Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The compound navan closed down

• 13-08-2013 10:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭

The compound in navan has closed its gates for good.Looks like site is gone and there trying to relocate to an indoor site.It was posted by themselves on facebook yesterday evening. They said not to ask why,what happened,or any of that and that them sort of posts would be deleted.Guessing there not happy themselves about it all and don't want a bigger headache answering question.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Ahh, balls. I was planning a trip out there, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Ye it seem to happen out of the blue but then in saying that they said they are looking at a few warehouses in the area for an indoor site so i think we'll just have to wait and see.It will be missed it was a class site.I played my very first game of airsoft there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

The compound has announced that they have secured a new site and will reopen soon. They haven't said where or if its indoors or outdoors.

Pity I never dragged my ar$e up to the old site as I heard great reports of it.

Ye seen he had posted that on facebook.He hope to have it all back up and running by the end of september with a whole new site. He said he plans on something thats never been done before so it should be interesting to see what appears. As far as i know its indoor but that could change.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭darkslider

That's a real loss, what a great site - especially for night games. With all the buildings there was a real incursion feel to the games. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't like to know what happened there. Personally I thought that the APC was cutting the place up pretty good when it was wet - a very cool show piece all the same.

As you guys have said, it will be interesting to see what Paul comes up with for the next site. He's all about his airsoft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

haha, some drama happening on Facebook

One lad says he is taking over the site and will re-open under a new same, original site owner says thats rubbish and to boycott that guy, ages since we had good drama :D

I was just reading that myself some comments on it.Im guessing he's a bit annoyed that someone else is talking over.I don't think anyone will care who runs it once its run right and stays open.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭darkslider

Ok so obviously there was either some kind of a falling out between the previous owner and the landlord or something underhanded was done in terms of rent or something like that. Business is business, it's a cuthroat pursuit and you do what you have to do to survive or better the other guy. There's no point in coming in on the high ground with the honour amongst airsofters bit. The bottom line is you're in business to make money and if you've got what it takes to strike a better deal, you'll get what you want whether you deserve it or not.

I do like the previous owner of this site. I found him to be nothing but a nice guy and I wish him well in what ever form his new airsoft site takes. I will be sure to check it out. I am delighted however that gibbstown demense will be reopened for airsoft. This is the best and most atmospheric site I've ever come across.

All the best to whoever it is that takes it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

Hi

does anyone know if this place has re opened? Website is up but can't get a reply from email or phone numbers listed? Looking to play with a group of 10-15 of us but can't find anywhere in meath area. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

jinkybhoy wrote: »
    Hi
    looking to play with a group of 10-15 of us but can't find anywhere in meath area. thanks

Sim-Tac are in Navan. Was out there a few weeks ago cracking place, mix on indoor CBQ in old buildings and outdoor forested areas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

Faolchu wrote: »
    Sim-Tac are in Navan. Was out there a few weeks ago cracking place, mix on indoor CBQ in old buildings and outdoor forested areas

thanks for that - ill check them out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

jinkybhoy wrote: »
    Hi

does anyone know if this place has re opened? Website is up but can't get a reply from email or phone numbers listed? Looking to play with a group of 10-15 of us but can't find anywhere in meath area. thanks

This site was re-opened under new management as Sim-Tac its in Kells co Meath and is definitely worth a visit

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭d.one

Sim tac is a good spot but it's doing a members day on Sunday , redbarn isn't a long drive from Meath or fingal would recommend you give all of them a try Redhills in Kildare is a super site also

Advertisement