Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Off-Topic, insult, picture and everything else thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Not a sight you ever want to see

208936_516158331764447_1101499359_n.jpg

64277_524684544245159_711214177_n.png

"Bored Policeman Uses Taser On Sandwich"

Weapons News: A bored policeman discharged his taser into a tuna and sweetcorn sandwich just to ‘see what would happen’ a court has heard.

PC David Hands, of the Greater Manchester Police, said he had been issued the taser months before, but has never had cause to use it. Then, during an idle moment in his lunch hour, he decided to fire the weapon into the sandwich ‘just because he could’.

“It’s not all car chases and kicking in doors of cannabis farms,” said PC Hands. “We have slow days as well. And it’s on days like that some of us wonder what a sandwich would do with 50,000 volts of electricity coursing through it.”

The court heard that his colleagues only became aware of the tasered sandwich when the break room started to smell of burn sweetcorn.

“This is an another unfortunate case of the police misusing power,” said a spokesman for The Independent Police Complaints Commission.

“We hope this behaviour would have stopped after last year, when one constable was reprimanded for trying to microwave his helmet during a tea break. Lessons need to be learnt.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

That paragraph had me in stitches ! :D That is comical, tasering a sandwich and microwaving a helmet, ohh man i needed a good laugh ! I am assuming its a fake though ! Google only brought that particular article up though !

Bad Flowers.....Bad

20880_525853700794910_1520812059_n.jpg

163930_528111190569161_411609730_n.jpg

391004_527860643927549_1081382520_n.jpg

538056_527387060641574_1576599960_n.jpgWhat .....seriously what ....stop looking at me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Fire fighters in spain protest against cuts. Wonder how well they work together on the job?

Sz3fDSW.jpg

Just seen someone on my Facebook stream posted about the new lower drink driving limits (not sure if it's actually 'new' or not though to be honest).

Something I'd be curious of (after a discussion/series of "no, you're wrong!" replies): If you were sober and hadn't been drinking, but were after playing a game of 'tongue tennis' (for lack of a more romantic way of saying it) with someone who HAD been drinking, would such an exchange cause a breathalyser to accidentally cause a sober person to be over the limit?

Just seen someone on my Facebook stream posted about the new lower drink driving limits (not sure if it's actually 'new' or not though to be honest).

Something I'd be curious of (after a discussion/series of "no, you're wrong!" replies): If you were sober and hadn't been drinking, but were after playing a game of 'tongue tennis' (for lack of a more romantic way of saying it) with someone who HAD been drinking, would such an exchange cause a breathalyser to accidentally cause a sober person to be over the limit?

Roadside maybe .....

Back at the station no unless her tongue was in your lungs!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Oh dear, gone global this has.

754_544618102251803_702815542_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Atlantis50

UK Community Support Officers (CSOs) in action!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f95_1370258442

If you have an hour and a half to spare, watch this movie! ....If not all of it, at least watch it for the opening speech!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

I found this hilarious. Definitely watch it, just ignore the crappy animation and voice acting.

RTC Mechanism of Injury

• Go on.

Admit it.

You put this as one of your ringtones this weekend, didn't you?

If you didn't, then I garentee someone you know put it to ring when YOU call......

1010058_563378867042393_1073256962_n.jpg

995096_560566167323663_2114770609_n.jpg

544453_568633339850279_1599979614_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭redsurfer

Getting ready for Xmas party already

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Watched a few episodes of Firefighters on the RTE Player there. Wow. Forget the surprisingly good production quality, the content, the professionalism, the temperament and the all round good humour of the DFB was amazing!

I'll sleep even more easily tonight knowing that we've got a seriously top class outfit keeping the city safe. If there are any DFB on here, I salute you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Was anyone watching the Arsenal/Villa match yesterday? You'll see a quite horrific looking accident involving the Arsenal player Bacary Sagna who landed on his head and bent it in towards his chest. I couldn't believe my eyes when all that appeared to happen was just the Arsenal medical team tended to him, no paramedics, no collar, no board and he was allowed to walk off the pitch unaided.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

A Garda left her warrant card & epaulettes in my place of work over this week-end and when I phoned station in said county what I got was "sure you can imagine what went on before they were taken off" :eek:

As if that justifies the lax minding of such personal belongings! She didn't even contact asking about them; they were handed to me and I had to try and find someone to contact said Guard.

Are the majority this lax with their warrant card and epaulettes or would it just be this one Guard who happened upon my place of work? :rolleyes:

My own hi-vis jacket went missing in the station with a set of epaulettes on it and "nope no-one saw anything; never located". Was informed new epaulettes would be issued; nothing! Not expecting them now, just saying they can go missing, but some people actually care about their personalised Garda Equipment/Clothing!

It's really the attitude when I phoned said station that pisses me off, not surprising though, but annoying that something like this can be brushed off like it happens all the time by members.

Chatting to a Victorian Senior Connie the other day, he was at the WPFG in Belfast and came down for the day to Dublin.

He was stopped by a garda who advised him not to leave his bag in the boot of his car as half the local hoods in the pub next door had seen it.

This was near the Guinness factory, he was impressed the members took the time to keep an eye out for him. Well done those members he had only nice things to say about AGS.

Seen this on facebook ! :D

GidRErn.jpg

Not a cop ?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsoUArgpo9s

I saw this and can't help but recall some Irish freeman clips.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Hitchroun

Thought you lads might be interested in this...

Comment of the video:
    Nenagh - 15-June-2013 17:37pm
    Guy speeds up and cuts me off on the roundabout going the wrong way. Get's out and threatens to take me to the Garda station and that I don't know how to drive.

The Driver of the jeep is a reserve Garda based out of Nenagh, Co Tipperary. Today 09-01-2014 I have been informed that no charges will be brought against him and he will only receive a caution. The DPP advised that it would be too costly to proceed further
    Not much good without audio in the video though... Surprised the apparent GR got out of the car.

The poster of the video posted the car's reg aswell, plus the driver is clearly seen in the video. Is that legal as its a public place I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Hitchroun wrote: »
    Not much good without audio in the video though... Surprised the apparent GR got out of the car.

The poster of the video posted the car's reg aswell, plus the driver is clearly seen in the video. Is that legal as its a public place I wonder?

Of course its legal. Anyone can record anything in a public place.

Surprised the driver hasn't made more of a song and dance about it. I would have, disgraceful driving. (re getting out, without audio for all we know he could have apologized for his driving, however the fact the other vehicle reversed makes me think differently…..)

Advertisement