Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squash Links

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭dizzyg

Sandycove is open during the day. You get a keyfob so you can book a court online and come and go as you please. PM me if you want me more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bren32MK

Thanks for the info Dizzy, Sandycove is just a little to far out of the way for me, but it is good to know that it's there, and avaiable to use during the day, Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

michaltrt wrote: »
    Heya folks. Does anyone know of any squash courts in the drogheda, navan or ballbriggan areas??

Is there a Squash club in Drogheda?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 tom_in_cork

what is annual cost of source fitness?
    anyone aware of any special deals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dawidel

Hi Guys , quick question.

Do You know any shops with squash gear around Dublin?

Cheers thanks for help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 moominpappa

Hi looking to see what courts in South County Dublin and Wicklow are pay per play as opposed to paying membership, if anyone has any info i would appreciate it.

thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ronanos

Hi,

Does anybody know if there is a squash club in or near Raheen or Dooradoyle in Limerick?

Thanks,
    Ronan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭brian2me

ronanos wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anybody know if there is a squash club in or near Raheen or Dooradoyle in Limerick?

Thanks,
    Ronan

Hey Ronan,
    I used to play at the CIE club just off the hyde road, you need to book a slot as it is a private club. UL all so have a court. Don't know of any in Raheen or Dooradoyle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Does anyone know if the spawell still has squash courts

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭baldyshane

Same As wrote: »
    Chrisites has closed I believe,Know a few of the lads who used to play there now play in the city with the Silversprings and The Orchard Bar clubs.

Christies in Blarney is still going but members only and no club just for fun and fitness.
    If enough members we could re-start a club... Any interest???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 bluerythmsdiet

Does anyone know if the spawell still has squash courts
    The Ballyfermot Sports Complex 016269213 has 3 courts, 8 hour for 40minutes..They also have a club on Friday night's €10 for 2 hours. Haven't been but amy going Friday the 15th.
    Anybody interested in a game during the next week looking to build up a couple of regular games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fionnmacual

brian2me wrote: »
    Hey Ronan,
    I used to play at the CIE club just off the hyde road, you need to book a slot as it is a private club. UL all so have a court. Don't know of any in Raheen or Dooradoyle

Catholic Institute is handy enough, Rosbrien Rd right in the heart of Punch's Cross, Dooradoyle...
    http://www.ciac-limerick.org/home.shtml
    3 squash courts, I see Tony Kelleher is still down as members sec of the overall club, he is a classy squash player/coach so I'm sure he will sort you out: :D
    http://sites.google.com/site/ciaclimerick/Home/contact

Limerick Sports facilities: http://www.limerick.ie/amenities/sports/

Also, there is a database of squash clubs nationwide (plus all other sports facilities) here - some squash clubs listed, lots more to go...
    http://irishsportingheritage.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fionnmacual

Playing partners contactable here :):
    http://squashclub.org/cgi-bin/join/search.pl

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Hi guys, just moved up to Dublin from Cork. Just wondering if there are any courts around the Kilmainham area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pulau_tioman

Old Belvedere - Squash/Rugby combo in Donnybrook. Don't know much about them but they do seem to field very competitive teams in the Leinster Leagues.

Details here:

http://www.facebook.com/oldbelvederesquash

Open during the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Anyone have any details of the court in Nenagh??

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

Anyone know of any other courts near Sallins apart from Naas health and fitness? You have to be a member there to play. I know of north kildare club but it's a bit far from Sallins

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rob.d

I'm looking for squash partner in Co. Kildare area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ritn

Hey guys, just to let you know that the DCU Squash Club is up and running and they take limited associate membership every year. They train 3 times a week and are competing in the Leinster Squash Saturday League. Their website is:

http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~squash

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Hugh_doran

New to Portlaoise. Myself and a mate are looking for squash clubs / courts that we could use or a club to join.
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 cyberbuli

Unfortunately Portlaoise squash club closed a few years ago and there is little squash in County Laoise. However there are courts in Cullahill, Ballinakill, Mountmellick and Killenard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Hugh_doran

Cheers for that Cyberbuli....Mountmellick sounds like the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bayobayo

any court in tallaght area,pls help am dying slowly because of non playing

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭dizzyg

Most clubs in Leinster are listed here
    http://www.leinstersquash.ie/resources/clubs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭abceire

bayobayo wrote: »

Spawell have two courts, Churchtown the Del la salle secondary school have two, if you want to book the schools you need to ring after after 5pm or 6pm i think, and they not free during the day week days.
    I play for the Spawell team, but the Del la salle team let us train with them sometimes if they've free spots in their training sessions, there is a free spot tonight if you wanted to go, 7 to 9 pm, they've a coach who comes down and you get to play everyone, usually 8 players per session. 0868106349 is my number, let me know if you want to play.

Any competitons or squash training camps held after Saturday leagues finish up?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Oberlus

bayobayo wrote: »

I used to play in Phoenix Club but since it closed down and my partner moved back to his country, I have not played, so I am a bit rusty. Anyway, I am willing to play. I moved recently to Saggart, so near Tallagh is perfect for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I'm home in Cork for the weekend. Anyone know of courts open to the public tomorrow?

Oberlus wrote: »
    I used to play in Phoenix Club but since it closed down and my partner moved back to his country, I have not played, so I am a bit rusty. Anyway, I am willing to play. I moved recently to Saggart, so near Tallagh is perfect for me.

No courts in Tallaght, nearest would be Spawell which is pay and play.http://www.carrgolfcentre.com/squash.html Spawell have a box league too.

And there are nice ones in Ballyfermot too,
    http://www.ballyfermot.ie/component/option,com_sobi2/catid,64/Itemid,72/

Both are play and play courts no membership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Joseph Sheridan

I thought as I have the time I would make a list of all squash clubs/courts in Leinster so there is a ready reference for people who want to join somewhere locally. I will leave it to others to do Munster, Ulster and Connaught. This is not exhaustive and is really un-checked in parts as clubs close down and new ones open too. I have put a quick description of any courts I have been to / played on. I am sure others will be able to amend and add to this list especially since I am only aware of Leinster squash on the whole. I have not included websites since many are obviously googleable if you want to check one out.

Leinster

Fitzwilliam LTC - Home to many international squash fixtures and considered the top club along with Sutton in Leinster (despite Carlow having at least two of the top-ranked players in the country and many of the best juniors) (8 courts)

Sutton LTC - The other strictly white-clothing policy club besides Fitzwilliam

Westwood - In Leopardstown and along with the two above they tend to feature heavily in the Leinster leagues

Aer Lingus - Out in ALSAA beside airport (3 courts???) Visited the place but never played here

Joe May's - Skerries

David Lloyd Riverview - Another expensive club in Clonskeagh

Leinster Cricket Club - I used to belong here but left because of moving house and it became too far to travel too. (2 courts) Friendly place, not really many junior players playing but they enter quite a few teams in the leagues still.

RTE - (2/3 courts) PLayed here once, although I think membership and use is really only open to RTE staff. (Correct me if I am wrong)

Mountpleasant - Ranelagh - Another tennis/squash combo who are very professional if a tad exclusive.

Old Belvedere - Squash/Rugby combo in Donnybrook. Don't know much about them but they do seem to field very competitive teams in the Leinster Leagues.

Total Fitness - Sandyford. One of the many squash/fitness centre combos

Sandycove Squash club - No info

Total Fitness - Castleknock

Curragh Squash club - In the army training centre. Not sure if they are open to membership outside the armed forces. Someone told me once that they had very low (or was it high) ceilings.

All the teams above regularly enter teams in the Leinster League as can be found on the Leinster Squash website

Other Clubs in Leinster that I know of

Arklow Squash Club
    Mullingar Squash Club
    Tullamore Squash Club
    Carlow LTC
    UCD
    Trinity
    DCU
    Kilkenny Squash & Racquet Club
    Dundalk Rugby Squash Club
    Squash club in Drogheda
    Bridgeview Squash Club - Wexford

Other courts (but no clubs as such) that I know of still in existence:

K Club
    Killenard Community Centre (Portarlington) (1 Court)
    Ballinakill (Laois - 2 courts - in need of maintenance)
    GAA Club in Cabra ???
    Carrickmacross Emmet Centre (1 court)

There are many others in hotels around Leinster too I think but having never played in one I have no list of them here.

PLease add to this list

Naas Health and Fitness,
    Monread Avenue,
    Naas,
    Co.Kildare.
    3 new glass back courts. They enter teams in the Leinster League both mens & ladies. They also have a very good internal league all year round.
    Coaching for adults and juniors available also Racquet Re-Stringing.
    Very active and friendly club.
    /snip or naashealthandfitness.com

Advertisement