Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Wexford 2 Day August 17th -18th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Pawlie

michael196 wrote: »
    g

Because I am old and heartless, and memory is fading, I just rechecked the distances.

Yes, a little over 37 km per circuit. for stage 3.

Be aware that in the 37 km, there is 430 meters of climbing. That is not savage, with no hill exceeding 100 meters. but there are 10 such small inclines / hills , enough to tire you over 148K.

think of al those short hills on tip end of the beara peninsula.....

Do you want 148 K ? ( 4 laps ) or three laps at 111 K. ?

A4 again restricted to 80 K
    4 laps please,the stage would decide who wins overall it no matter how good some one does on the hill climb,go on 4 laps be great for the 2's and 3's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

Pawlie wrote: »
    4 laps please,the stage would decide who wins overall it no matter how good some one does on the hill climb,go on 4 laps be great for the 2's and 3's

well bouy,, go on so.... a few Blaas as the PRIMES ? :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Aodho

2 questions:
    - Is entry open
    - Will the A2/A3 race be largely A2s since many (majority?) of A3s at B champs?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭fondriest

Aodho wrote: »
    2 questions:
    - Is entry open

Thanks

I think there will be a lot of A3s , the B champs are in Omagh which is a long spin for anyone on the south coast .

4 Laps please Michael .

• Advertisement

2 questions:
    - Is entry open

Thanks

we have yet to launch the online booking.

we are looking at about a 40 euro fee.

148 it is then .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭RockWerchter

I say five laps...

2 questions:
    - Is entry open

Thanks

remember we are limited to 180 for the a2/a3. so the a2/a3 will be a decent sized field.

I say five laps...

You're barred !

we have yet to launch the online booking.

we are looking at about a 40 euro fee.

148 it is then .
    Dont forget the blaas for the primes,not entering for nothing yea know :p

148km cannot flaming wait once i dont go kabooooooooom lol

• Advertisement

fondriest wrote: »
    You're barred !

5 you say hhhhmmmmmm.........

we never considered 5 , but lets see.........;)

5 laps for the hill TT ?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭leopard trek

holding to a one off race on the saturday for Under 16 only. its as much as I can get. !!![/QUOTE]
    Ye should through in an early morning time trial and afternoon road stage ;)
    That's great!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

4 laps for me too please :D

The on-line registration company Precision timing are handling our Celtic Link Ferries Wexford Wheelers 2 day.

We hope to have the online registration opening in the coming days.

The on-line registration company Precision timing are handling our Celtic Link Ferries Wexford Wheelers 2 day.

We hope to have the online registration opening in the coming days.
    Great stuff,can't wait for this.
    Are most details like routes,distances etc finalised,when will we get to have a look at them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Late-ish start on Day 1?

Give us a chance to make it from across the country and save on a nights accomodation??

Kudos for putting on the event, something to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭pprendeville

This sounds like it will be a great event. Think I'll have to pencil it in as a last hoorah before heading away for a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Slo_Rida

FFS
    I am only seeing this thread now!
    Michael massive kudos to ye for putting this on. I am ALL OVER THIS!! I can't do Charleville cos the wife is going in for a procedure the week after...something about having a baby I dunno she obviously never consulted the CI calendar.
    Anyway congrats and I can't wait for it. Let us know when we can register.
    BOOM
    I can see the blue Wexford skies and I can hear the heavy panting of heavy A4's dying a little inside with every pedal stroke up the Wexford mountains drags!
    Awesome!

ur some drama Slo !!

Yep Wexford Drags, it is not high they are, rather how fast you go over them that realy matters. U can take all day or take minutes.

ericzeking wrote: »
    Late-ish start on Day 1?

Give us a chance to make it from across the country and save on a nights accomodation??

Kudos for putting on the event, something to look forward to.

we cannot go too late as we have to get you up a hill also on saturdat evening.

if we have 200 plus at 30 second intervals, we need to start before 6 pm.

hold the stage 1 start to as close to 11:30 - 12 as we can.

• Advertisement

Great stuff,can't wait for this.
    Are most details like routes,distances etc finalised,when will we get to have a look at them

yeah we are pretty much there on routes. the frank o rourke for day 1 stage 1, limited to 80 K for A4, and probably do 100K for A2/A3,

then stage 2 is the hill climb TT, and stage 3 is the 80 K A4 and up to 148 K for A2/A3.

Quite lumpy 37 K circuit, with 300 meters climbing per circuit.

We can start stage 3 early ( 11-11 30) as you will all be present in wexford.) some will be coming home after the stores night club)

Looks like we will go with timing chips , to make life easy.

We are waiting on sponsor details to finalise at this point but precision timing should be opening the event on line real soon.

Note that distances quoted by Precision are already reviewed, the Wexford wheelers website is the only source of times and dates.

Do not refer to what is shown on here, re start times etc. Details will change as the date approaches. and the latest information will be on Wexford wheelers .com

for those of you local enough, we also have a Team Time trial in July coupled with the local tri club, a separate TT league and Wexford county TT champs.

last year we had Carrick wheelers, Barrow wheelers, Wexfrod Tri, Waterford racing, Wexford wheelers , some clubs putting in 2 teams,into the team time trial. Some saturday morning in july.

we also will re re-run the Taghmon Roubaix which is an ancient Wexford wheelers race route over 4o miles concluding on concorde. Some thursday evening in July / august

Called Roubaix because of the poor race surface. Travles through several villages en-route.

in last years Taghmon Roubaix, Robin Kelly jumped Martin Mizgajski to take the hill top race finish.

we also have the (sportive ) tour of wexford in august, which is a 170K coastal ride around Dunbrody, Hook head, Saltmills, Loftus house, Kilmore quay and Rosslare strand. this year we will alos include a crack at Sliabh Coillte near New Ross.

in addition to our own league etc.

the frank o rourke for day 1 stage 1, limited to 80 K for A4, and probably do 100K for A2/A3,

then stage 2 is the hill climb TT, and stage 3 is the 80 K A4 and up to 148 K for A2/A3.

Quite lumpy 37 K circuit, with 300 meters climbing per circuit.
    Thanks for that,I reckon this two dayer gona be as good and prop as hard as the Corkman stage race :D

then stage 2 is the hill climb TT, and stage 3 is the 80 K A4 and up to 148 K for A2/A3

" up to 148 k " that's a bit of a get out clause Michael . Make it the 148k . Pretty please !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

I'd be considering combining this with a family holiday. Every body seems to be plugging longer distances so to balance things up for the a2/3 my ideal would be

- short first day stage about 70k
    - long second day one about 100k

Gather I'm the only one with this sort of preference but thought I'd throw it in to see if there are others

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The Crunch

I'd be considering combining this with a family holiday. Every body seems to be plugging longer distances so to balance things up for the a2/3 my ideal would be

- short first day stage about 70k
    - long second day one about 100k

Gather I'm the only one with this sort of preference but thought I'd throw it in to see if there are others

You're not alone!
    I'd second that. Not so keen on the long second day.

fondriest wrote: »
    then stage 2 is the hill climb TT, and stage 3 is the 80 K A4 and up to 148 K for A2/A3

" up to 148 k " that's a bit of a get out clause Michael . Make it the 148k . Pretty please !

its has to be 148 as the circuit is 37 K, so 4 x 37 is 148.

The Crunch wrote: »
    You're not alone!
    I'd second that. Not so keen on the long second day.

first day is handy keeping distances down. second day, u have to work a little.

the reasoning behind longer stages towards the middle / end of the year is the expectation that racers will have gained fitness by august.

you are still 7 weeks out. We give 100 K to A2/A3 in May, in the frank O rourke hence 148 Max in August

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The Crunch

first day is handy keeping distances down. second day, u have to work a little.

the reasoning behind longer stages towards the middle / end of the year is the expectation that racers will have gained fitness by august.

you are still 7 weeks out. We give 100 K to A2/A3 in May, in the frank O rourke hence 148 Max in August

Ach! Worth a try... It'll be one of my first races of the year. I'll definitely be working on day one as well as day two...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Slo_Rida

Michael
    The word "hill" or "hilly" is coming up way too often!!!
    Can you get the routes up for stage 2 and 3 before I have a hernia thinking about all the hills!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement