Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Wexford 2 Day August 17th -18th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭fondriest

The one up from Mother Hubbard's I'd say, best road surface and plenty of space at the start.

But ballindinas is fun !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

fondriest wrote: »
    But ballindinas is fun !

I bet it is fun when you have the KOM!

I bet it is fun when you have the KOM!

That'll be short lived enough I'd say !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭harringtonp

The hill climb will probably be on one of these climbs (apart from the one at the start) http://app.strava.com/activities/53460931

Anything on the race stages ?

Tx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

Any strava, garmin or mapmyride type link to the potential stages ?

Tx

On the Ras circuit at the moment. Will post the known routes once they are completed. Frank o O'Rourke may form one stage. Second stage is a new circuit in development.

Will get back tou next week. Following team Wexford, voicegrid in the Ras.

Concorde maybe included as the time trial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 carbonhead

With regards to an underage race on those dates - the final of the interprovincial league is on August 18th

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

Any news on when entries will be accepted? I need to book accommodation, but not before I have a place in the race :)

rurs wrote: »
    Any news on when entries will be accepted? I need to book accommodation, but not before I have a place in the race :)

bear with us.

The A3 participation is now resolved with Cycling Ireland.

CI : :confused::confused::confused::mad::mad::(:(:eek::eek::eek: Eventually :rolleyes::o;) and then :D

We are open to A2/A3 and A4 and we will run an under 16 on the saturday stage.

Stage 1 is a shorter Frank O Rourke, cutting all classes by approx 20% in distance.

Stage 2 is a short hill climb time trial, finishng at Concorde. We will keep the start under wraps for the moment !!!.

Stage 3 is a longer circuit. two close by hills on a circuit. It is a figure of eight circuit totaling some 37 km to complete. So you get to go around twice or four (!!) times depending on your class. This circuit was introduced to me recently, was then reviewed and risk assessed and will be finalised.

Stage 1 for the underage is not fully resolved.

Headquaters is the Maldron Hotel in Wexford, so go ahead with a booking.

Bear with us !!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

michael196 wrote: »
    We are open to A2/A3 and A4 and we will run an under 16 on the saturday stage.

Thank you for this, can't wait for it.

That said, racing with A2s as a fairly slow A3 rider, my excitement is slowly turning to fear, see you then,

If you could put up a post when entries are open or will they all be on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Pawlie

Stage 3 is a longer circuit. two close by hills on a circuit. It is a figure of eight circuit totaling some 37 km to complete. So you get to go around twice or four (!!) times depending on your class. This circuit was introduced to me recently, was then reviewed and risk assessed and will be finalised.

Yes boy,4 laps * 37km on last stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭smurphy29

Superb, hopefully will be my first stage race. Great to have a stage race with a separate A4 race I must say, and the parcours sounds fantastic.

Any word on how/where one enters?

chakattack wrote: »
    Feedback...

Short hilly/technical TT and 2 long road stages please :D

Flat hard shoulder stuff gives too much advantage to those with a full TT setup.

Granted. the guideline was shorter flatter , time trial followed by longer hillier.

smurphy29 wrote: »
    Superb, hopefully will be my first stage race. Great to have a stage race with a separate A4 race I must say, and the parcours sounds fantastic.

Any word on how/where one enters?

Did you do the cork man a4 3 dayer down in kanturk man

I didn't, I was at the Frank O'Rourke that weekend. I believe it was a great race though.

smurphy29 wrote: »
    I didn't, I was at the Frank O'Rourke that weekend. I believe it was a great race though.
    cant beat stage races in any cat lad

I cant wait for the 148km last stage :D

Pawlie wrote: »

That's sounds pretty cool alright . I've never raced over that kind of distance .

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this. I can't make Charleville, so this will be something approaching a season finale I guess.

That's sounds pretty cool alright . I've never raced over that kind of distance .
    Cant wait to check the route out for it,hopefully some good climbs on it too :D

I've a fair idea what the last stage is and it's a doozie . The climb to the Concorde for stage 2 is fairly tough in any direction so should be good to .

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭leopard trek

Stage 1 for the underage is not

Bear with us !![/QUOTE]

Does this mean its a two day? :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Woohoo! Looking forward to seeing the hill climb TT. I get to physically watch any semblance of respectability of my Strava time disappear :)

Woohoo! Looking forward to seeing the hill climb TT. I get to physically watch any semblance of respectability of my Strava time disappear :)

I think there's only a Strava segment from one side , don't think there is one from the mountain bar side .
    I don't like the way Michael196 is keeping the start a secret he could be starting it anywhere .

I think there's only a Strava segment from one side , don't think there is one from the mountain bar side .
    I don't like the way Michael196 is keeping the start a secret he could be starting it anywhere .

I just made a segment from the mountain bar side there now!

Maybe he'll start the climb in Trinity, that'd be a good bone-shaker.

I just made a segment from the mountain bar side there now!

Maybe he'll start the climb in Trinity, that'd be a good bone-shaker.

There's a lot of bone shaking roads around there , I spotted some tarmac up there the other day though :-)

F$$%K you know me too well !!!!!

To be honest mountain bar to concorde was not realy considered.

But hhhmmmmm..............

interested to hear where you think stage 3 is ?

There's a lot of bone shaking roads around there , I spotted some tarmac up there the other day though :-)

we are not coming from trinity, we certainly wanted to but the surface is just too poor.

however the trinity approach will be used in the Taghmon Roubaix.

Taghmon Roubaix date to be decided.

are u serious ? Wow .

Pawlie wrote: »

g

Because I am old and heartless, and memory is fading, I just rechecked the distances.

Yes, a little over 37 km per circuit. for stage 3.

Be aware that in the 37 km, there is 430 meters of climbing. That is not savage, with no hill exceeding 100 meters. but there are 10 such small inclines / hills , enough to tire you over 148K.

think of al those short hills on tip end of the beara peninsula.....

Do you want 148 K ? ( 4 laps ) or three laps at 111 K. ?

A4 again restricted to 80 K

the only other thing i can tell you about Stage 3, is that it is a very old Wheelers Race circuit. I am with the club since 91, and I saw this for the first time in april 2013.

we are not coming from trinity, we certainly wanted to but the surface is just too poor.

however the trinity approach will be used in the Taghmon Roubaix.

Taghmon Roubaix date to be decided.

Have you been there recently? The surface is really something else lately, practically cyclocross territory!

I'd also recommend this climb from Newbay to Ballindinas, very good for a Roubaix style race I'd say!

http://app.strava.com/activities/55471815#1011532608

• Advertisement

Stage 1 for the underage is not

Bear with us !!

Does this mean its a two day? :D[/QUOTE]

holding to a one off race on the saturday for Under 16 only. its as much as I can get. !!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement