Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urban Dead - Online Game

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Charmed as always. :D

It is always a pleasure :) While I could have blown poor Kathleen Doodles (whoopsa?) away with a few rounds to the face I really just wanted to find you so we could reacquaint ourselves. I almost didn't find you, and then I almost ran out of AP killing you in that darkened cinema but you were already wounded. It might have been a cheap kill, but now the introductions are complete.

You can find me among the Bash horde, I look forward to soaking up some of your bullets and those of your team.

Who knows, maybe the MOB will cross paths with you folk again some day; ladno says hello :)

*doffs hat*

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

You can't kept a good man down, already revived.

I suspect you are quite close. Ruined bank maybe? ;)

We'll be meeting each other sooner then you think :)

Don't waste your AP hunting me, I'll let you in on a secret; As soon as I killed you I took a swan dive from the building next door and returned to a more base form.

I really wish Thug could remain a PKer as he always was back in the day, unfortunately I've seem to have misplaced my non-MOB zombie so Thug has had to go native.

Breathing is overrated, you should giving it up some time

Don't waste your AP hunting me, I'll let you in on a secret; As soon as I killed you I took a swan dive from the building next door and returned to a more base form.

I really wish Thug could remain a PKer as he always was back in the day, unfortunately I've seem to have misplaced my non-MOB zombie so Thug has had to go native.

Breathing is overrated, you should giving it up some time

I don't have it in me to be a good zed, i enjoy the banter and craic and the zed life lacks that for me.

I'd rather beers then brains :D

I don't have it in me to be a good zed, i enjoy the banter and craic and the zed life lacks that for me.

I'd rather beers then brains :D

Sometimes the fundamental differences are so vast that there is no overcoming them. When that happens it's just all out war, I look forward to our upcoming battles. Next time I'm alive I may not even kill you, I might try one of these..beers

• Advertisement

I look forward to it.

... :)

In the neighbourhood?

In the neighbourhood?

Who knows? I just reactivated my zombie, so we'll see how I'm fixed for dropping by. You guys are still around, yes?

Who knows? I just reactivated my zombie, so we'll see how I'm fixed for dropping by. You guys are still around, yes?

That's for us to know and you to find out.

I'll give you a hint.
    yes we are :p.

• Advertisement

Then I look forward to crossing your path at some point. If I stick with it I might bring my human to life and stop griefing you enough to join up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

You guys seem to die a lot :p I've just revived lizt for the third time in a week outside of Creedy.

What you really mean is Liz dies a lot :p

I miss you guys, checked into Vigors over the last few days and not a bit of you to be eaten found

Ah crap, pity we missed you. I do enjoy smashing your head in :D

We are on tour.

Helping another group.

Ever revive that survivor character?

Ah crap, pity we missed you. I do enjoy smashing your head in :D

We are on tour.

Helping another group.

Ever revive that survivor character?

You only getting more appetising by the day old friend. Is this a tour I could be told about? The MOB sure would like to help out too! No survivor revived yet, but play your cards right and make this chase fun and we'll see how it goes :D

Deal.

But I'll tell you what, you stay where you are, and we'll chase you ;)

Deal.

But I'll tell you what, you stay where you are, and we'll chase you ;)

Well now I feel important Don't worry, we'll tidy over this place before you get back :pac:

Game on. I'm excited - are you?

Bastard :p

• Advertisement

vJNutkW.jpg

Ass of Jack wants me to ask why do you hurt my friends? :(

301374.png

301377.png

Not to worry, I'll spread the love around :D

I love that you're one guy with a mission - you've not called in the other Boardsies (yet? :pac) even though poor lizt was hit at least once. It's admirable. Futile, but admirable ;)

*Edit*: Oh, I see. It's no fun if you keep running away ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

I signed up to this today I'm a complete newbie.

Can any one give me some advice?

Ever building I've been searching seems to be boarded up and I've picked up stuff like books when searching which I'm not sure is any use.

At the moment all I know is make sure I'm back at the safe house when my action points are about to run out. Is there a way to create new safe houses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

At the moment all I know is make sure I'm back at the safe house when my action points are about to run out. Is there a way to create new safe houses?

You don't need to be inside your safehouse, any barricaded building will do. Your safehouse is just a building that you set so that it'll always tell you how far away from it you are (e.g. 3 blocks north, 2 blocks east). You can set a new one at any time, but it costs 1AP.

If you're aiming to play as a human and have the Free Running skill you're off to a good start as this allows you to move between buildings (that are not ruined) once you get inside. If you don't have free running then I strongly recommend that it's the first one you get.

As a human you can enter any building that is very strongly barricaded (VSB) or below. Once buildings are heavily, very heavily or extremely heavily barricaded then you can only enter from a neighbouring building with the free running skill.

If you're trapped outside your best bet for entry is usually a church. I find they are generally kept at VSB to allow lower level players to get inside. The individual suburb maps on the wiki have keys to what the buildings are "ideally" kept at, but they're not always reliable because not everyone agrees with the plan that some people use, plus they don't take account of the real situation on the ground, e.g. if a building comes under attack with people inside then they usually strengthen the cades as much as possible.

Pistols and shotguns aren't much use to you at the beginning. The best weapon a new player can have is a fireaxe (you can find them at fire stations). Upgrading your Axe Proficiency skill gives you a decent hit percentage for a low-level player. An axe is the only weapon you'll need until you start using pistols or shotguns and I always carry one as a backup in case I run out of ammo.

The quickest way to gain exp in the beginning, imo, is to find a hospital (with lights on, if possible), search for as many first-aid kits (FAKs) as you can carry and then FAK every survivor you find. At first (unless you started as a Doctor) you won't be able to tell who has full HP and who doesn't, so you'll waste some AP trying to heal people who don't need it, but your exp gathers up quite quickly. Always keep a FAK for yourself - if you are bitten by a zombie you can become infected and lose HP with each step you take. A FAK will cure this.

You'll get a feeling for the game and figure out whether you like going around healing people, whether you want to revive people (with NT needles, which I didn't even cover), whether you want to load up with ammo and take out zombies, or maybe being a zombie will be your thing!

For zombies, you usually want to start your skill tree with Lurching Gait, Ankle Grab, and Vigour Mortis.

Skills to avoid until you're established are: Tagging, Radio Operation, Knife Combat (if you get Axe Proficiency instead), Scout Safehouse and Headshot as they don't add a huge benefit for the cost to a new player.

As a zombie, don't buy Brain Rot unless you want to stay a zombie - it's much harder to get revived with this skill. Death rattle and Ransack also aren't very helpful to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

It's been a few years since I was on this and iv'e forgotten my password and character name :( having to start from scratch again

any one a member of an active group? I'm looking to get more involved in the game wouldn't mind teaming up with a group.

Boards have a group. Aptly named The Boardsies. We go through periods of high activity to very little. We even have a super secret private forum.

What's your character? I can add you to the forum.

• Advertisement

Boards have a group. Aptly named The Boardsies. We go through periods of high activity to very little. We even have a super secret private forum.

What's your character? I can add you to the forum.

character name is: highgiant

currently I'm at lerwill heights in st columbanus hospital

Advertisement