Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TA Events Closes

• 02-06-2013 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭

Taken from Facebook
    Well it's over 7 years since I ran my very first event in 2005 at the Urban Assault Airsoft site. During that time I have run 14 major BattleSim events, 1 TacOps event and 2 "Open Warfare" skirmish games.

But unfortunately, all good things come to an end, and for TA Events that time has come. It was by no means an easy decision to make, but ultimately, I can not give the events the attention they need to run them the way I want to run them.

One thing is for sure, and that is I would not have lasted the 7 years without the help and support of some key people, teams and organisations. So I would like to give a special thanks to:

Brett, Paps and Carl. You guys have been with me through thick and thin and have gone to untold lengths in order to help and support the events.

Steve Morris, Steve Hiskett, Mark Mitchell, Andy Stevens, and all their guys that came to the events in order to support the staffing activities.

The commanders, Marcus, Dan and Liam, Connor, Chris, Jon, Lex, Dan, John, Marc and Conrad.

The many players and teams that came from all over the UK and Europe. But a special mention to those players that went to a lot of effort to attend the games from overseas, and in particular the Irish, Belgians, Dutch, Slovakians, Slovenians, French and the Swedish.

The many orgnisations that provided their support over the years; Frank and John from Fire Support, Dave Manning from Tag Airsoft, Tony and Nick from TLSFX and Matt Belgrove from Stirling Airsoft.

And last but no means least, the teams that have helped TA Events in some form or other over the years; Team Gray Fox, Team UCL, Team Stirling, Team Delta Alpha, but a special thanks to Team HWM, and in particular, Marc, Chris, Mike, Conrad and Arran.

So thanks again to everyone that came to any of the events over the years. There were some real highlights, some furious action and some real good fun. It has been an absolute pleasure creating and running the games over the years and even more of a pleasure seeing people enjoy the many weekends that TA Events has offered. So I say goodbye for now, but as I will be continuing to show my face at future venues, I hope to see some of you again soon.....wormbyte....out!

Ian Wermerling
    Director
    TA Events Ltd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Gutted.
    That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

why-would-you-do-that-now-i-have-to-kill-you.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

That's a massive shame. I still have my dogtogs from the Uprising event and that for me was the best airsoft event Ive ever been to.
    The pyro was amazing, the atmosphere was electric. Even running around with guys who had NV gear that was clearly milspec.

Im pining for another event of its type at Senny.

Advertisement