Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coral Verification

• 25-03-2013 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭

I signed up with coral 2 weeks ago and I won a bit of money. Just last week they suspended my account because I needed to verify my age. I took pictures of my drivers license and passport and sent them to them through the verification email address. I got an email back a few days agao saying my details didn't match my account of they couldn't verify my age even though I had plenty of pictures and everything was very clear. I emailed them straight after (this was around Tuesday or Wednesday) and they're too useless to reply.

Anyone who has verified your account with Coral, how did you do it? I have a good 50 euro in it and a few free bets, those free bets are gonna expire soon so I'm getting annoyed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I emailed them scanned copies of utility bill. credit card & passport and all was fine.
    The only problem I had with them was, the person in Coral didn't understand how Dublin didn't have Postcodes!
    Did you put the correct DOB, correct address etc.
    They have to match the emailed photo ID you sent to them.

I'd mention the fact that you have Free bets on the account and as they are due to expire, you would like it sorted asap.
    Also drop the hint that you didn't have any of these problem with XXXX (insert whatever bookie you want here).
    You''d be amazed what a mention of a competitor would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭scheister

i signed up during cheltenham and like that cud not withdraw untill sent the details in got the money out and them i tried to log in the other day to see the account suspended and then got an email saying to verify the account im dont plan on using it so just ignoring it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

okidoki987 wrote: »
    I emailed them scanned copies of utility bill. credit card & passport and all was fine.
    The only problem I had with them was, the person in Coral didn't understand how Dublin didn't have Postcodes!
    Did you put the correct DOB, correct address etc.
    They have to match the emailed photo ID you sent to them.

I'd mention the fact that you have Free bets on the account and as they are due to expire, you would like it sorted asap.
    Also drop the hint that you didn't have any of these problem with XXXX (insert whatever bookie you want here).
    You''d be amazed what a mention of a competitor would do.

See I took pictures which maybe they dont accept. I'll try scanning them next. The annoying thing is I emailed them asking for help on how to verify it and they just didnt get back to me ... at all. What useless customer service, especially that I'd to ask here for help instead. Everything I sent them matches my details but then again if I made a mistake on my account details I cant change them or correct them now because the account is suspended. I hope to god those free bets are still there when this does finally get sorted. If not I'll be a very unhappy man.

I'll try what you said above first anyway, they might come to their senses!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

I got mine verified through Twitter. Sent a scan copy of an out-of-date passport and a bank statement.

out-of-date passport

I'm surprised they accepted that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

FatRat wrote: »
    See I took pictures which maybe they dont accept. I'll try scanning them next. The annoying thing is I emailed them asking for help on how to verify it and they just didnt get back to me ... at all. What useless customer service, especially that I'd to ask here for help instead. Everything I sent them matches my details but then again if I made a mistake on my account details I cant change them or correct them now because the account is suspended. I hope to god those free bets are still there when this does finally get sorted. If not I'll be a very unhappy man.

I'll try what you said above first anyway, they might come to their senses!

Coral were a total disaster during Cheltenham. Website constantly going down and their customer service team never get back to anyone.

The easiest way to contact them is by phone.

Wasn't just Coral who had problems, PP as well.

Wait till next Saturday (GN) and see which website crashes the most!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

I was surprised aswell. But I think Twitter is the way to go about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

They finally accepted the pictures but naturally my free bets have expired .... another strongly worded email on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Johnny Cage

Did they give you back your free bets? I'm in the same situation, waiting for account to be verified and have a €50 free bet which better not expire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Bump!

Same situation here. Question about the free bet for any of you who got it set up. Can I put my 50e on at any odds like say 1/50 and then get my free bet and do whatever I want with it? Can't see anywhere that says it has to be at odds of 1/2 or better etc. and their customer support is a joke :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Bump!

Same situation here. Question about the free bet for any of you who got it set up. Can I put my 50e on at any odds like say 1/50 and then get my free bet and do whatever I want with it? Can't see anywhere that says it has to be at odds of 1/2 or better etc. and their customer support is a joke :confused:

you only get the winnings back and not the stake so backing a 1/50 winner would only win you €1

you only get the winnings back and not the stake so backing a 1/50 winner would only win you €1

No I mean the 50e that I put on as my first bet in order to get the free bet?

They say they'll give me a free bet matching my first bet (up to 50e)

So can I put my 1st bet on something really safe at like 1/50 and then get my free bet without any hassle?

Most bookies say the odds of your first bet need to be at least 1/2 or greater but I can't see this anywhere on their site? :confused:

Why would you deposit €50 to get a free bet of €50 to then put on a 1/50 so you would win one Euro?
    Sounds like a lot of hassle and work to get €1?
    I'm sure you have to play through your deposit 3 times to make a
    withdrawal of your free bet winnings.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Why would you deposit €50 to get a free bet of €50 to then put on a 1/50 so you would win one Euro?
    Sounds like a lot of hassle and work to get €1?
    I'm sure you have to play through your deposit 3 times to make a
    withdrawal of your free bet winnings.

No listen. Whatever your first bet settled is, they will equal it up to 50e and give you a free bet to the same vale as your first settled bet.

So I was wondering can you bet the 50e at 1/50 and then still qualify to get the free bet or does it have to be at odds of 1/2 or greater etc.

Turns out you can, won on a 1/7 shot so they give you the free bet regardless of the odds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭kala85

Do you get to keep the original €50 stake or is just the winnings from the stake??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭kala85

For anybody who went through the verification process, how long did it take??

Funnily enough I got the original €50 stake back for my free bet so maybe that's the way they do it? Only made up for the fact that the 1/7 shot I put the €50 on actually lost and they paid out by mistake but then took the money back :o (Seems to be a lot of mistakes with them)

Their verification is a joke, been over 10 days now and they still haven't completed mine, saying that they pictures aren't clear enough. Wonder how quickly they'd have cleared it up if I didn't have 160 quid sitting in my account though. So far they've let me place a few bets but suspended my a/c a week ago and i'm still waiting for them to clear up the verification on their part

• Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Funnily enough I got the original €50 stake back for my free bet so maybe that's the way they do it? Only made up for the fact that the 1/7 shot I put the €50 on actually lost and they paid out by mistake but then took the money back :o (Seems to be a lot of mistakes with them)

Their verification is a joke, been over 10 days now and they still haven't completed mine, saying that they pictures aren't clear enough. Wonder how quickly they'd have cleared it up if I didn't have 160 quid sitting in my account though. So far they've let me place a few bets but suspended my a/c a week ago and i'm still waiting for them to clear up the verification on their part

I was waiting around 10 days set up a twitter account and they sorted it out the same day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Nuts102 wrote: »
    I was waiting around 10 days set up a twitter account and they sorted it out the same day.

Does anybody know do William Hill do verification by twitter or is just Coral?

• Advertisement
Advertisement