Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Road Race Championships

• 22-06-2013 6:37pm
    Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,095 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Mel Spath retains the Women's Elite Championship at Carlingford today, from Siobhan McNamara with Mary Costello 3rd

Earlier Hugh Mulhearne took the vets championship from Greg Swinnand and Derek Joyce

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

BNYJ42ICEAABhsr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

Bennet and Brammieier are joint favourites at 9/4 with Philip Deignan at 6/1. With the flat circuit Bennett looks a great bet, but hard to look past a 3 time defending champion.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

Think Lavery will be in the first 3 he is riding well and he is very aggressive, thats what it will take. Its short as well so that could play into bennetts hands he should have a decent sprint at the end if he makes the split.

Bennett, LAvery , Brammeier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

are Dan Martin and Roche not riding?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

My money is on Lavery.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,095 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

My money is on Lavery.

I'll put mine on Bennett then....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Bennett for me with Paudi OBrien as an outside bet

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

are Dan Martin and Roche not riding?

Roche isnt. He's away with Saxo doing a tour de france camp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Would love go see one of the younger lads take the title today. It could well push them into bigger things. While Brammier has been the strongest in past three events I don't think that he will ever be better than he is. Everytime I read an interview with him he comes across like a right moany b1tch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

I want Philip Deignan to win .....he could win most while wearing the jersey

Still annoyed D Martin and N Roche aren't there ....I know D Millar is in Scotland and was training yesterday with Martin in Girona (acc to Twitter) .....so where is the camp....I bet Millar will be in the Tour

Valverde is in Spain,V De Brooke in Holland, Sagan in Slovakia, Cavandish in Scotland, etc ...imagine they are all doing the Tour ??

• Advertisement

The minute i mention Deignan he crashes ....what the feck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Such a pity this isn't televised :(.

Big up to the ladies who crashed yesterday. Four laps in and still up there no bother.
    -Nursing bruised flesh and carbon today :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭531

What time does the race start? Is there any updates available anywhere?

531 wrote: »
    What time does the race start? Is there any updates available anywhere?

its been on for ages - where you've been

following on Twitter with

PlanetTriRacing

briancanty

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

MPFG wrote: »

Out cycling!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Live feed from finish line

http://www.irishcyclingphotos.com/?p=17395

Brammier, Lavery

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

brammier 4 in a row !

following on Twitter with

PlanetTriRacing

briancanty

thanks for those planettriracing did a great job on the ol twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

And Fulgsang who is leading Astana in the Tour is riding in Denmark

While Greipel has won German RR from Degencob........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭titan18

And Fulgsang who is leading Astana in the Tour is riding in Denmark

While Greipel has won German RR from Degencob........

I don't think any of the Saxo team selected for the Tour rode their national team races. Garmin haven't announced their team yet, but I'd imagine they wanted Martin there to work with Hesjedal and Talanksy.

Well I for one don't think its good enough not to take 3 days out and ride in your 'home' championships ..... training could eb scheduled around it ...

Cavandish has flown from Italy to Glasgow to ride around in the rain. I am not a fan of his but respect for giving his national championship the respect it deserves

Kinda questions the whole argument about flying to Corsica.....as must be just as hard ot get to Corsica from Glasgow as from Dublin....

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,095 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Sounds like Cav is taking it seriously - in the 5 man break on the final lap by the sounds of it

Beasty wrote: »
    Sounds like Cav is taking it seriously - in the 5 man break on the final lap by the sounds of it

Kennaugh, Stannard, Millar and Cav are about 5 mins clear on the final lap.

Stannard punctured not long ago and the other 3 waited, class act.

Twitter feed
    Montrose Street now and the last chance to drop the sprinters? No, because it is Cav who attacks!!

Millar, Cav and Stannard all together,. looks like Cav prob has this in a sprint.

Brian Smith ‏@BriSmithy 40s
    Cav - Stannard - Millar #Glasgow

can't believe this wasn't on TV

and Cav takes it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Inquitus wrote: »
    can't beleive this wasn't on TV

+1 sounds like some race

Cavendish is the 2013 British Road Race Champion

BNda0NyCAAIF-tR.jpg:large

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    and Cav takes it

He rode a similarly aggressive race at the last commonwealth games although didn't win. nailed it today despite at one stage having 4 Sky riders in the break with him.
    Great ride.

Also for Brammeier to win 4 in a row is simply astounding. A suberp display and one which deserves respect.

Chapeau to the 2 of them.

Advertisement