Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Garda TV Show

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

I lasted 3 minutes before I wanted to poke my eyes out with a wooden spoon.

Its unbelievable ****e. Kilnaskully is Oscar material in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭redsurfer

I don't know what to make of it for the first few minutes. Watch it all. Very funny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭source

I lasted 3 minutes before I wanted to poke my eyes out with a wooden spoon.

Its unbelievable ****e. Kilnaskully is Oscar material in comparison.

Bloody hell Goldie, you lasted longer than me.

The typical Irish "comedy" that actually makes it in this country, while actually funny people have to go abroad to be successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I got 2 giggles from it - "A fcukin bike" and "Well horse!". That's it. Terrible terrible sheit, written form the point of view of someone who has a grudge against the Gardai (I'm guessing). I sincerely hope this does not get funding a dies a complete death. It's not even funny if you look at it from a pish-take point of view.

Is it do hard to make a proper series about the Gardai? God knows, there's a never ending stream of examples that can be used, and would make for some seriously good dramatic viewing. But no, people would rather watch series where criminals get glorified (and while Love/Hate is not a bad show, it glorifies the life of criminals).

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

lighthearted entertainment

got a few chuckles from it, alot of half truths in there. some of the gags have been done before

loved the response to the armed robbery, very funny

'NAVAN!? my daddy promised me dalkey!' - a direct quote from somebody no doubt

but i agree with Potential Monke - i wish there was a sincere reflection of our police force in TV programs instead of the constant gombeen piss take angle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

That was brutal, typical ****e Irish comedy, for some reason the funny people never make it here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Awful stuff. Cringeworthingly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

This looks pretty decent IMHO! 'Dowwn heeeoooh.. sounds like someone choking on a condom'!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭catastrophy

Pretty poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Having read the reviews above, I'll give the link a miss.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

Reminded me a lot of Reno 911. Not bad for a pilot. There are far, far less funnier things knocking about. With a bit of investment and a larger, more interesting cast it could be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Sprog 4 wrote: »
    Reminded me a lot of Reno 911. Not bad for a pilot. There are far, far less funnier things knocking about. With a bit of investment and a larger, more interesting cast it could be good.

You can roll a turd in sugar, doesn't make it a doughnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

as it stands.... it's piss poor

maybe with some investment and creative writing, it could be good

but the predictable thick garda joke has been done to death.

and with death, let it RIP

Advertisement