Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tom Clancy's The Division

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

It looks fantastic, but no PC version... yet. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Seriously, how good does this game look!

Too good...

*Cynical stare*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

It was the one game from E4 that I said, "I'm getting that" when I seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Another secret from Ubi and possibly another sleeper hit after Watch Dogs last year. I was surprised to see the Tom Clancy name linked to it but that does not not mean anything anymore since Red Storm stopped making games in his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,634 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

If it doesnt come out on PC itll probably be what tips me over into picking up a PS4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

can't fricken wait looks outstanding. Is it multiplayer, do you work in 3 man squads, any details?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The trailer had me intrigued but when they showed the gameplay footage I was sold. Looks brilliant and looks like a huge open world to explore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

weiland79 wrote: »
    can't fricken wait looks outstanding. Is it multiplayer, do you work in 3 man squads, any details?

That 3 man squad just appears to be people playing seperatly online and dropping into each others games.

One thing that wasn't clear to me, is this an XBone exclusive or will it be out on PS4?

That 3 man squad just appears to be people playing seperatly online and dropping into each others games.

One thing that wasn't clear to me, is this an XBone exclusive or will it be out on PS4?

It'll be on both.

both
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-11-ubisoft-saves-its-best-for-last-tom-clancys-the-division-for-xbox-one-and-ps4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was wondering about the squads as well. 4 man sqauds might work best with this type of game. Like there were 3 of them and then 'Chris' drops in for a minute with the helicopter, just class. Were the enemies at the police station AI or other players? I like the idea of co-op against ai on missions like that 'take back the police station' but it all seemd so dynamic. Now I want to see a vid where they head down the tuneel instead of going into the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Aw yeah, that'd be great if you could play as the Peace Corps or civilians. That way you could get both sides of the story.

I never realised that Chris the helicopter/drone pilot was controlling it from his tablet. wow

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

This looks amazing. While the Co op looks cool, I can see myself going as a lone wolf exploring the city on my own a lot too.

Weiland79 is my PSN tag add me for co op.

Super excite!

Checks release date.......feck there isn't one

Seeing as this is PS4/XBO and XBO has SmartGlass for tables what is Sony's version of Smartglass. I already watched a video of a person buying Killzone on their smartphone and remote downloading to the PS4 but Sony have said nothing about this yet.

Super excite!

I read somewhere 'Fall 2014' :(

Super excite!

Fall 2014 release date so far. Could slip as Ubi tend to Tom Clancy titles.

I never realised that Chris the helicopter/drone pilot was controlling it from his tablet. wow

Possible Vita function for the PS4 version??

ooooooohhhh I'll have to get a Vita if thats the case.

• Advertisement

Ha ha i love all the speculation

What have we got so far? Player controlled Squads against AI with VITA controlled air strikes! and not a shred of evidence between us.

Sign me up:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

This would be the best game ever if it was a persistent online MMO world.

Aim of the game: stay alive.

Start/join factions. Control territory and resources. The potential for that kind of game is immense. Add in the tablet aspect for "commander" strategy type gameplay and you could have the ultimate mix of action and strategy. Just thinking of the possibility for the in game economy involving food and weapons gives me the giddies.

But still, it looks awesome as a standard multiplayer or even single player game.

The only game that made me even think for a minute of getting a PS4 instead of just upgrading the auld PC.

Given Sony's talk of integrating the Vita with PS4, this could be a real possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Yeah, This game was my highlight from all the gameplay shown this year at e3. Ubisoft do it again, last year it was watchdogs.
    Cant wait to get my hands on this game, looks amazing.

Same here. The Division is my game of E3 so far. Haven't seen any of the new Nintendo stuff yet though. It will be the end of the week before all the hidden gems come out of the woodwork.

What makes the video confusing is that they used voice actors with a script for the video.( I think).
    I know when I'm playing withn friends we don't sound as slick as that. More along the lines of
    " Theres A Fvcker on the roof"
    " Where?..... Ah Fvck Fvck Fvck the Fvcker got me.......Baztard"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

****, this looks class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Looks absolutely amazing but just wondering how the likes of myself, with a friend list population of zero, would manage. Looks like if you've no friends to play with there's no point. Maybe a boards.ie group might form when it releases?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

danthefan wrote: »
    Looks absolutely amazing but just wondering how the likes of myself, with a friend list population of zero, would manage. Looks like if you've no friends to play with there's no point. Maybe a boards.ie group might form when it releases?

I'm in the same boat as yourself really and have avoided co-op games like DayZ, L4D etc because of it. But if this game lives up to only a portion of it's potential (admittedly based on only one trailer), there'd be no probs getting some squads together from boards as it would be hugely popular.

My biggest problem is that it still hasn't been confirmed for pc :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

Even if you don't have friends to play with, going as a lone wolf would be pretty fun. Tracking squads waiting to ambush, avoiding other squads using stealth, watching two groups slaughter eachother til you arrive and steal the loot etc.

Advertisement