thought I had researched the course enough but clearly not :L I'm doing BESS too and didn't know about the language option! German was my only pass for the leaving so kind of screwed, do you know what Polish and Russian are like? or would I be better off choosing one of the other two?

I was thinking about doing Russian from scratch, I'll probably ditch the languages and do Law to be honest though

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

Sweeet!
    Anna, 19, Science is my game too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

Orlagh, 18, physiotherapy :D Anybody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 HelloFluffy

Chloe, 18, doing music. How d'you do? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

Alison, 19, nanoscience :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 yram2

im doing science also

• Registered Users Posts: 4 yram2

i am doing science

who tinks it's loike good ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Katia, 18 and doin law :) I'm Russian btw and recommend doing Russian :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Skcornnelg

Glenn, eh 32! TSM History and Ancient History and Archaeology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Will i be totally screwed for going out as im only 17?

Anyone heard from Trinity yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Anyone heard from Trinity yet?

Someone on facebook said they called, today apparently :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 HelloFluffy

The post just arrived and still no sign of anything, if that's anything to go by. I'm getting antsy and impatient!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Maybe they rejected me haha

Advertisement