Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Requesting odds on a novelty market with PP

• 03-06-2013 6:23pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

PP are running a novelty market at the moment on Doctor Who and who will be the next Doctor. Yes, very geeky.

Odds are here...

I have a feeling about who the next Doctor might be but they aren't actually listed in that list of names. What's the best way of requesting odds? Do PP have an online feature that lets you request the odds? Or would I have to go into the shop? Thanks in advance guys. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Email them. Paddy's would generally be better than the other bookies at giving odds on unusual bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭3DataModem

If you ask for a runner to be added to a novelty bet PP will give you terrible odds and a 20e max bet.

They'll assume you know more than they do, and price accordingly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I don't mind the 20€ max. I'd only be doing a fiver on it.

I'll send the email off and see what odds I get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

You'll be offered 33/1

Sent off the email. Got a reply saying it would be furthered onto the trade department and they'd get back to me.

Was 4 days ago. Have sent a follow up now.

• Advertisement

Well, got the reply.

They don't want to know about it. Shame. I requested odds on Jenna Louise Coleman, the current companion, to become the next Doctor in Doctor Who. Based solely on a hunch about how the story of the show is developing. But they said they are unwilling to offer odds. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭3DataModem

The issue is that plenty of people know the truth (or likely truth) about the next doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,000 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

3DataModem wrote: »
    The issue is that plenty of people know the truth (or likely truth) about the next doctor.

They could quite easily quoted him a price, as he was only going to place a fiver on the market, it would not have bankrupted the company.

Anyways Rory Kinnear has been offered the role, so OP you have saved some money!

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Anyways Rory Kinnear has been offered the role, so OP you have saved some money!

Ach, I've seen 5 different people have been "offered" the role in the last week alone. The showrunners have said they've not cast anyone yet though, and until BBC call a press conference or officially announce it, I wouldn't say money is saved or lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

If you ask for a runner to be added to a novelty bet PP will give you terrible odds and a 20e max bet

Always ask for 4 or 5 different people, that way they won't know which one you are actually trying to back. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement