Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Free Autocad To PDF Convetor

Options
  • 09-08-2013 10:11pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anybody got any advice on where to get one?
    Basically i want to convert some drawings to PDF, so i can email them to another person and they can print to scale.

thanks.

Autocad 2012
    Windows 7 OS.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Jacovs

AutoCad has a built in function for that.
    Just open the drawing in AutoCad, then plot/print, then under the printer/plotter in the "name" drop down box should be an option "dwg to pdf.pc3" or similar. Click OK, select destination folder for PDF output file. Viola.

Edit: can also use "export" function to export to pdf.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Jacovs wrote: »
    AutoCad has a built in function for that.
    Just open the drawing in AutoCad, then plot/print, then under the printer/plotter in the "name" drop down box should be an option "dwg to pdf.pc3" or similar. Click OK, select destination folder for PDF output file. Viola.

Edit: can also use "export" function to export to pdf.

was trying to use the inbuilt one but it keeps cropping my paper space for some reason. Also im using the student version so get mega "student edition" stamps on it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

Whoever is marking the drawings or advising on the drawings wont mind student edition if that's what they are being used for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭De Bhál

kceire wrote: »
    was trying to use the inbuilt one but it keeps cropping my paper space for some reason. Also im using the student version so get mega "student edition" stamps on it :(

I use Bullzip

simple to use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

PrimoPDF is a good pdf free pdf converter.

When I used the student version i used to print with a large margin and then crop the actual drawing out afterwards using a PDF tool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

f1dan wrote: »
    PrimoPDF is a good pdf free pdf converter.

When I used the student version i used to print with a large margin and then crop the actual drawing out afterwards using a PDF tool.

I use primo or nitro PDF maker. However there is a setting to change from A4 to whatever size you require. Otherwise printing an A4 PDF blown up to A2 makes it look very bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

cutepdf is what I use. Plot the drawing and use cutepdf as your plotter. It free as well

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/
    you can change the defaults so the pdf uses the filename

check the dpi and set the paper size to A0 or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭DvB

cutepdf is what I use. Plot the drawing and use cutepdf as your plotter. It free as well

Ditto.
    have zero complaints as its incredibly easy to install & use.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Advertisement