Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

betfair withdrawal

Options
  • 22-06-2013 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭

Hi I have a betfair account and over the last couple of weeks I received my new visa debit card. So I added this card to my account. Thing is betfair won't let me take any money out on the card.
    The original card I was using is no longer working so does anyone know how j can get the cash out.

If I try to take it out on the old card will it still end up in my bank account or will I lose it.

Also what's up with the restrictions on taking money out on betfair it wont let me take out what I want to take out.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

I don't think Visa allow you to withdraw back to the card, you can get it paid to your bank account instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Withdraw to the old card and it will come back to you. I have done it plenty of times as I had an old card which was lost. The fact the card doesn't exist anymore isn't an issue as long as the bank account is still working

Betfair have a rule that you can't withdraw to a card where your withdrawls will be greater than deposits if you have other registered cards where deposits are greater than withdrawls. Once you have the old visa car in a net withdrawl position, and all other cards similar, you can withdraw to whatever card you want.

You can also phone them up and explain and they will remove the old card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

There is an option under your card details to un-register your card. I had to un-register my old laser card recently when I received and started using my visa debit card. My old laser was in a net withdrawal position so I don't know if you can un-register a card that is in a net deposit position (but I don't see any reason why they would stop you from doing this).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

why is it nearly impossible to get them to issue a cheque?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

why is it nearly impossible to get them to issue a cheque

Costs.
    Most places won't issue a cheque unless there is no alternative.

• Advertisement
Advertisement