Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arctic Monkeys 5th album

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

I like it, very Humbug-ish, no doubt the people who only love the first two albums won't get it. I'm looking forward to the 5th album as I feel they've never made a bad album and actually got better with each album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

I'm happy to know this information :)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

New track released today. Another step in the right direction for the Monkeys imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

New track released today. Another step in the right direction for the Monkeys imo.

I like it. Has a nice bass line. Hopefully all the album isn't as Josh Homme-y though, a good track.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I wasnt sure at first, but it's really growing on me.

• Advertisement

Has the feel of a James Bond theme. Just love that dark groove it has and the video is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

That song is pretty f*&king cool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

so cool they piss ice cubes.end of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Chris Ryan

They have announced that the album is going to be released on the 9th of September on their Twitter and this is the track listing:

1. Do I Wanna Know?
    2. R U Mine?
    3. One For The Road
    4. Arabella
    5. I Want It All
    6. No. 1 Party Anthem
    7. Mad Sounds
    8. Fireside.
    9. Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?
    10. Snap Out Of It.
    11. Knee Socks
    12. I Wanna Be Yours

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jamie Cal

Yep, hope ye're all ready, lads. UK tour being announced after Glasto. I haven't got the word on any more Irish dates (other than EP, obviously) but I'm hoping they won't do the dog on us this time round, like last time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

bloody cracker of a tune. looking very much forward to the record

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Just a live version but I really like it, studio version should be even better. New album looking good, very humbug-y which I love.

Ooh La La La :D

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

that's a great little tune...reminds me of a velvet underground song i think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

The Strypes have come a long way in a short time.

1017626_10151524382395967_839693243_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

To think in September they were still in TY!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,976 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Thats a belting song. Very talented band.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Someone needs to remind Alex Turner he's not from New York City he's from Rotherham (Sheffield) going by his accent at Glastonbury.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Just watched their set on the BBC, Turner came across like a cheesy karaoke bingo caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Just watched their set on the BBC, Turner came across like a cheesy karaoke bingo caller.

That's what he was going for, the kinda Billy Fury/Elvis showmanship approach. It seemed to be nearly like a character he donned for the gig. I thought it was quite entertaining and he'd good audience interaction.

Great set too. I'm looking forward to their new album even more now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

niallo24 wrote: »
    Someone needs to remind Alex Turner he's not from New York City he's from Rotherham (Sheffield) going by his accent at Glastonbury.

I'm only a few songs in. Is he taking the píss or what?

Between the new look and talking like a knob..

Ludicrous.

• Advertisement

That's what he was going for, the kinda Billy Fury/Elvis showmanship approach. It seemed to be nearly like a character he donned for the gig. I thought it was quite entertaining and he'd good audience interaction.

Great set too. I'm looking forward to their new album even more now.

Yeah he was playing a 50's style rocker playing up to the crowd who clearly loved it. The Guy changes things up and that set at Glastonbury was a cracker.

To the guys saying he's acting like a knob should stop taking it all so serious.

I'm only a few songs in. Is he taking the píss or what?

Between the new look and talking like a knob..

Ludicrous.

Oh just enjoy it, he's playing it up. Stop been a snob. Stop acting like Frontmen don't act like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Looper007 wrote: »
    Oh just enjoy it, he's playing it up. Stop been a snob. Stop acting like Frontmen don't act like that.

Act like what? Doing a Shakin' Stevens impression while talking like you're from a different part of the world. I don't know any other front man who does that. What's the point? I don't get it.

I like the band too.

Act like what? Doing a Shakin' Stevens impression while talking like you're from a different part of the world. I don't know any other front man who does that. What's the point? I don't get it.

I like the band too.

I taught along with Primal Scream and Chic the set of the festival so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

I did think it was a great set, he annoys me now though. Strategically lighting up a smoke to appear cool, and having a go at people in the crowd for not waving their arms to Pretty Little Visitors. Won't take away from their music one bit though personally speaking. Love the new tune too.

New single's gonna be 'Why'd You Only Cal Mel When You're High', video shot.

tumblr_mpcytlkcKP1qi1qqko1_500.jpg

This fella Nabil did this video, so I'm pretty excited for the new one:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MickOLeary

fair play to the stypes!

MickOLeary wrote: »
    fair play to the stypes!

Pfffft. They did little-to-nothing to get to support AM. They're be shoved down our throats it seems.

New Monkey's single. Got to love that Dre beat, the new album is stacking up very nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Not sure they've officially released that since it isn't on youtube anymore.

Advertisement