Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pokemon league! Meet ups every Tuesday 6-9pm.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

ust to remind people, we are having a tournament at anime Dublin this weekend, and its going to be awesome, we have some really cool prizes lined ups, so people should come down to it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Have the times changed to the earlier timeslot now?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I think it's 1-4pm now.

Tis 1-4 now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Grand, I'll update the thread title so.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Will be there next Tues with Angron :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

1- 4 now? I might actually be able to make it then!! (as should be able to get return transport no problem)

Is it every tuesday, every week? Where in dub is it?
    Whats the most common thing played, cards/DS/ Gen 4/gen 5?
    Average ages if I can ask? XD ..
    oh, is there a cost?

1- 4 now? I might actually be able to make it then!! (as should be able to get return transport no problem)

Is it every tuesday, every week? Where in dub is it?
    Whats the most common thing played, cards/DS/ Gen 4/gen 5?
    Average ages if I can ask? XD ..
    oh, is there a cost?

Every Tuesday every week. Gamersworld Jervis street
    Mostly cards these days, but everyone brings a DS
    Between... 16 - 24 ish
    Nope, free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

cool! .. I'll see if I can make it sometime :)

Will be there next Tues with Angron :D

I don't suppose you or Denny left a tin?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

cloud493 wrote: »
    I don't suppose you or Denny left a tin?
    Keldeo tin, all I remember of the cards was there's a Crobat and Wailord in it? If so, yeah, that was me.

Angron wrote: »
    Keldeo tin, all I remember of the cards was there's a Crobat and Wailord in it? If so, yeah, that was me.

The mystery on the facebook page is solved :p

There was a mystery? I wasn't watching.

Heads up people, we have a super cool friendly tournament on Tuesday :) should be good craic, and with the really good league turn out recently, hope to see you guys there./

1146689_1401787883379796_813322590_n.jpg

1006075_1401787966713121_754784091_n.jpg

1003198_1402167930008458_98492004_n.jpg

Look at all the fun we're having :D

The league times have changed back to 6-9PM in the evening guys, starting a new season this week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Hey guys just wondering what exactly is run during this time? Are the DS/3DS games played much or is it mostly card games? Also its free yeah? Do you have to be a regular attender or can you just go as a once off? Me and a few of my friends are interested in coming up to it but as we are from Limerick it wouldn't be a regular attendance like, would that be ok? Sorry for all the questions :o

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

All signs point to Limerick having its own league very very soon, you should find out more in the Gathering. In the mean time, there are more card game players but DS has seen a huge upsurge recently thanks to X & Y. Its a fiver but that covers the table charge of €3 and you get a booster pack. You can show up as often or sparingly as you like, but to get all the promo stuff for a season you'd need to show up at least 4 times. Any other questions you have I'd be happy to answer :)

Playing again tonight guys :) and eirtakon this weekend.

League tonight guys, and a Saturday session as well if the numbers are enough for it :)

• Advertisement

Tuesday sessions are still going strong :) and I believe limerick have started their own league!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 doylec79

Sorry for bugging you but just curious is Tuesday 1 to 4 in Gamers World still ongoing

It is, we've also got a tournament coming up on Sunday in Dublin, and a tournament at BroCon in Limerick.

Dublin Pokemon league furious fists TCG pre-release, saturday 2nd August, check the Facebook group for more info.

Dublin pokemon league ancient origins pre-release Sunday 2nd August, registration starts at 11.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Dublin's first premiere challenge of this years season (organised play event that gets you points you need to go to nationals, world championship, etc) 12th September, we have an awesome facebook event page

https://www.facebook.com/events/1642662645972916/

https://www.facebook.com/events/1001365749936676/

Premiere challenge in Dublin, 3rd October in NCI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ Chris Flabby Mink

Hey, any interest in a meet-up in Cork? I know, I know - there has to be one Cork person waving it in everyone else's face. Just wondering so I don't have to commute. :P

Hey, any interest in a meet-up in Cork? I know, I know - there has to be one Cork person waving it in everyone else's face. Just wondering so I don't have to commute. :P

There's a very active facebook group to ask these questions in that'll probably get you a better response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭brianorourke

Just wondering is there any video game meet ups in Dublin still happening? Would love a weekly battle with people

Advertisement