Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eyewear for a glasses user.

• 09-08-2013 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭

Hey lads, starting to get back into airsoft again and have everything sorted bar eye protection. My problem is that I wear glasses so don't know what's suitable. I'd prefer to use something like Oakley M-Frames over goggles but I'm having a hard time finding out about prescription lenses for them. Other than those I've been looking at the ESS TurboFan as I've read that these fit over glasses. Have ye any insight into my conundrum?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

OTG Ski goggles?

I used to wear glasses and found them great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭chris20

I wear glasses too,I myself use bolle x500 goggles and also a fan kit I put in myself,these fans are completely silent and have never fogged up on me,can't recommend them enough

Link: http://fanzkit.com/FANZ_DF20_Double_Fan/p643134_3124535.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I use Bollé Raiders. They come with an Rx lens insert that fits in snugly between the bridge pad and the protection itself. Really comfortable, to the point where I often used them in work instead of goggles if I was using grinders etc.
    Getting Rx lenses made for the inserts (for any inserts, including Oakley, ESS) can be a pain if you have a heavy prescription. I found a place in Dublin (Dixon-Hempenstall) that did them, after being turned away from several opticians. As usual, though, the lenses will run you twice the price of the frames.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

NakedDex wrote: »
    I use Bollé Raiders. They come with an Rx lens insert that fits in snugly between the bridge pad and the protection itself. Really comfortable, to the point where I often used them in work instead of goggles if I was using grinders etc.
    Getting Rx lenses made for the inserts (for any inserts, including Oakley, ESS) can be a pain if you have a heavy prescription. I found a place in Dublin (Dixon-Hempenstall) that did them, after being turned away from several opticians. As usual, though, the lenses will run you twice the price of the frames.

Looks like I will be going for the Raiders then, how are they for fogging up or do they at all with them being like regular glasses? Any idea were I can get them relatively fast? Hobby Airsoft are out of them at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

They're worn like regular glasses, but they're still a full seal, so they can fog up a bit if its humid (I've only ever noticed it if I was wearing a boonie or baseball cap in hot weather). Generally, though, they're pretty damn good.

I'm not sure where you can get them in a hurry. I got mine in Hobby Airsoft a good while back. Might be worth giving them a call? They may get them in for you at short notice?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Camshop.ie do a big range of bolle glasses.The raiders are out of stock but it would be worth a check to see when they will have them back in.Hope this helps.

Advertisement