Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-opening of the Nocturnal Library

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,683 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

FewFew wrote: »
    Making Money is pretty good.

Ordered the latest Neil Gaiman. Like a fool I saw him post on Facebook that the hardback was on special offer on Amazon, so I went for it thinking £9 was a bargain. Then the final price was €17. Ouch. Still probably good for a hardback. Probably. Can't wait to read it.

Really good article about the book that gives nothing away about the plot :)

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

koth wrote: »

The first few paragraphs have put me at ease, no need to read the rest :) Looking forward to it. To my shame, it'll be the first book I've read in about a year. Not cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

The first few paragraphs have put me at ease, no need to read the rest :) Looking forward to it. To my shame, it'll be the first book I've read in about a year. Not cool.

Am still waiting for something to read from you! ;) :P

(just kidding lovey xx)

Mylina wrote: »
    Am still waiting for something to read from you! ;) :P

(just kidding lovey xx)

Oh I'll send it over now! It's only a prologue.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

gw-vulkan-lives.jpg

Just got this in hardback, looking forward to getting stuck into it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭SueBoom

Just about to start the 3rd and final book of Haruki Murakami's 1Q84. Very excited.

Just got "The Ocean at the End of the Lane" in to my hands! Huzzah! Time to feel really untalented and impressed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Has anyone else read Catcher in the Rye? A few of my friends have brought it up recently, talking about how great it was, and I don't get it. I thought Holden was the second most annoying main character in a book I've ever read.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Angron wrote: »
    Has anyone else read Catcher in the Rye? A few of my friends have brought it up recently, talking about how great it was, and I don't get it. I thought Holden was the second most annoying main character in a book I've ever read.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/267356/i-just-read-a-bookfor-nothing

:p:p

I read it when in school, thought it was pretty bland back then.
    I think at the time, it was considered OMG! for being angsty and teen rebellion fueled. But by todays standards, it's now a classic cause it was so "out there" back then. :rolleyes:

Am currently reading Game of Thrones :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Just finished Ex-Communication by Peter Clines. Amazing wrapup to the trilogy I must say.

• Advertisement

Oh it was "angsty" all right. Holden was an incredibly whiny, insufferable jackass.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Finished Fight Club last week. So much better than the movie!!

The OH bought me J.K Rowlings The Casual Vacancy today! I have heard a few people talking about it and it's meant to be very good! Hopefully it lives up to it's hype! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

The Presidents Hat- antoine laurain- just started it- a bit silly in terms of concept but a good read nevertheless

I just finished 1Q84, incredible stuff!

Next I'm going onto Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. Really looking forward to it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Good Omens is outstanding

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Started Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, just cause the movie is coming out next week and I can see myself enjoying it more if I can nit pick and say "It was better in the book!"

• Moderators Posts: 51,683 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Finished reading Pirate Cinema by Cory Doctorow during the weekend. Very good read.

The story is based around a teenager that gets his families internet blocked for a year because he downloaded so much movie footage from the web. As a result he runs away from home to live in a squat in London.

The story is an examination of big business lobbying government to punish people that may be using copyrighted material for non-commerical creative endeavours.

I'd recommend the book if the above looks like something you'd be interested in. :)

If you can read this, you're too close!

Reading 'The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch' by Philip K. Dick at the minute.

Anyone know when the next Game of Thrones book will be out?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

After much procrastination & delays, i have finally finished reading the first Game Of Thrones book :D

Reading 'The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch' by Philip K. Dick at the minute.

Anyone know when the next Game of Thrones book will be out?

Aren't they finished?

• Advertisement

I just finished Good Omens. Amazing. Hilarious. Crowley and Aziraphale are the perfect double act. Loved it.

I'm about to start American Gods by Neil Gaiman. It'll be the first book of his I've read. Looking forward to it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

SueBoom wrote: »
    Aren't they finished?
    Not yet. There are at least two books that he has to finish but working on the TV version delayed him somewhat.

Going to get started on The Passage (by Justin Cronin) soon, since it came highly recommended as a different story about vamps and their interaction with the human race.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Started reading this for the 2nd time, damn entertaining book

81ky5msaUPL._SL1500_.jpg

I just finished Good Omens. Amazing. Hilarious. Crowley and Aziraphale are the perfect double act. Loved it.

I'm about to start American Gods by Neil Gaiman. It'll be the first book of his I've read. Looking forward to it.

keep a notepad handy so you remember the things you want to look up. I have read it five times and still find new things I want to check out.

American Gods is fantastic.

American Gods is fantastic.

American Gods 2 is pretty damn good as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Do you mean Anansi Boys, the Shadow short story in Fragile Things or has he actually started/finished the direct sequel he said he was going to write and nobody told me? :pac:

Currently reading Robert A Heinlein's JOB: A comedy of justice. First time I've read one of his books, it's a comedy about travelling through alternative universes. It's been quite entertaining so far.

Say Whaaaaaaat?

I meant Anansi Boys

• Advertisement

I meant Anansi Boys

Damn straight ya did :cool:

Advertisement