Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

best mp5k?

• 14-06-2013 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

hi all
    i am thinking of getting an mp5k and just wanted to know hat is the best one and value for money and the pros and cons of them
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭SlappyTheSeal

Marui Mp5k in airsoft eire for 250, best mp5k on the market if price isnt a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 irishdude00

yeah i was thinking of tm but there abit pricey!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭CaptainCook

i got the tm one now a while and its pretty great, got mine from airsoft global on special but it would probably work out cheaper from airsofteire. Great gun good range low fps only problem is semi sometimes sticks but this is a common enough problem for these i think.

Theres also the galaxy MP5k pdw from taiwangun, free shipping and its a brilliant gun for just 80€, Full metal gearbox and bushings so itll last a long time too. Theres also the cyma version which is the exact same gun just full metal externals.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 irishdude00

i might look into the galaxy one from taiwan gun.
    thanks for the help!

• Advertisement

i might look into the galaxy one from taiwan gun.
    thanks for the help!

No problem :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Miss_Kitami

This is slightly off topic, slightly, but I was actually wondering does anyone know an Irish shop that would be likely to have the Galaxy MP5k in stock? I'm saving my pennies at the moment for my first AEG and being someone who loves a project I decided to get this and use it as a base unit. (I'm the kind of person who gathers old PCs and Frankensteins better machines from the parts, for fun.)

I tried their websites, but only ever found it marked as out of stock.

This is slightly off topic, slightly, but I was actually wondering does anyone know an Irish shop that would be likely to have the Galaxy MP5k in stock? I'm saving my pennies at the moment for my first AEG and being someone who loves a project I decided to get this and use it as a base unit. (I'm the kind of person who gathers old PCs and Frankensteins better machines from the parts, for fun.)

You do realise its free shipping right? No vat charges either as its based in poland which is in the EU, so youd be saving 20-30 quid by buying it off their taiwangun

I realise all that. I also realise that for an extra few quid spent in and Irish shop I have some come back if I find myself having bought a lemon. As well as supporting one of the businesses that provides for the Irish airsofting community.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

I bought the galaxy one a good few years ago. Didnt like it. It had a tendency to misfeed quite a bit. I ended up taking it apart to look at it but ended up not being bothered putting it back together. I just didnt have the same confidence in it that i do in my other primaries. Its a pity because i love its look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭johnny test

South East airsoft http://www.seairsoft.net/product_details.php?id=463&sub=283&subcat=Submachine%20Guns

conor-mr2 wrote: »
    I bought the galaxy one a good few years ago. Didnt like it. It had a tendency to misfeed quite a bit. I ended up taking it apart to look at it but ended up not being bothered putting it back together. I just didnt have the same confidence in it that i do in my other primaries. Its a pity because i love its look.

Thats probably a lemon then, my mate has it (He the reason i know about it in the first place) and his one feeds flawlessly with 3 different brand of mags, He has ICS Hicaps, MAG midcaps, and an unknown brand one that he got off his friend who got out of airsoft a year ago

Thanks Johnny, and they're in Wexford which is just down the road sort of.

Ordered my Galaxy MP5K today. It's on special in SEAirsoft til Friday so I figured why not, so thanks again Johnny. Now we play the waiting game...

Ugh the waiting game sucks, let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos! Or Skyrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 tommyboy_71

The Galaxy MP5K I have is still as good as it was when I bought it about 5 years ago. Granted its not my primary, but it has had a fair amount if use and abuse and still comes back for more.

@Miss_Kitami: Let us know how you get on with it and definitely post pics.

Oh I will Tommyboy. I do my first bit of project stuff next week. So barring any disasters pics will follow soonish.

Advertisement