Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OP:Borderlands/Dark Skies COPEHILL DOWN 25/10/13

• 31-07-2013 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

COPEHILL DOWN 25-27 OCT 2013 HALLOWEEN SPECIAL

THIS WILL BE A TWO OP EVENT WITH A DAY OP AND A NIGHT OP

OP:Borderlands (Day game from 11-16.00)

HUMINT and recent satellite imagery show an increased activity in a small village in the remote borderlands of Tajikistan. Intel agencies believe the village is being used as a safe haven/training camp for the remaining fragments of the Al Shebaab fighters forced out of Somalia during OP:Ocean Fury.

Multiple operations have so far depleted the groups support network, arms and command structure. Hiding away in remote locations seems to be the last resort of the group. The increased activity would suggest they are gathering strength in numbers and fresh arms supplies from the Neighbouring countries.

US and British intelligence also believe military research and development company “Incotek Corp” are still dealing with and supplying experimental arms and funding to the group. The recent Operation: Ocean Fury involving TF Trident and AMISON forces found links but no concrete evidence to allow the prosecution of “Incotek Corp” in an international court, high ranking officials wish this to be obtained. With increasing HUMINT identifying individuals and vehicles at the borderland location that may be associates of “Incotek Corp” Task Force Trident have been tasked to infiltrate the region and carry out a mission to arrest the suspected” Incotek Corp” Associates, destroy the training camp and secure any intelligence/information at the site.

OP: Dark Skies (Night game from 19.00 – 04.00)

Business offices, Financial area, New York 16.00hrs October 24(Transcripts from NSA surveillance file)

A knock at the door.
    #1 sir, there’s been an incident at the facility
    #2 really, can this not wait till tomorrow it’s...
    #1 no sir, I mean ‘the facility...
    (a pause)
    #2 ****.
    #1 yes sir, it happened around 26hours ago..
    #2 where the hell is the reaction team
    #1 they were out there sir, on a routine operation at the time and..
    #2 any word from them?
    #1 no sir at first we thought the area may have been experiencing communication difficulties, the rest of the systems were normal on our monitor and they just missed check in, but....
    #2 but what damn it!?
    #1 but then they missed the second window, and no response to our attempts to contact them, also the facilities security systems have been disabled, they must have been damaged or disabled.
    #2 which means? Exactly...
    (a pause)
    #1 which means anything that was locked inside now has nothing to stop it getting out…
    …sir?
    #2 Then this is going to be bigger than we had ever imagined and we are all in this mess, I need to make a secure call, patch me through to our friend in exile.
    #1 yes sir right away
    (footsteps move across the room)

(a mobile phone dials a number, it rings out and it is answered)
    #2Hello my friend I have a job for you,……… it’s time to pay the piper.
    #3Now’s not a good time Mr Black
    #2 I don’t give a **** if its not a good time, I have kept you and your men in hiding for nearly 2 years(raised voice), and its time to repay that debt Mr Briggs.
    #3 hmmm, OK what’s your problem
    #2 The “dark skies” facility has gone dark and the security systems have been disabled
    #3 hmmm. Well that is a problem and what do you want me to do.
    #2 I want the facility cleaned, I want nothing left but ashes, I don’t want anyone or anybody finding anything that could link me and this company to that facility and those experiments, do you understand me, nothing is to be left and nothing is to stand in your way. Arrange your transport and needs through the usual channels, but make it fast.
    (Phone is slammed down)

Incotek Corp: Project Dark Skies

A defence research and development company directed by a number of very influential figures, they have a hold over governments and a disregard for the law, their own goals, profit and control is all that matters to them, Believed to be to the extremes of creating wars and ending lives.

An ongoing project (dark skies) for the last year has been conducted at a remote research facility, Experimenting with the possibilities of genetic mutation to create the impossible. Soldiers that cannot die. With such a biblical aim there was “side effects” to original subjects, to create immortals, the first experiments had to test what happened to humans in death.

Test reports show subjects to be extremely violent, strong and uncontrollable. There has been an 85% negative result to the testing. However a small strain of mutation proved extremely successful. “Superior Soldiers” of strain 55-2 have developed abilities and intelligence beyond the company’s wildest dreams. The first batch were installed as the facilities in-house security force controlling the ever expanding number of failed and imprisoned experiments.

The facility located in an abandoned village on the Yugoslavian / Hungarian border had remained quiet.... until now!

TEAMS

Please read this section carefully. The base clothing requirements will be strictly enforced. Please also try and match you’re load carrying gear in keeping with team selection

TF TRIDENT: 60 PLACES ONLY:

Multicam, MTP, AOR2 and any Temperate Woodland Camo pattern

TF TRIDENT

Incotek PMC (Night game)/AL Sheebab fighters (day game): 60 places only

NO MULTICAM,MTP or Black clothing

Desert DPM

Coyote Brown

A-TACS (not FG)

BLACK AND WHITE SHEMAGH'S MUST BE WORN AND VISABLE

Incok PMC(Night game)/AL Sheebab fighters (day game):

ROLE PLAYER PLACES WILL PLAY THE DAY GAME AS NORMAL PLAYERS

Failed Experiments (role player places): 30 places only (split 50/50 between TF Trident and Al Shebaab for day game)
    CONTACT FOR FURTHER DETAILS

Facility Security force (role player places): 6 places only (split 50/50 between TF Trident and Al Shebaab for day game)

CONTACT FOR FURTHER DETAILS

Ministry of Defence

Fibua Copehill Down

Shrewton Rd

Chitterne,

Warminster,

Wiltshire BA12

Lat: 51:12:25N (51.207)

Lon: 1:58:39W (-1.9775)

Set Sat Nav to Chitterne, then look out for a dirt track "Tank track Q"

CONDUCT:

We operate a zero tolerance policy to poor conduct!

We will not tolerate cheats!

We will not tolerate cheat calling or abusive behaviour towards anybody! (tell a marshal that is what they are there for!)

We will not tolerate blind firing!

The marshals word is final and arguing will not be tolerated!

3 strikes and your out!

1st time you will be warned

2nd time you will leave the game (for at least 30 mins)

3rd time you will leave the event, and be banned from any future events with Brit Tac (this includes weekend events and our home site games)

IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS INFORM A MARSHAL IMMEDIATELY, NOT HOURS LATER WHEN NOTHING CAN BE DONE!

HITS:

When Hit, a player must leave the playing area as quickly as possible with one hand raised in the air above their head whilst continuously calling “dead man walking”.

A hit is classed as a direct strike from a BB on any part of the player and their equipment including the weapon in hand.

Dead men can not talk and will be deemed as poor conduct

FIRE MODE/FPS LIMITS:

AEGs/GBB Rifle/Pistol = maximum 350 FPS with .2g BBs.

Single shot bolt action sniper = maximum 500 FPS with .2g BBS (30 Meter minimum engagement rule)

All weapons will be chronographed before commencement of play with 0.20g bb’s and random chronographing will take place throughout the event. Please ensure your weapons is within the limits as any weapon found to be over the FPS limit must be placed back in the player’s vehicle or left in the event office until the end of the event. No exceptions will be made.

Any player found trying to cheat the chrono will be immediately removed from the event.

SINGLE SHOT ONLY INSIDE BUILDINGS

You may fire full auto in too/out of a building, but must switch to semi once you are in a building.

AMMO LIMITS

No loose ammunition is to be carried –all ammo must be carried in magazines, however loose ammunition can be stored at you’re team’s regeneration point and you can replenish your ammo as and when required throughout the day at regen.

ASSAULT WEAPONS

Mid or Low Capacity Magazines Only

The maximum magazine limit. A maximum of 8 magazines in total for your primary weapon (to be shown at chrono prior to game on)

SNIPER RIFLES

100 BB’s at any one time(in magazines) + Sidearm (no AEG allowed at the same time as using sniper rifle, side arm only)

SUPPORT WEAPONS

1 Full Box Magazine (Maximum size of 3000 rounds)

PISTOLS

A maximum 5, standard capacity (i.e. Not extended mags) Magazines can be carried (1 in the pistol and 4 spares).

If you use extended magazines for your pistol, then the limit is 3 magazines (1 in the pistol and

MEDIC RULES

Any medic rules in play will be explained at the event game brief.

BANG RULE

We do not enforce the BANG rule, but you may use it at your discretion, we do however expect common sense at close ranges!

PYRO

Only pyro purchased from Brit Tac Airsoft will be able to be used at this event. (with the exception of BFG’s 9mm and below only)

NO MK9 or above allowed!

Buildings. (Grenade thrown in)

Any player in a room is dead unless behind hard cover. Hard cover is classed as a physical barrier between the player and line of sight of the grenade i.e a wall, not hiding behind the player in front of you!

Outside/open terrain. (Grenade thrown)

Kill radius of within 5m/15ft. Hard cover rule applies

Smoke

Smoke is for screening purposes only and does not have any other in game effect. Military smokes are allowed outside of buildings. No military smokes inside buildings.

Game effect pyro

Any other pyro which has any in game effects will be used and controlled by a marshall, the marshal will inform the players effected and to what extent.

Sleeping

1. Sleep in game. Players that choose to do so must wear their eye protection at all times. (post a sentry)

2. An allocated safe sleeping building (if one is available at the event).

3. Your vehicle within the Car Park

4. Off site (Must sign out and back in on return)

ADMIN

• ALL WEAPONS MUST BE MADE SAFE BEFORE ENTERING A SAFE ZONE!

• The minimum age of players is 14 years old and they must be accompanied by an adult when on site(up to the age of 16). A disclaimer will have to be signed by the supervising adult before play can commence and by a parent/guardian for any player under 18

• All players must wear adequate footwear which gives maximum ankle support (i.e. boots, no trainers!). Players are also advised to wear full face masks. This is not mandatory for adults but is a must for those under the age of 16 yrs. Safety glasses to ballistic standard must be worn at all times on the site except in the safe zone. Gloves and a helmet are advised.

• All players must ensure whilst travelling to and from the site that their weapons are transported in either a hard or soft case. At no time should weapons be visible to the general public. This is for your own safety!

• All players must sign in and out when entering or leaving the site.

• No smoking is allowed whilst inside any of the buildings but provision will be made for smokers outside of the building.

• Do not use the buildings as a toilet, there will be toilets allocated around the site. DO NOT ATTACK THE TOILETS!(or tip them over when your mates in them!)

• No green military lasers to be used on site. Low powered red lasers are permitted.

• Violence, intimidation and bullying will not be tolerated on this site against players or marshals. Any person committing such an act will be removed from the building and membership will be terminated.

• Anybody caught causing non-accidental damage to the site will be held liable for the cost of repair.

• Players must not enter rooms/buildings/areas with ‘out of bounds’ signs on or warning tape.

• The marshal’s word is final.

• no fixed blade knifes (rubber training knives allowed)

• All deposits are non refundable, unless we cancel/change the event dates.

To book you place:

Total cost for the weekend is £95 (Role player places will be £50 for the weekend and will play the day game as a normal player)

a £25 deposit is payable via PayPal or credit card ( PM for details to pay by CC)to secure your place.

PayPal account is: ianvanoorschot@brittacairsoft.com

The remaining balance due on arrival (£70)

Please choose your team, state in the paypal comments box, full name, date of birth, Team chosen and a secondary team, contact email address, and contact phone number.

Arrival on site after 17.00 PM Friday the 25th Oct

Game on Saturday 11.00-16.00.(day game) 19.00-04.00 (night game)

Booking is via email to ianvanoorschot@brittacairsoft.com or via the forum on www.brittacairsoft.com.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Ninety-five bleedin' quid? Are there dancing girls? Free food steak dinners? Free pyro all day?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 van650

OzCam wrote: »
    Ninety-five bleedin' quid? Are there dancing girls? Free food steak dinners? Free pyro all day?

Lol! Sorry no mate! If you look at most of the sites running events at cophill they charge £95 as the norm, we usually charge £85 for our normal weekenders there, but as this will be a one off event and prop heavy we have to recoup more costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Giving this a bump because I'm biased (sorry). Always love seeing themed games other than straight-up milsim after having experienced two such events at Sennybridge (F&O's "Red Dawn" & Bamako Bampots "The Uprising").

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jack s

Lemming wrote: »
    Giving this a bump because I'm biased (sorry). Always love seeing themed games other than straight-up milsim after having experienced two such events at Sennybridge (F&O's "Red Dawn" & Bamako Bampots "The Uprising").

Hi, is there any Irish team heading over?

jack s wrote: »
    Hi, is there any Irish team heading over?

I'll be there since I'm staffing this event, but I'm already in the UK so it's easy to travel, so "I don't know" to answer your question; I've not heard anything concrete yet about anybody travelling. I'm hoping that some activity in-thread might start to draw peoples attention. I've yet to ever hear negative comments from event organisers/staff about Irish players as an identity at any event I've ever attended, either as a player, player/command, or staff. I also believe we punch far in excess above our "weight" at international events too so I'd like to see proverbial flag being flown again.

It's also rather handy when I know I have 'n' number of Irish players under my command. I can say "XYZ needs done" and I know it'll be done, with gratuitous amounts of enthusiasm and MFV*, along with trophies of enemy heads brought back for good measure :D

TA-Events - and some Berget-Events - veterans will know what it stands for

• Advertisement

Lemming wrote: »
    I'll be there since I'm staffing this event, but I'm already in the UK so it's easy to travel, so "I don't know" to answer your question; I've not heard anything concrete yet about anybody travelling. I'm hoping that some activity in-thread might start to draw peoples attention. I've yet to ever hear negative comments from event organisers/staff about Irish players as an identity at any event I've ever attended, either as a player, player/command, or staff. I also believe we punch far in excess above our "weight" at international events too so I'd like to see proverbial flag being flown again.

It's also rather handy when I know I have 'n' number of Irish players under my command. I can say "XYZ needs done" and I know it'll be done, with gratuitous amounts of enthusiasm and MFV*, along with trophies of enemy heads brought back for good measure :D

TA-Events - and some Berget-Events - veterans will know what it stands for

Sound, which side would you recommend, always did Multicam for the TA events, might go green this time.

Cheers

Jack

• Registered Users Posts: 18 nicmcs

Hey there,
    Interested in heading to this, is there any Irish players planning on going to this, as it would be nice to fall in with an Irish team.

Thinking of going in AOR2 gear.
    Nic

nicmcs wrote: »
    Hey there,
    Interested in heading to this, is there any Irish players planning on going to this, as it would be nice to fall in with an Irish team.

Thinking of going in AOR2 gear.
    Nic

Hi
    There are 2 of us going, from Dublin, as part of the Trident (Multicam) side.

Jack

Only a month to go guys if you want to book in and get travel sorted!

Anyone humming & hawing had best get off the fence; only two weeks to go!

• Advertisement
Advertisement